☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

Gonna try my best to make updates. I haven't been keeping up with Beta and I'm on business right now. Landing home tomorrow night so I'll do what I can before release. Targeting the weekend when I can to try higher content and make tweaks + videos.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
You still recommend to start as a Raider and later with enough currency tranistion to Pathfinder?

For now im mostly care about budget version and league starting tips, reaching endgame will take some time. So if u can try to update the budget version first gonna be rly gratefull.

Also after nerfing Death's Opus to 100 multi seems that rare Harb gonna be better with a smaller pDPS then it had to have before. Also i imported ur PoB code and even Lioneye's Glare seems ahead of Death's Opus. And without need of accuract it can be then new Nr1 Bow for budget version.
Last edited by Hejti on Aug 2, 2017, 5:46:00 PM
wow, i just read the changes in 3.0. Lioneye's glare is gonna be so OP! it's already a great bow for leveling, now with far Shot, it's going to be an awesome end-game bow. Oh man, but wouldn't that make Deadeye to be even more irrelevant and less appealing?
Hello guys, Will any of the new support gems affect the build?
"
You still recommend to start as a Raider and later with enough currency tranistion to Pathfinder?

For now im mostly care about budget version and league starting tips, reaching endgame will take some time. So if u can try to update the budget version first gonna be rly gratefull.

Also after nerfing Death's Opus to 100 multi seems that rare Harb gonna be better with a smaller pDPS then it had to have before. Also i imported ur PoB code and even Lioneye's Glare seems ahead of Death's Opus. And without need of accuract it can be then new Nr1 Bow for budget version.

I'm fairly certain Lioneye is going to have a big impact if Opus got nerfed like that. Although for that setup, hard to max out on Crit Chance so we'll have to weigh the differences between great base crit + extra link, since for Lioneye we must use Increased Critical Strikes.

I was already a fan of it, did an Uber kill with it last league before I bought a 388 pDPS Harbinger.

If you're experienced in the build (I think you are? Saw you post in SignalShot thread a lot last league), you can go directly Pathfinder. I just found for budget players, or for players that don't have a lot of time, Raider provide the best benefit for the smallest investment. Pathfinder is still our endgame, after all.

"
BigMac_McD wrote:
wow, i just read the changes in 3.0. Lioneye's glare is gonna be so OP! it's already a great bow for leveling, now with far Shot, it's going to be an awesome end-game bow. Oh man, but wouldn't that make Deadeye to be even more irrelevant and less appealing?

Deadeye is just such garbage because it offers no utility whatsoever, and seems like we are gonna need it this patch since Life didn't really get buffed but content got bigger. Once again I'll have to play around with the numbers.

"
kapin77 wrote:
Hello guys, Will any of the new support gems affect the build?

I really don't think they will to be honest. New Support Gems aren't really WED (or whatever it is now, EDA I guess) focused at all so we'll start with the same links. One argument can be made for Innervate if you go Elemental style though, free Onslaught allows us to open up a Flask Slot, so while paper DPS goes down, effect DPS should still rise.

I reviewed the Patch Notes last night at the hotel, so I got some stuff to think about on the flight. Still working right now though, unfortunately. I have some ideas that I haven't shared here before so I'll post my 2.6 Personal Setup tonight, and that would be good for historical purposes anyhow.
Thank's for the answers. I was considering goig PF from the start since i don't rly like lvling new characters and buying + using 40 regrets would be a waste early.

Im still curious if they gonna add a new Bow to the council, they showed 2 new items, boots and gloves. There is a also a chance for Harbinger League Unique Bow (Harbinger base would fit the league name lol).

However for a starter u would still recommend Death's Opus becouse of crit? Lioneye's looks better now but as u wrote the luck of crit is pretty bad.

I used ur endgame PoB and when changing phys proj to inc cirt on Lioneye's setup it have similar dmg to nerfed Opus with phys proj gem. Then seems like a 350 pDPS Harb can get a little ahed (even without crit affix).

Also what's ur opinion on nerfed Alchemist? We cannot longer get 3 proj from Dying Sun, the only way would be to use a Conqueror Potency jewel but i don't know how it looks compared to a nice dmg jewel.

Still trying out things in PoB but im not that experienced with PoE yet, started playing like half the way through Breach league.

If you find time to check things for budget wariant i gonna be gratefull, however don't rush anything.
Last edited by Hejti on Aug 3, 2017, 12:23:25 PM
I generally beeline for Lioneye in new league, so last 2 leagues I played either my build or SignalShot. Reasoning for this is economical... early league you got very little resources to work with, assuming you aren't flipping 24/7 or whatever to generate currency that way. That and your gear isn't end-game quality yet so you don't know, especially in the Jewelry department, what your setup looks like.

So while Opus is good, or has been good, at the early stages, Lioneye for me is way more value because you don't ever have to worry about Accuracy during that stage, period. Use it first, then work on getting end-game Jewelry with good Accuracy rolls when the time comes.

Also as a side note, only thing I don't like about being poor early league is you gotta use VP instead of Acuity, with Raider you don't need Blood Rage, with Pathfinder, some people find it more comfortable to play without BR but you lose Frenzy Charges. So that is a playstyle decision you gotta make.

For early league pickups, should be focused on Tabula or trash 6L, Lioneye Glare, then sniping good Jewelry and Jewels. 4-mod damage Jewels last league I picked up for maximum 1 Exalt, if even that, in the first two weeks. That makes sure I never have to go back and overpay later on. Same with Amulet, Rings, etc. Imagine getting SignalShot style Jewelry for 1-2 Exa, lmao. You don't have to overpay for Rat's Nest day 1, buy Starkonja's Head for 1 Alchemy and you are okay. And so forth.

For Alchemist, I couldn't fit it in this build so that's always an issue. I have tried pathing to it multiple times while theorycrafting, but you lose way too much in the process because those nodes take so many Passives to travel to. You can theoretically do it, but there's very little value outside of getting a Jewel Socket (which you would lose a Socket somewhere else anyways, so neutral), along with Cruel Preparations and potentially Arcing Blows. The original plan for myself was that if Life Nodes got a buff, the trade-off could happen, but in this case most of that is staying the same.
Yeah Lioneye's will be nice for accuracy problems, was also more after it.

How important are Atziri Acuity? They gonna be pricy as hell, so it will take a while to get them.

My bad with Alchemist, was used to ES SinglShot so i didn't pay attention that we don't travel to it with this version.

DicemanX posted a good idea in SingalShot thread to switch bows and use Kaom's Heart. Using Chin Sol for bosses with barrage setup and sth like Opus for LA map clears. Might be worth a try.

Gonna follow ur tips thanks. At what point would u look for a rare Harb?

Also if u find time, could u share a poe.trade search for jewels? I know we probably need a life mod + 3 dmg ones but im not sure what gonna be the best.
Last edited by Hejti on Aug 3, 2017, 6:14:20 PM
"
Yeah Lioneye's will be nice for accuracy problems, was also more after it.

How important are Atziri Acuity? They gonna be pricy as hell, so it will take a while to get them.

My bad with Alchemist, was used to ES SinglShot so i didn't pay attention that we don't travel to it with this version.

DicemanX posted a good idea in SingalShot thread to switch bows and use Kaom's Heart. Using Chin Sol for bosses with barrage setup and sth like Opus for LA map clears. Might be worth a try.

Gonna follow ur tips thanks. At what point would u look for a rare Harb?

Also if u find time, could u share a poe.trade search for jewels? I know we probably need a life mod + 3 dmg ones but im not sure what gonna be the best.

Just got home, am super tired but I'll do what I can tonight.

Acuity is nice if you don't wanna always play with the "gotta go fast" style that is VP + Blood Rage. It's unfortunately all we got to work with in the early game. Easy workaround is Raider with VP, don't need Blood Rage to generate Frenzy Charges. Other options, especially now since we got access to Wise Oak to cap resists with no problems, is Blood Dance boots, or +1 Curse Amu with Pathfinder (any shitty one is ok) and you use double Curse on Hit, which I did one league and it was fine, no need for Blood Rage.

I saw Diceman's post, is probably the best option for min/max tbh, I did this in 2.4 videos, you can watch old ones in the 2nd post), but once I was settled on Signal Fire 100%, getting 2x +1 Signals is gonna be pricy. But for AOE you can use non +1, most important is the Barrage Bow you use will be important.

Will do the poe.trade link when I gather thoughts.

For bow unless you're grabbing 380+ or even better I'd stick with the Uniques. Gotta run numbers later on new Opus but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Only reason I had a 388 last league is because the guy sold it to me 6L and cheap b/c he had no clue I could clear suffixes to re-mod.
Okay, so here's the post for my initial thoughts on Patch 3.0.

First of all, timeline:

• Today: Relevant Patch Notes Highlights
  • Today: Proposed Tree
  • Saturday: Initial testing with what I have available, basically T16 Maps, Uber Lab, etc.
  • Sunday: More testing, likely with different bows. If possible, when people find new Lioneye or Opus in Standard, please contact me so I can borrow.
  • Early Next Week: More Trees, Leveling Guide + extra details
  • Non-too-distant-future: Guide Revamp

Relevant Patch Notes Highlights:

• Power Charges now grant 40% increased Critical Strike Chance per Charge (down from 50%).

Comments: It's not terrible because we were never investing into a point where we would be hurt too much from this. We may be forced to do heavier investment into Crit overall to stay capped, though. I also saw Crit Multi nerfs.

• Similarly, Shock no longer increases the damage taken by enemies by a fixed amount for a variable duration. Now, Shock will apply to enemies for a duration of 2 seconds and increase the amount of damage the shocked enemy takes based on the Lightning damage dealt to the enemy. A purely Lightning hit which removes 10% of an enemy's life will increase the damage that enemy takes by 50% for 2 seconds, scaling linearly down to 0% at no Lightning damage dealt. Shock is still only applied by critical strikes or based on your chance to shock.

Comments: This is actually okay since the distribution of damage that we have is mostly Lightning/Fire. I do not think it will be an issue to keep targets shocked, especially boss fights is where we care. However...

• Vessel of Vinktar: The Shock aura now increases damage taken by 10%, but the Shock on the player still increases damage taken by 50%.

Comments: This is going to be quite a hit, since we don't start the fights off now with a free +50% damage. Hoping that the Shock changes compensate for this, with our initial hit.

• Herald of Ash's secondary effect no longer ignites. Instead, enemies near slain enemies are burned based on the overkill damage. The description on Herald of Ash has been updated to properly reflect what it does.

Comments: We were never Ignite/Ailment focused, so while this seems to have nerfed HoA in a way, we were mostly interested in the damage itself scaling off Physical, which looks to be unchanged.

• Weapon Elemental Damage Support has been renamed Elemental Damage with Attacks Support. It has been reduced in power at all levels, from 40% to 35% at gem level 1, up to 54% more Elemental Damage with Attack skills at gem level 20.

Comments: It's not like we weren't planning on using it. Still does what it's supposed to do, which is give us a fat multiplier.

• Innervate Support has been reworked. It now grants 20% chance to shock at all levels (up from 15). At level 1 of the gem, it grants 1-25 added Lightning damage to supported skills, up to 11-218 added Lightning damage at level 20, and grants Innervation for 4 seconds on slaying a shocked enemy with a supported skill. At level 1, the Innervation buff grants 1 to 17 added Lightning damage for 4 seconds, up to 8-145 added Lightning damage at level 20. Innervate now has a 130% Mana Cost multiplier.
  • Added Cold Support and Added Lightning Support have been buffed, bringing them on par with the Added Chaos support gem. Added Cold Support now does 35.1% more damage at gem level 20. Added Lightning Support now does 17.5% more damage at gem level 20.

Comments: Arly's take on LA is Elemental Focused, so just pointing out if you were to ever transition to that "flavor" of archer, this actually seems pretty good. Is worth playing around with.

• Pierce Rework

Comments: Definitely weaker than what it was like before. I tried to find some footage to see for myself but I'm on limited time here. I would imagine this is still going to be value-added for TS, but LA-Chain has been a monster in AOE once you have 2x 5L+ active anyways.

• Maligaro's Virtuosity: Global Critical Strike Multiplier lowered to +20%-30%.
  • Facebreaker: Global Critical Strike Multiplier lowered to +30%.

Comments: Jesus. Literally just use rare gloves at this point in the early stages.

• The Wise Oak: Elemental Damage Penetration lowered to 10-15%.

Comments: Figured as such. Still going to be op as fuck, I think they missed the point of the Flask.

• Taste of Hate: Physical Damage added as extra Cold Damage lowered to 15-20%.

Comments: In most setups, depending on situation/preference, I would not privatize TOH at all so this doesn't have too much of an effect on us. Sad to see some of these flasks getting stomped into the ground though.

• Atziri's Promise: Physical Damage added as extra Chaos Damage lowered to 15-20%, Elemental Damage added as extra Chaos Damage lowered to 10-15%.
  • Vessel of Vinktar: No longer has Lightning Damage Leeched as Mana during Flask Effect. The Shock aura now increases the damage taken by enemies within it by 10% (down from 30%).
  • Dying Sun: Increased Area of Effect lowered to 15-25%.

Comments: Unfortunate for the 1c wonder that was Atziri Flask, but still very strong and a good stand-in before we get end-game Flasks. Usually I replace this last, with Dying Sun, based on price. Vinktar not providing Mana Leech is a little unfortunate, but the important part of it was always the Life Leech. Don't really see that going anywhere. Also LOL @ Dying Sun "nerf" since it was all about the Projectiles anyways.

• Lioneye's Glare: Now grants Far Shot.

Comments: I'm already drooling.

• Heartseeker near the Ranger has had its Critical Strike Multiplier reduced to +30%.
  • Lethality near the Ranger has had its Critical Strike Multiplier with Bows reduced to +30%.

Comments: Nothing we can do about that.

==================================================================================================

tl;dr Patch Notes:

Things that Full Elemental Conversion Pathfinders use have been nerfed, but still exist in a manner that doesn't detract from the playstyle that has been highlighted in this guide. The Flasks that we use all took a hit, and we will do less damage, but here is the most important part:

• Vinktar still leeches a shitload of Life.
  • Dying Sun still gives us the same number of Projectiles.
  • Wise Oak still caps our Resists for fucking free.
  • Diamond Flask didn't get touched.
  • The most important part of Pathfinder, Master Alchemist, which allow us to use all these Flasks,
    didn't get touched.
  • WED (or now EDA? Whatever) style Support Gems didn't really get changed. Our Links will likely remain just as they were in 2.6
  • Early Game could be even easier if Lioneye is as powerful as I think it is

==================================================================================================

tl;dr of the tl;dr Patch Notes:

Spoiler

Trees:

I personally don't think I would stray too far from the End-Game Tree w/ Vaal Pact tomorrow:
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAQUACTIAAH8AXgMeBS0GIwguCIkNjQ-rES8UdRa_GYoZjh9BIXYi6i2DI_YkiySdJP0mlSo4LlMwcTB8MfoyATY9N9Q51DpCPs9DMUQNR35KfUt4TZLdDVFHU7tVS1uvXWhh4mJaYqxlTWyMFSBwUnTtdct1_Xb3ePl673sUfXV-3X8rhG-ExYbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo25jb8ZtJUFlwb2o5rxm42btZ2qoJ-hpKOKpMKn1LIZtUi3trvjvTa95r6nv9XBM8M6xKLI8Mqpz3rTb9N-1CPUQtaK2sHdqOHb51TqYutj7T_tg-4O73rI3P1u_rr-yP_ex503TBeW6ZjxbZ63_xB_gAAAAAAA

First 29 Points: https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAEEACQIAAB2bjQgu7YMZjgBe0359df66JJ1iWrvjxKKn1P7I73ruDqOKI_ZNko19MHxRR5UFCIma8V1oyqmNv9QjAAAAAAA=

Next 18 Points:
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAGUACQIAAC-bjQgu7YMZjgBe0359df66JJ1iWrvjxKKn1P7I73ruDqOKI_ZNko19MHxRR5UFCIma8V1oyqmNv9Qj9qMVIC2DGbS-p3XL6mK3to1-QzHawXTtBS1672VNvTZHfsjcAAAAAAA=

Next 22 Points:
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAJEACQIAAEWbjQgu7YMZjgBe0359df66JJ1iWrvjxKKn1P7I73ruDqOKI_ZNko19MHxRR5UFCIma8V1oyqmNv9Qj9qMVIC2DGbS-p3XL6mK3to1-QzHawXTtBS1672VNvTZHfsjclwYZisM6JIsPqxa_df2EbyaVYeJVS4w21EK1SOtjAx4fQREvNj2dqmyMYqwAAAAAAA==

Next 23 Points:
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAL8ACQIAAFwAXgMeBS0VIAguCIlKfREvFr8Zjh9Bh3Yj9iSdJP0mlTB8Mfo2PTnUQzFEDUd-DY3I3E2SUUdTu1VLwTNdaGHiYlpirGVNbIxwUnTtdct1_Xb3eu99dX8rhG-GziF2idOMNo19jX6Nv5UFmvGbjZ2qoJ-jiqfU9qO1SLe2u-O9Nr6nv9Vbry2DxKLI8Mqp037UI9RC2sHnVOpi62Ptg-4O73rdDf66_sj_3pcGGYrDOiSLD6sqOBm0AAAAAAA=

You guys know the drill.

Bandits: Kill All

Pantheon:

Major God Arakaali > Lunaris > Solaris, requires testing but I'm a big fan of added protection against DoT, Chaos is a major pain in the ass for all life build.

Minor God Yugul > ? Reflect Protection seems like the strongest value. Could see the merit of Abberath as well.

Links assuming you're using Lioneye's Glare on Day 1-2 ish:

TS-GMP-WED/EDA-PTL-Increased Crit Strike-Pierce (Try out Pierce, atm it still provides value imo)

or

LA-GMP-PPAD-WED/EDA-Increase Crit Strike-Chain

Barrage-PPAD-WED-PTL-Slower Proj or Added Fire-Ele Focus

HOI-Curse on Hit-Assassin's Mark-Ice Golem

CWDT-IC-ID-Vaal Haste/Blood Rage

Hatred-Blink Arrow-ID-Vaal Haste/Blood Rage

Simple and easy links.

If the Power Charge nerf is too much it could be beneficial to just go Herald of Ash and call it a day.

Frees up cool things like Spell Totem + Elemental Weakness so you get more damage against single target monsters for example.

Any questions leave them here, I'll try to be on periodically tomorrow to answer before the league. Good luck, everyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info