☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

Can we get a decent tree for voltaxic variant i want to try that if you can please
Why use Point Blank node? I know it does give MORE damage while you are face to face with mobs but I don't get it. For boss fights archers stay medium to long range, don't they? So, if it is for general clear speed, the clear speed is fine regardless imo. Perhaps there is a justification but it just doesn't make that much sense to me. Then again this is my second league (played essence earlier) so I am talking as a rather inexperienced player. Waiting for replies!

Happy Huntin'.
@Adultswim3: I tend to value more Projectiles and to me, since we aren't really a double dip build, I think going from GMP to LMP is not worth it.

@penguinsplight: You have some insane gear man. I did not invest into Charisma but then again I don't think Blasphemy and Assassin's Mark is worth it. You can either go Hatred + Herald of Ice with the Curse on Hit setup, Hatred + Enlighten + Blasphemy/Assassin's Mark, or Hatred + HOA depending on Crit Chance. I would not invest that much for another Aura. This saves 5 points that could go to the Jewel Socket above Acrobatics or to Revenge of the Hunted, which will help your Life Pool. Good choice of affixes on Gear/Jewels though. Your bow is a little questionable because it doesn't have any options to craft IAS/Crit Chance, and you may want to use a Diamond Flask in your setup to improve that.

@Bizze79: Izaro is an acquired taste... I'm doing the 100 Labs for Endgame grinds and there's a lot of subtle audio queues that will help you with it. But 5.3K HP is quite nice with Belly, keep it up :)

@zakariusqc: Any chance you can link your gear? 5L with Kaom is a little dangerous if your gear isn't tuned well. You still need to do damage first (if softcore ofc) and then tune your defenses.

@QuestinMarks: I do a lot of close quarter content with this character like boss fights, Lightning Arrow doesn't shine here tbh. If you want to use it, GGGGBR, Lightning Arrow-GMP-PPAD-Pierce-WED-(Crit Strikes or Crit Multi) is a good place to start, you can adjust based on your gear.

@saakurou: I've played this build in quite some temp leagues, I always start with something like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840849

And farm for upgrades to go there. You can see a similar pattern in that gear and what the end-game gear is.

@yastu: Best XP/hr, imo, is starting with Shaped Strand atlas, and eventually move on to chaining Shaped Atoll or Shaped Shores. I found Shaped Atoll to be absolutely crazy, it's very friendly for TS, imo, and less spread out than Shaped Shore. About new Zana Mods, I have been playing Legacy League so I have been skipping out on Zana Mods... I'm not sure how good they are compared to the investment.

jujumix: For boss fights we choose to get right in their face with Vinktar and Point Blank, because PB is another multiplier on an already loaded Barrage (every support Gem besides PTL is a "More" Mulitplier). Ele Focus is there as another hard multiplier, but since we lose the ability to shock from it, Vinktar covers that. The result is:

Barrage + PTL and...

PPAD "More Multiplier"
Slower Projectiles "More Multiplier"
WED "More Multiplier"
Elemental Focus "More Multiplier"

Point Blank Passive "More Multipier"

Vessel of Vinktar effect "Enemies are Shocked >>> they take 50% 'More' Damage"

These will all stack to increase damage fairly greatly, and the fact that we have Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics and a larger life pool is what allows us to do so.

=============================================================================

I'm planning on expanding this guide a lot more for future plans. Legacy League is winding down, but 40/40 still seems a bit out of reach so I'm going longer.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Mar 26, 2017, 5:07:15 PM
on a ice shot build, what would be better for my support number 6? inc crit dmg or slower projectile?im at 69% crit chance with my 4 charge up and im using assassin mark+inc crit strike+diamond flask so im basicly criting all the time. with hight crit does inc crit dmg is superior then slower projectile?slower proj seem to give really hight dps boost but inc crit dmg probably do so aswell but havent tested

I keep dying alot how can I improve my gear?

Hi, I have been following the beginner version of this build but am currently trying to transition into the more endgame guide. I am in a place where I am unsure of what I want to do next. I have a nice pdps harbinger but I unsure if I should get reach. I cant afford legacy reach. I don't know whether to get belly of the beast and keep lightning arrow and barrage, or get a kaom's and switch out to Tornado Shot for clear and single target. I have approx 5ex on LSC and I just don't know what the next step for the build is if i'm honest.
Hey Sarang, Im currently using this build and i gotta say i just love it, its so smooth and perfect :)

Tho i have a question because i was experimenting with ppad instead of pierce, since it said it had alittle bit more "dps" on the tooltip, but after alittle while i noticed that with the pierce it was alooot smoother clearing packs, aoe etc. Since they died alot faster and procced the herald of ice etc etc. So that was a really smooth choice.

Tho my question is, why not go for the 100% pierce? It's just 3 nodes. Or will it not make such a diffirence? im just asking this because a friend was like "50% is useless... Either go for 100% or nothing" etc.

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: Noticed it was actually 5 nodes, and probably another 2 to get there for a total of 7 nodes.
Tho i actually tried it for abit, im currently lvl 86 and only got 5 links and mostly run tier 9-10's. Tho i gotta say the aoe feels sooo insanely op atm, it's even smoother than when 50% pierce. it just destroys everything with tornado shot. It feels really good. I wanna hear your opinion about it tho :)
Last edited by PjompN on Apr 1, 2017, 12:50:57 PM
Well sorry for delay guys.

Finally 40/40 so gonna be testing a lot in Standard this weekend.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"

This topic seems to be quite popular. I believe that these concepts can also be translated to Elemental Bows. I will use Voltaxic Rift as an example. There are some major differences:

- We travel to the Shadow region instead of to the Scion Life Wheel, because we need the Intelligence to support Wrath (and potentially Herald of Thunder if you choose).

- We continue to use Pathfinder, but we take Master Herbalist in order to Poison. This makes Voltaxic still incredibly strong, because we get a free 7th Link in Poison. (Note: If we are using Windripper, we stay with Master Surgeon + Master Alchemist pathway).

- Taking Master Herbalist means we must drop either Master Surgeon or Master Alchemist. Both are very strong, and as a result we can adjust our Flasks to fit the situations. I personally prefer to keep Master Alchemist due to the elemental immunities.

- We do use Drillneck in this case, instead of a Rare Spike-Point Arrow Quiver, so we can scale Projectile Damage with Pierce Chance, and double-dip on the resulting Poison. The new Witchfire Brew is a must. (Note: For comfort, you can use a +1 Curse Amulet to overlap Assassin's Mark and Vulnerability from your Flask. It is not necessary, but nice).

- We can play with TS/Kaom's Heart, but we can also use a chest like Belly of the Beast to support an even stronger single-target Attack (Barrage). This also means Lightning Arrow is a possibility if you use Barrage as well.

I honestly think Windripper is not as strong these days, especially because builds like this are either higher or full Elemental Conversion, and can beat out Windripper in terms of damage fairly well. It may still have a niche for MF, but even if I own gear to support it, it doesn't seem as attractive.

Spoiler
Old Research Topic from Patch 2.0 (Personal Reference, no longer applicable on 2.4+): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1415823

Post always WIP.

I noticed something Odd:
How do you get all the Strength Required for Kaom's Heart?
Even with Passive Tree you arent capable of getting it (You're at least 30 below Req.)
Would be nice if you could Update the Passive Tree so we might understand how you get all the Strength ;)
Last edited by Radókan on Apr 5, 2017, 4:27:47 AM
Hello Sarang!
I wanna see this build in action(Shaper,Guardians etc.) at Standard or this league, without legacy equipment and flasks. Maybe with opus for low budget.
Last edited by Adixoo on Apr 5, 2017, 12:41:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info