How many Prophecy points do you think I could get?

"
1453R wrote:
Progress Report: Merciless Izaro shat upon :P

And everyone says Frost Blades is garbage...

You were awesome, got us through on the first try. And I stayed alive. Thanks so much for the help! :-)

22 challenges now complete.

PS: At least you got a chaos (was it chaos, heard my filter for high-level currency) out of it. I got one chaos and one prism, along with vendor trash.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 15, 2016, 11:03:00 PM
Yurp, chaos. Woulda been much more squee if it was an exalt :P. Still a nice tip for doing the run. Good luck, man.
"
Clear Unidentified Rare Maps (0/10)

Unsure if anyone hinted on that one, but these aren't as hard as they seem - the easiest way to get them is to sell rare IDENTIFIED maps which combine into rares you need. Needs some Wiki-googling to find out which ones you need.

Unless you get some very nasty mods, you should be able to clear those maps. :)

"
Defeat the Pale Council (0/4)

Is it the problem of getting fragments, or difficulty of the Council? You should get the full set for finishing the Prophecy chain challenge (or you can buy one).

"
Unseal the Endgame Labyrinth (0/6)

You should be able to find enough Trials by running maps on its own. Unless you hate them with passion, they aren't that hard to complete. :P If you are missing any particular one, and have hard time finding it, you can always try on /global 820.

If you want some help in form of maps to complete, I can hook you up with some rare/normal maps, so you can complete them on your own. Won't be taking away the challenge part from you (unless you want me to). :=)

Good luck!

"
PyleWarlord wrote:

almost 39/40 here (solo, some trading for challenges)

guess what is missing??

Spoiler
1050 Voll's or 100 Atziri's or 9 more twinned Colosseums

2 Twinned Colo maps + 4 other people with same maps = 20 Ambrius kills. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Aug 16, 2016, 1:55:14 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
Clear Unidentified Rare Maps (0/10)

Unsure if anyone hinted on that one, but these aren't as hard as they seem - the easiest way to get them is to sell rare IDENTIFIED maps which combine into rares you need. Needs some Wiki-googling to find out which ones you need.

Thanks. I think someone mentioned that somewhere in this thread. But regardless, my only question is: do the maps have to be the same name? Or can they just be the same tier?

Unless you get some very nasty mods, you should be able to clear those maps. :)

"
Perq wrote:
"
Defeat the Pale Council (0/4)

Is it the problem of getting fragments, or difficulty of the Council? You should get the full set for finishing the Prophecy chain challenge (or you can buy one).

I'm working on the Prophecy chains challenge, and have two fragments so far. The difficult part will be defeating the pale council in the end. But running out of time may be more detrimental.

"
Perq wrote:
"
Unseal the Endgame Labyrinth (0/6)

You should be able to find enough Trials by running maps on its own. Unless you hate them with passion, they aren't that hard to complete. :P If you are missing any particular one, and have hard time finding it, you can always try on /global 820.

If you want some help in form of maps to complete, I can hook you up with some rare/normal maps, so you can complete them on your own. Won't be taking away the challenge part from you (unless you want me to). :=)

Good luck!

Thanks! I appreciate that. And this too may be a time issue. If I ever get time for this one, I'll let you know. Right now I do run maps sometimes to clear out unwanted prophecies instead of wasting coins sealing them (specially the exiles in maps ones). So if I find other trials, I'll definitely run them because it's fun for me and fairly easy.
I updated my schedule and goals in the OP...

My Gaming Schedule

• 8/10: Complete, Level 75
  • 8/12: Complete, 4 Challenges (20)
  • 8/13: Complete
  • 8/14: Complete, 1 Challenge (21), Level 76
  • 8/15: Complete, 1 Challenge (22), Level 77
  • 8/17: evening, 4 hours: prophecy chains
  • 8/18: evening, 4 hours: master rep grind
  • 8/19: evening, 4 hours: maps and challenges
  • 8/20: daytime, 2 hours
  • 8/21: daytime, 2 hours
  • 8/22-26: evening, 3 hours this week
  • 8/27: 7am-5pm, 10 hours burn time: final rush
  • 8/28: 7am-5pm, 10 hours burn time: final rush

Any ways, that's until the end of the Prophecy league. My wife is works as an RN, so she has the swing shift, and she's on evening this week and next week, which means more gaming time for me. Even though I do miss her a lot since I do the regular work day with a desk job, this arrangement does leave my evenings open for gaming during her evening shifts.

Remaining Prophecy Challenges

Green: should be able to complete, an obtainable goal
Yellow: will take some work, might not get it done
Orange: most likely not, but still possible
Red: forget it, not going to happen for me

• Kill Merciless Rares
  • Currency from Vendor Recipes
  • Level a Gem to 20
  • Open a Unique strongbox
  • Fully Upgrade your Hideout (Level 6 & 7 masters)
  • Kill Merciless Izaro
  • Fulfill these Prophecy Types II
  • Kill these Beyond Demons (0/5)
  • Identify 50 Unique Items
  • Complete these Encounters III (3/6)
  • Kill these Merciless Act Bosses
  • Fulfill these Prophecy Chains (1/4)
  • Reach Level 90
  • Clear Unidentified Rare Maps (0/10)
  • Unseal the Endgame Labyrinth (1/6)
  • Kill these Map Bosses (0/9)
  • Kill Argus in the Endgame Labyrinth
  • Defeat the Pale Council (0/4)
  • Redeem Divination Card Sets (0/7)
  • Clear Twinned Maps (0/15)
  • Get Maps From Map Bosses (1/300)
  • Complete these Encounters IV (1/4)
  • Clear Maps with Eight Mods (0/10)
  • Complete Two Endgame Grinds (0/2)
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 16, 2016, 3:58:34 PM
"
Perq wrote:

Your memory is fading.... The prophecy chain challenge is specifically 4 of 8 chains, _none of which_ are the chains for the pale council keys.

But yeah, the pale council is easy peasy. Hell, if you supplied an inya's + volkuur's key, I'd take you in and kill them with you present :P

(note: this is a terrible deal, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're desperate)
"
"
Perq wrote:

Your memory is fading.... The prophecy chain challenge is specifically 4 of 8 chains, _none of which_ are the chains for the pale council keys.

I thought that sounded odd. Because I have two fragments, but only one prophecy chain for that challenge complete. I have the top-left and top-right fragments.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

It's curious that you would rate these two this way. The strongbox is ridiculously hard to find. Me and my friends have only found a suitable strongbox once throughout the entire league. I had already written it off as impossible when we chanced upon one.

The beyond demons on the other hand were not that difficult for me, though I didn't play a melee build. Have you actually encountered some of them and been defeated at their hands since you're so confident of your inability of completing the challenge?
"
databeaver wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

It's curious that you would rate these two this way. The strongbox is ridiculously hard to find. Me and my friends have only found a suitable strongbox once throughout the entire league. I had already written it off as impossible when we chanced upon one.

The beyond demons on the other hand were not that difficult for me, though I didn't play a melee build. Have you actually encountered some of them and been defeated at their hands since you're so confident of your inability of completing the challenge?

While I agree that the beyond demons are easy--you can just chain either beyond maps or Mysterious Invaders and the five not named Abaxoth are all common enough that you could finish in a couple of hours by being only slightly lucky--I think you're severely overstating the difficulty of finding unique strongboxes, possibly magnified by the fact that you apparently play in a party and parties don't get an "x% more strongboxes" mod. So you finding one in the party is statistically similar to each of you finding one solo if you had all been separately playing solo at a similar pace.

Personally, I've found 5 "qualifying" unique strongboxes this league and 2 unqualifying unprophesized unique strongboxes (and of course, two dozen of the unique strongbox that spawns from a prophecy and obviously doesn't qualify). Monstrous Treasure is nice for this. If you chain 10 of them you're bound to find a unique strongbox eventually.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 16, 2016, 2:11:28 PM
Whenever I've wanted to go Bameth hunting I actually just pay 5c for Domination on an Arid Lake and can usually get 2-3 bosses minimum. If you drag all the mobs to one spot wouldn't be surprised if you could spawm 4+
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 16, 2016, 3:43:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info