How many Prophecy points do you think I could get?

Greetings. I wanted to make a private, goal-oriented list for completing my own challenges in Prophecy. But after starting it, thought it might be fun to share that list and my progression, as well as getting some advice with it too. So while most of this post is a bunch of lists and my own thought-gathering that possibly no one else would really care about, it does serve a purpose of trying to get some help from those who enjoy dishing out advice. ;-) After all, I'm just one mind and one set of eyes, so I can easily overlook things.

I'm more of a casual PoE gamer due to my schedule. Don't get me wrong, though, as I enjoy the more hardcore content, but only when I can find the time to play it. I'd easily have been considered a hardcore gamer in my past, when I had scads of free time. Now I often have more time while stuck at work, waiting on something, than I do actual gaming time at home. This gives me a lot of time to post on the forums and create my plan of attack. I know, so sad, but the bills must be paid.

Objective

• Enjoy the rest of the Prophecy League (ie: fun to complete more challenges just for the sake of getting points).

• 22 to 28 points in Prophecy, or at least 19 for initial hideout Prophecy Totem. I don't care about the prophecy skins or pet, as I'm focused on getting the Prophecy Totem and growing it. I doubt I'd ever be able to get 30-something, but 20-something sounds obtainable.

Timeframe

Prohpecy league will end most likely on the 29th of August, correct? I'm happy GGG made the decision to roll Prophecy content into the standard league as well, so no real rush to find and complete all prophecies right now. I'm interested in just completing the challenges, and for that I have 19 days left from this post.

My Gaming Schedule

• 8/10: Complete, Level 75
  • 8/12: Complete, 4 Challenges (20)
  • 8/13: Complete
  • 8/14: Complete, 1 Challenge (21), Level 76
  • 8/15: Complete, 1 Challenge (22), Level 77
  • 8/17: Complete, Level 78
  • 8/18: Complete, 1 Challenge (23)
  • 8/19: Complete
  • 8/20: Complete, Level 79
  • 8/21: Complete
  • 8/22-26: Complete, 1 Challenge (24), Level 80-81
  • 8/27: Complete, 3 Challenges (27), Level 81
  • 8/28: Complete, 2 Challenges (29), Level 82

Any ways, that's until the end of the Prophecy league. My wife is works as an RN, so she has the swing shift, and she's on evening this week and next week, which means more gaming time for me. Even though I do miss her a lot since I do the regular work day with a desk job, this arrangement does leave my evenings open for gaming during her evening shifts.

Current Build

Trickster Claw CI/GR/ZO build. Lots of ES with leech and regen going to it.
Lots of condition remove & buffing flasks

It's not the most viable for leveling (much slower than my standard league build), but I wanted to try something completely different than what I was used to. It's fun, but took a lot of work to tweak and a lot of armor catch-up along the way. I don't think I'll run melee builds anymore, but it was fun to try it and I will continue to level and enjoy this build after Prophecy.

Gem Layout
(in order of importance)

• Reave
    Supported by: Multistrike, Melee Damage on Full Life, Melee Physical Damage, Concentrated Effect, Increased Critical Strike
    Purpose: Main attack. When I switch to a 5L Vaal Regalia from my 6L Tabula Rasa, I will drop critical strike. Crits won't be that high until after level 90-something, so worried more about sustained DPS than burst. My Vaal Regalia I'm working on would give me 8.5K or so ES. I had it crafted and ready to go except for the gem slot color. Need 3 reds, 1 green, and 1 blue, so that's tough for armor that rolls heavy on blues. Doing RNG only, since saving 300-something chromes and then not having a guaranteed chance of getting the green along with 3 red isn't what I'd want to gamble with. Each chrome roll is a much better gamble.

• Discipline & Haste (changing Haste to Vitality later for ES regen)
    Supported by: Enlighten (don't have yet) and Empower (leveling off-weapon)
    Purpose: Discipline for ES and Vitality for ES Regen, Haste for more DPS at the moment.

• Phase Run
    Supported by: Faster Casting
    Purpose: Escape plan and pack avoidance when needed. CI builds have to flee quite a bit until end-game ES stats can be achieved.

• (2x) Vaal Discipline
    Supported by: Increased Duration
    Purpose: bosses and general panic button.

• Molten Shell
    Supported by: Chance to Ignite, Increased Burning Damage, and Concentrated Effect.
    Purpose: Burst DPS and DoT for bosses, temporary armor to help reduce stun lock, heavy-hit indication. Have this up with Blade Vortex before going into combat.

• Blade Vortex
    Supported by: Culling Strike, Item Rarity, Increased Area of Effect (may swap to Increased Duration later, and when going to standard swap to Item Quantity)
    Purpose: Great for breakables, and always up before attacking, good for boss drops

• Portal
    Supported by: Faster Casting
    Purpose: saves space for carrying portal scrolls, but also nice not to waste them. More importantly, I don't worry about throwing up a portal to rest flasks for free (obviously not that helpful in maps with limited portals back in).
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 28, 2016, 8:12:41 PM
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2016, 9:47:39 AM
Bloodline grinding: roll some lowbie T4-7 maps with the "of Bloodlines" modifier. Pretty easy to alt/aug, generates 25% more magic monsters on the map and guarantees that all of them are Bloodline blues. Frankly, one or two Bloodlines maps will probably round out that part of the challenge. it's the "Touch 200 Shrines" part that bogged me for a while. been playing Prophecy reasonably hard the whole way through (for a working stiff. You explicitly get it :P), and still 'bout five shrines off of completing that one.

Another easy point is the "Kill Map Bosses". Most of the maps for it are low-tier things you can pick up for peanuts on trading sites/from Zana. The biggest one is finding/buying a Malformation map, but I did the rest pretty much by accident simply running maps. Check PoE Wiki for the boss names on that list, see which maps they spawn in, find those maps, kill those goons. Simple point you could conceivably do in one four-hour stretch, once you get a mapping-worthy loadout going.
"
1453R wrote:
Bloodline grinding: roll some lowbie T4-7 maps with the "of Bloodlines" modifier. Pretty easy to alt/aug, generates 25% more magic monsters on the map and guarantees that all of them are Bloodline blues. Frankly, one or two Bloodlines maps will probably round out that part of the challenge.

Awesome, great suggestion, thanks!

"
1453R wrote:
it's the "Touch 200 Shrines" part that bogged me for a while. been playing Prophecy reasonably hard the whole way through (for a working stiff. You explicitly get it :P), and still 'bout five shrines off of completing that one.

Yeah, I'm worried a little about that one, but I know I can go Albino-Feather-gind-like on it if needed. It's just the RNG can be a royal PITA sometimes.

"
1453R wrote:
Another easy point is the "Kill Map Bosses". Most of the maps for it are low-tier things you can pick up for peanuts on trading sites/from Zana. The biggest one is finding/buying a Malformation map, but I did the rest pretty much by accident simply running maps. Check PoE Wiki for the boss names on that list, see which maps they spawn in, find those maps, kill those goons. Simple point you could conceivably do in one four-hour stretch, once you get a mapping-worthy loadout going.

Awesome! Changing that one to a yellow then. Great advice, thanks! :-D
Assuming there are still some active people playing, go to /global 820 and you'll get all the trials for the uber lab really quickly (like, under an hour of joining random groups). Kill Argus in end game lab is also easy, you'll get offerings by doing the trials, find someone in 820 that runs the Uber Lab using your offerings. Will take 10 minutes and you'll get 2 ascendancy points.

For unidentified rare maps, what I did was sell 3 rare maps into the higher tier. You can check which maps become what, and just alch them and vendor them. Only T1 maps have to be found rare, or alch it and use a vaal orb (can turn it unIDed).

Honestly I'm a pretty casual player and when I saw the list initially, I figured I could do 18, maybe 22 tops if I tried real hard. But it's not as bad as many of them look. I only needed help for Twinned T14/T15 to get my 36th.
Just checked my ES, I have 5.9K right now with Discipline up, thus going well!

"
Namcap wrote:
go to /global 820 and you'll get all the trials for the uber lab really quickly (like, under an hour of joining random groups). Kill Argus in end game lab is also easy, you'll get offerings by doing the trials, find someone in 820 that runs the Uber Lab using your offerings. Will take 10 minutes and you'll get 2 ascendancy points.

I didn't know there was an informal channel for that. Thanks! I found a nice write up on Reddit for that: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2f1iig/global_820_etiquette_masters_farming_chat/

Might take a little while to get the offerings though.

"
Namcap wrote:
For unidentified rare maps, what I did was sell 3 rare maps into the higher tier. You can check which maps become what, and just alch them and vendor them. Only T1 maps have to be found rare, or alch it and use a vaal orb (can turn it unIDed).

Good stuff, thanks.

"
Namcap wrote:
Honestly I'm a pretty casual player and when I saw the list initially, I figured I could do 18, maybe 22 tops if I tried real hard. But it's not as bad as many of them look. I only needed help for Twinned T14/T15 to get my 36th.

Yeah, ditto. Good to know there are some strategies to reduce the grind.
Progress from 8/10/2016

• Reached level 75.

• Touched many more shrines. Got lucky while leveling.

• Added Warrior's Blood passive skill (1.8% regen, 20% increased stun threshold)

• Defeated Koam. Was able to face tank him, constant melee, popped flasks and both Vaal Disciplines.

• Defeated Daresso. Died a few times since no XP on bar and speeding through battle, nice to reset flasks each time.

• Completed both levels of Belly of the Beast and defeated Piety. Died a few times as well, as I let the battle progress into too much spawn/zerg.

• Unlocked the waypoint in the Harvest, defeated Shavronne while I was there since my Unbearable Whispers III popped. Defeating the book she spawned at death was fairly easy. Didn't bother with other bosses since it will be reset anyways when I log in the next day. Called it a night at this point.

Decent progress that night, but didn't finish up Malachai as planned. Will do that on Friday.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 11, 2016, 11:15:34 AM
If you're impatient about shrines then you can just run zana domination maps. Super trivial, free shrines.

To me, the only two that seem really hard to do in 3 weeks are "get maps from bosses" (which, if you want you can buy and chain caer blaidd, but that's annoying) and "complete endgame grinds". Everything else is super easy to do through global 820. I had 36/40 in under 1 month.

My two left are "get maps from bosses" (260/300) and "complete divination card sets" (5/7) but the last one would cost me like 50c to finish whenever I want to.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 11, 2016, 12:21:58 PM
"
If you're impatient about shrines then you can just run zana domination maps. Super trivial, free shrines.

Thanks, good advice! :-)

"
To me, the only two that seem really hard to do in 3 weeks are "get maps from bosses" (which, if you want you can buy and chain caer blaidd, but that's annoying) and "complete endgame grinds". Everything else is super easy to do through global 820. I had 36/40 in under 1 month.

I can always use the encouragement. Thanks!
About Shrines: I don't know if it's just confirmation bias, but Labyrinth seems to be chock full of Shrines every time I go in there. If you're a cheap-o and enjoy running lab as I do, you can just spam Merc Sarn Lab for shrines. Some other people agree shrine rate in lab seems higher. If you get lucky with helm enchants you might be able to make some profit too.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I also see a decent amount of shrines in Lab, but unless you like lab, running Domination maps is probably a better idea. Or spam fast areas likes Solaris 1 and 2 and run.

Pale Council should be a fairly easy fight. Just get amethyst flask of curing and topaz flask of grounding. Experimenters prefix is nice, but not necessary.

I did mine SSF, so if you use global 820, pretty sure you should have little trouble.
Last edited by FarmerTed on Aug 11, 2016, 3:52:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info