Ghostbusting/Vaacum farming and disconnects

What has happend during the last 2-3 weeks to the servers, that has lead to me having disconnects in every other map?

Is it the russian migration?
New server software?

It always seem to happen when either i try to get out of the group i ghosted, its not unsual to have map crashes every now and then, but not every map! or near every map.

Anyone else having problems like this?

So i like ghostbusting, its fun for me to do this way of farming.
Ive done it off and on since the gloves made it possible.

But somthing happend 3 weeks or so ago that lead to these server crashes.

Ive got an ok rig, i5 processor with 12 gig ram and a geforce 970gtx. But since its always the map that crashes it would seem wierd if it would my pc that does it.

Have you(GGG) changed something so Ghostbusting/vaccum farming cant be done?
Last edited by poa82 on Aug 2, 2016, 6:42:12 AM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2016, 8:32:40 AM
The russian migration starts at the end of this month. Definitely shouldn't affect anything now.

There was a patch within the last two weeks, 2.3.2, which did have both client and server changes that could theoretically be an issue. However, these changes have not affected me literally at all.

The most likely issue is that the realm you default to playing on is having hiccups. Try playing on a different nearby realm until you think the problem is resolved. You'll get worse ping but if the disconnects go away, maybe it'll be worth it.

If the disconnects continue on a different realm, it's either a problem with your ISP or computer.

Either that, or you just weren't clustering tightly enough while ghostbusting before 2~3 weeks ago; these disconnects are something I've heard of for over a year by people who ghostbust efficiently.

Does the map not even let you back in after the disconnect? Or is the issue just that you get disconnected and have to use another portal to get in? If the former, I'd say report an actual bug. If the latter, all of what I said seems relevant.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 2, 2016, 7:50:45 AM
the map portals either dissapears or it says server error disconected from server, and i cant enter the portals

ive tried frankfurt paris and london atm tried washington to but got discnonnected... should i try to reinstall the game?

my isp connection is 100/100 mbit just meassured it

just did a map and first in like 10 maps that didnt disconnect
Last edited by poa82 on Aug 2, 2016, 8:11:11 AM
There could be something happening at your ISP that causes instability or latency spikes. Connection speed is irrelevant

use WinMTR to know for sure where the problem is happening
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
poa82 wrote:
the map portals either dissapears or it says server error disconected from server, and i cant enter the portals

ive tried frankfurt paris and london atm tried washington to but got discnonnected... should i try to reinstall the game?

No, if you can't even enter the portals, your initial hypothesis was correct--this is definitely a GGG server-side issue, nothing to do with your ISP or game client.

Submit a bug report? If GGG responds with "well yeah now you can't gather that many monsters in one place or we close the instance" then I guess they nerfed ghostbusting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info