Curse questions

I would like to add to the blasphemy enfeeble discussion that enfeeble synergies greatly with Armour, making it great for typical melee character. lower physical hit damage you are facing also means much greater effectiveness of phys damage reduction coming from Armour formula.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
I would like to add to the blasphemy enfeeble discussion that enfeeble synergies greatly with Armour, making it great for typical melee character. lower physical hit damage you are facing also means much greater effectiveness of phys damage reduction coming from Armour formula.

Not just that, but it has more properties than Temporal Chains. Lower enemy accuracy, crit chance, crit multiplier, and more.

Overall, Enfeeble will usually win unless your build makes use of other factors.
Looking at the raw amount of properties is a little deceptive though, because TC has one property that does all of the following:
Reduce movement speed
Reduce attack/cast speed
Increase buff/debuff duration
Increase status ailment duration
Increase block/stun recovery time

(note: not Increases/Reductions as the mechanical term, but the practical term)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Looking at the raw amount of properties is a little deceptive though, because TC has one property that does all of the following:
Reduce movement speed
Reduce attack/cast speed
Increase buff/debuff duration
Increase status ailment duration
Increase block/stun recovery time

(note: not Increases/Reductions as the mechanical term, but the practical term)

That's why I worded it as I did.

Enfeeble will win unless you make use of other mechanics. It's main advantage is lowering enemy attack DPS much more than it's "less" modifier and lowering crit chance and damage by double dipping (less damage and lower crit multi).

But if you freeze enemies, Enfeeble will do almost nothing compared to Temporal Chains and Proliferation.
"
Natharias wrote:
I personally use Windscream on each and every character with the same exact setup.

Level one CWDT with level five versions of Enfeeble and Temporal Chains. This alone lowers enemy DPS by 40%.

The fourth socket can be used for anything, like an Offering spell, to clear up corpses to help deal with enemies and strongboxes that like to use those corpses.

If you have extra room, try plugging in CWDT + Arctic Breath + GMP + Chain. This is a guaranteed 30% slow on all enemies. Combine this with Enfeeble AND Temporal Chains and enemies deal considerably less DPS.

That's pretty clever. I wish I had socket room for that on most of my chars, but they're usually taken up by other things.

I should double check my socket setups to see if I can add anything like that.

(Of course, on some of my characters, I'm more obsessed with looking cool than min max, so I might want to skip out on that Arctic Breath deal just because ice can look tacky with a Fire, Lightning, Physical, or Chaos focused character. Some people like shooting rainbows out their bum, but sometimes I'd like to look a little more dignified!)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
If you don't have cwdt ab, this also works well against nearby targets:

With curse effect temp chains and enfeeble, and that flask, you can pretty much tank any boss.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 2, 2016, 6:24:12 PM
"
adghar wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
I personally use Windscream on each and every character with the same exact setup.

Level one CWDT with level five versions of Enfeeble and Temporal Chains. This alone lowers enemy DPS by 40%.

The fourth socket can be used for anything, like an Offering spell, to clear up corpses to help deal with enemies and strongboxes that like to use those corpses.

If you have extra room, try plugging in CWDT + Arctic Breath + GMP + Chain. This is a guaranteed 30% slow on all enemies. Combine this with Enfeeble AND Temporal Chains and enemies deal considerably less DPS.

That's pretty clever. I wish I had socket room for that on most of my chars, but they're usually taken up by other things.

I should double check my socket setups to see if I can add anything like that.

(Of course, on some of my characters, I'm more obsessed with looking cool than min max, so I might want to skip out on that Arctic Breath deal just because ice can look tacky with a Fire, Lightning, Physical, or Chaos focused character. Some people like shooting rainbows out their bum, but sometimes I'd like to look a little more dignified!)

Yeah, when you're poor you make what you have work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info