Molten Strike on 2H, Gem Setup ?

Never bothered to use Molten Strike but since i got this i figured i might as well use it as my single target.

Whats the best 6L Setup for it on a 2H Physical build with Iron Will ?

Right now i have Molten Strike > Multistrike > Faster Attacks > Added Fire > WED > Melee Physical.

I know melee physical doesnt affect the projectiles, is it worth putting in concentrated effect or something else over it ?
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 1, 2016, 4:19:14 AM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2016, 10:42:48 AM
Molten Strike + GMP/LMP + Multistrike + WED + Concentrated Effect + :
- Life Gain on Hit if you need some tankiness
- Point Blank for really solid damage if you don't have it allocated in passive tree.This one can be swapped with Concentrated Effect or WED.Or GMP/LMP,which is mostly for cooperation with Life on Hit.
- Fire Penetration if you don't need two above
Last edited by MasterBLB on Aug 1, 2016, 5:42:31 AM
Don't use gmp/lmp. Melee phys is fine, since for single target you are likely to be hitting the target in melee range, esp with molten strike. Keep it as it is, though replacing FA might be a good idea. Conc effect sounds good.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
GMP is normally pretty awesome with 72% more area damage, however those extra projectiles on helm reduce the relative gain form GMP to just 23% more. Not worth it anymore, use PPAD instead.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hmm, i see. i took the point blank node since it was only 4 points from the leech nodes on duelist i took, 4 points seemed like an okay trade.

Right now im doing Molten Stikre > WED > Added Fire > Conc > Multi Strike > Faster attacks. Not sure how i feel about it. I was going to try it on uber izaro to see what kind of numbers im pulling vs cyclone soo once the lab changes ill test it. Two golden doors in todays layout soo im waiting for reset.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Hmm, i see. i took the point blank node since it was only 4 points from the leech nodes on duelist i took, 4 points seemed like an okay trade.

Right now im doing Molten Stikre > WED > Added Fire > Conc > Multi Strike > Faster attacks. Not sure how i feel about it. I was going to try it on uber izaro to see what kind of numbers im pulling vs cyclone soo once the lab changes ill test it. Two golden doors in todays layout soo im waiting for reset.

No reason PB should be worth ten points. It's purely beneficial with MS before AOE increases.
"
Natharias wrote:
No reason PB should be worth ten points. It's purely beneficial with MS before AOE increases.

Most likely no, PB formula was changed in ascendancy but, unfortunately, I have no idea what it looks like now except that it's an improvement, we should probably ask Mark for details.

Even with the old formula it was 43% more damage on average with default radius, with 50% increased radius it would fall off to 33% more which is still substantial. With Molten strike builds I'd always trade single target damage for better clear speed.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Ah okay, i see what you guys are saying. Soo since im slayer and have AOE increased, in addition to the ones on the tree, its more likely that point blank isnt more damage in this scenario anymore then.

Soo should i just spec out, grab back gem nodes, leave the setup as is and test it that way ? I think the setup should be good but i am considering seeing about swapping out faster attacks with PPAD, ill have to see how it feels on bosses. Izaro reset, gonna take a break and then test it out a bit later if the layout is good.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 1, 2016, 10:08:52 PM
Okay soo this is interesting. I noticed a few things.

Seems to be super good as the current setup IF i pull the target to a wall, it seemed to be quicker than Cyclone on Argus. It seemed to be roughly the same as cyclone though on Izaro, possibly because Izaros resists are higher than Argus'

Im going to try PPAD instead of Faster Attacks this time. I did notice its alot meatier hits on Voll as a quick test, onto uber izaro again and argus. Also going to try it with a Ancestor totem which is essentially faster attacks on a separate skill, it gives slightly less attack speed than a 20/23 FA in my setup apparently soo it should be interesting to see how PPAD fairs.

Gear for reference.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 2, 2016, 12:42:15 AM
Hmm soo im using the same setup with point blank and im noticing, without ancestor protector its on par with faster attacks when using PPAD, with ancestor protector itself definitely better.

Problem is totem has horrible survivability and requires casting haha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info