Occultist builds for a novice

Interesting. I am more used to traditional MMORPGs so the whole taking gear prices into consideration is a new concept to me.

I read that your character just moves to Standard league if you die on Hardcore so I see no reason not to start on Hardcore. Am I wrong?
"
Waret wrote:

I read that your character just moves to Standard league if you die on Hardcore so I see no reason not to start on Hardcore. Am I wrong?

You lose access to your Hardcore stash (and the Hardcore economy, not sure how much you'd care about that as of yet).

The stash is shared between all characters of each league of each account. Standard/Hardcore stashes are separate.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:

You lose access to your Hardcore stash (and the Hardcore economy, not sure how much you'd care about that as of yet).

If you really need to move something from your Hardcore stash to Standard, can't you just make a new Hardcore character, place needed items in their inventory and die?
"
Waret wrote:
If you really need to move something from your Hardcore stash to Standard, can't you just make a new Hardcore character, place needed items in their inventory and die?

Sure, that's how we got items from current temporary league in standard, players die in prophecy HC and carry them over.

Anyway, you can start in HC of course, but if you plan on continuing in standard after you die there's no point, you can just play standard from the start, say 'right, this is how far I got' when you first die and save yourself the hassle.

Speaking of which, I also recommend starting in prophecy temporary league, there's a month left in it and it's still a lot livelier than permanent ones, it's easier to get items and there are some nice exclusive ones you can get cheaply, they might be hard or impossible to get later on.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:

Speaking of which, I also recommend starting in prophecy temporary league, there's a month left in it and it's still a lot livelier than permanent ones, it's easier to get items and there are some nice exclusive ones you can get cheaply, they might be hard or impossible to get later on.

Yes, I am planning starting in Prophecy. Being a noob and a very casual player I think it won't make much difference though. I am not likely to play more than 20-30 hours in a month.
Last edited by Waret on Aug 1, 2016, 3:43:57 PM
Why is the topic title about Occultists but the thread content all about templars...?
"
Why is the topic title about Occultists but the thread content all about templars...?

The title was changed; look at the last two posts on page 1 :)
If you are/want to play as an Occultist like you indicate in the title and are new to the game I strongly suggest dual Chaos Flame Totem. All of your damage comes purely from the level of gems, gearing is super easy as 2x Consuming Dark daggers + Infernal Mantle will cost you 5-10c at most and that covers pretty much all the requirements for the build to work. Rest of the equipment slots are free to give you more life/ES/resists/whatever else you need. And being totem build this is one of the safest playstyle.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"

The title was changed; look at the last two posts on page 1 :)

Yes, raics convinced me that Witch is better than Templar for a first character. So I switched the title.

"
borek664 wrote:
If you are/want to play as an Occultist like you indicate in the title and are new to the game I strongly suggest dual Chaos Flame Totem.

Is there a good guide on that?

BTW Thanks guys. You are helpful. I like the community so far.
Last edited by Waret on Aug 1, 2016, 4:39:02 PM
"
Waret wrote:
"
borek664 wrote:
If you are/want to play as an Occultist like you indicate in the title and are new to the game I strongly suggest dual Chaos Flame Totem.

Is there a good guide on that?

BTW Thanks guys. You are helpful. I like the community so far.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1405905

I personally went with dual wielding Consuming Dark and was pretty much okay. If you decide for more defensive dagger + shield combo just remember you'll have less conversion which means more of the damage from totems will be naturally resisted by uniques/rares.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info