Hillary Clinton

"
Can anyone tell me why Hillary Clinton isnt in prison after all the illegal things she has done?

Backroom deals. This was a story told by someone as an anecdote today on ESPN (don't ask why it's so off-topic of sports >.>) it's about a man and his son who go to his son's college orientation. The freshman class is 1,500, and the man and his son get invited to a dinner with the university president. Only 40 of the freshman were invited. The president says:

"
"Let me get right to it. Here's why you're here. You're rich."

As nervous laughter goes around, the president continues, smiling but serious. He's not kidding.

"Why do you think you guys are sitting here eating filet mignon and drinking champagne while everyone else is at a cookout? I've got an endowment to raise and I want your money. You see how beautiful the campus is? All the new buildings going up? How do you think that happens? Rich parents."

He continues. "I've got buildings to build. Improvements to make. You want your kid to live in a dump? You want your kid to be safe? Because that costs money." And as all the parents are thinking about this, the president goes for the kill.

"So here's the deal. If you donate and your kid screws up, we'll look the other way. If you don't and your kid screws up, he or she will go into the system like everyone else and you take your chances."

This is the politics of money. It just so happens to be at a 'small potatoes' level of corruption. This is the kind of stuff that happens in Washington ALL THE TIME. Not sure if you follow American politics (I'm guessing you don't given your question)... Hillary's husband Bill met with our Attorney General (Loretta Lynch) just days before the FBI released their investigation summary. A deal was surely struck.

Why aren't her political opponents doing anything about it? That's complicated. In some ways, they are (kind of a long story). One reason they aren't doing more is because they've screwed themselves a bit. You know the story of the boy who cried wolf? If not google it, I'll wait....ok back to explaining. The republicans have cried wolf on the Clintons hundreds of times over the past 40 years. Granted, they deserved it at least 10-20 of those times, but it has still led to this impression in the independent/Democratic public that the Republicans just make stuff up about them all the time.

That matters, because if it weren't the case, people would actually believe them this time had they chosen to go into full outrage mode. Clinton and Lynch may both have been railroaded out of their positions over it. But instead there's always this assumption that the truth is somewhere in between whatever scummy thing the Clintons have done, and whatever the Republicans are alleging.

I would add on as another factor: the American populace are too busy selling drugs, using drugs, and jerking off instead of caring about politics and impeaching/recalling the bad politicians. When voting is fully integrated with online/phone technology and everyone can vote with a swipe, this may (hopefully will -_-) change.

tldr: power, money, deal making, incompetent political opponents, lazy and uninformed public
"
bwam wrote:
Here's why Bosnia is such an issue to me. Hillary Clinton was caught, clearly, in a lie. And she continued to lie once the truth was unearthed. This was a clear-cut call; there was video, showing that her testimony was false.

The problem isn't that Hillary Clinton lies. It's that her millions of supporters don't care. Given what we know about these two candidates, every single person should be voting third party or writing in a candidate or staying home.

"
bwam wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
@OP - I noticed you put Hillary and "accomplishments" in the same sentence. Could you list a few of her accomplishments that aren't 'getting elected to office' or 'voted for someone else's bill'? Her health care initiative as first lady didn't pass despite dems holding both houses of congress, and her husband being the goddamn president. She introduced next to no legislation of her own while in the Senate, and spent her time as Sec. St. destabilizing the world while profiting immensely via the CGI/Clinton Foundation.

Did you have any particular accomplishments in mind?

"Management of the State Department during which time we saw a 50 percent increase in exports to China, aggressive work on climate (particularly at Copenhagen), and the effort to create and implement the toughest sanctions ever on Iran—helping to lead us to the agreement currently on the table." (Link)

So the first one is terribly unimpressive - I'd wager a lot that every sec state in history has had at least one country they could say the same about (perhaps excluding Stimson).

The second is a nice gesture, but it's not much of an accomplishment since there is 0 accountability for countries that don't meet their pledges. I'd rather have my Sec St saying the right things about climate change than not, so I could give partial credit for this - but still less than half credit. At the end of the day if countries cut emissions it's because they want to be responsible, not because Hillary told them to.

I'm not an expert on Iranian sanctions, but from what I see, the two major Iranian sanctions came in 1996 (before Hillary as Sec St) and again in 2010. Both of those sanctions were drafted and passed by Congress, not the Sec St. I read the part of the article related to this...It's just Howard Dean (lol) making the claim that she authored the sanctions. Maybe she did or didn't but I can't find it. I did however find a British academic who basically said that Hillary taking credit for bringing Iran to the table is complete BS.

http://lobelog.com/hillary-clintons-aggressive-approach-to-iran/

P.S. did you read the politico piece you linked? The first 4 paragraphs are about how Hillary herself, when asked, couldn't give an answer for what her biggest accomplishments are (were). So funny.

Just to cherry pick one of the actual responses (I'll take Chuck Shumer's - another joke of a politician) to respond to:

"
Hillary Clinton was instrumental in helping secure $21 billion in federal aid to help New York rebuild after 9/11.

Literally the entire country was ready and willing to give money to New York after 9/11. Charles Manson could have led this effort from prison and this would have been 'accomplished'.

"
She fought tooth and nail to protect the first responders who rushed into danger when the towers collapsed and was pivotal in the passage of legislation that helped those first responders who got sick get the care and treatment they deserved.

See above.

"
As Secretary of State, Secretary Clinton was not only inspirational figure for billions of women around the globe

read: "she has a vagina!" Thank you Chuck 'master of identity politics' Shumer.

"
she also did much to restore the shattered credibility of the United States, which had lost so much influence following the failed foreign policies of the previous administration

Totally subjective opinion, totally what every partisan politician says about their own party politicians vis a vis the other party.

"
She negotiated the cease-fire in Gaza that stopped the Hamas from firing rocket after rocket into Israel.

Mmmmm. Maybe. Credit for trying, but I think everyone here can take a reasonable guess at how long that cease-fire lasted (pro tip: measure in days, not weeks).

"
She helped secure the START treaty’s ratification

Too lazy to fact check this. Sure. Give her credit. I don't even know what that treaty is.

"
and has advanced women’s rights in countries around the globe

Yeah she says a lot about women's rights in African countries while she props up their ruthless murderous dictators that take the billions the country makes from their national resources and uses that money to help the impoverished women of their countries puts it all in Swiss bank accounts for personal use.

--

So Schumer tried really hard, and batted like .200, and even that score is debatable. The fact is, for 20 years of national public service, her accomplishments are a joke. Full disclosure, I did skip a couple of things Schumer said that would have been very debatable because they used super murky language like 'Hillary led the charge on bill X'.
"
innervation wrote:
"
bwam wrote:
Here's why Bosnia is such an issue to me. Hillary Clinton was caught, clearly, in a lie. And she continued to lie once the truth was unearthed. This was a clear-cut call; there was video, showing that her testimony was false.

The problem isn't that Hillary Clinton lies. It's that her millions of supporters don't care. Given what we know about these two candidates, every single person should be voting third party or writing in a candidate or staying home.

And that's why a vote for Hillary Clinton (the Liar Hawk) makes you complicit in her malfeasance. But yeah, we're in agreement.

That said, I'd like to point out that you could equally say, "Donald Trump's buffoonery isn't the problem; it's his millions of supporters' apathy towards his buffoonery that is the problem."

But that's why it's worthwhile to discuss in the first place, right?

"
innervation wrote:
"
Hillary Clinton was instrumental in helping secure $21 billion in federal aid to help New York rebuild after 9/11.

Literally the entire country was ready and willing to give money to New York after 9/11. Charles Manson could have led this effort from prison and this would have been 'accomplished'.

Hahaha. True. I appreciate you taking the time to cherrypick and respond to some of the "achievements" listed in the article (and no, you were right; I, shamefully, didn't fully read it).
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on Jul 29, 2016, 9:35:36 AM
You basically got a choice between the halfwit or the whore.

Oak for President!
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Oak for President!

If she ends up cheating on Bill during her term im satisfied.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Oak for President!

Two words: Huma. Abedin. =~[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Can anyone tell me why Hillary Clinton isnt in prison after all the illegal things she has done?

Prison is for little people. Too big to fail has become too big to jail. A bunch of friends are planning on writing in Bernie just to send Hillary and the DNS a message. It won't be enough to alter the election, but the message needs to be sent nonetheless.

Hmm, wondering if Google has switched sides, when I searched for a recent picture of Bill to see how he is faring with the campaign, Google showed me these two pictures side by side:

Stronger together indeed!
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jul 30, 2016, 11:08:32 AM
As I said many times, the worst of her is her foreign policy (Honduras, Lybia, and so on). The money thing is fuzzy, but probably true too. If she is elected, it's likely US will be more agressive and the death toll higher. She is like Lyndon Johnson 2.0.

Still, the alternative (Trump) is worse.

If third parties were viable (and they aren't, the First Past The Post voting system is widely known to be flawed), Johnson could be an option (although it's obvious he has drank from the small government kool aid, his AMA in Reddit show that he is the kind of guy that would say to someone with mental illnesses to get fucked because small government).

"

A lot of that stuff was inflated by Republicans (Benghazi comes to mind, they wasted money and even wishing to incriminate her they failed to do it). The mail thing is legitimate, but it was more worthy of firing her, denying the presidency more than jail.

I'm not sure about the rest (is there more to it?). Not really a good candidate, but that's more on her bloody foreign policy record than all the crime that people try to stick to her.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jul 30, 2016, 3:16:22 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Oak for President!

Two words: Huma. Abedin. =~[.]^=

HOT!!!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jul 31, 2016, 3:43:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info