Show of hands for PoE 2 after act 5

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
No, no. Not a Pledge of Hands, A Show of Hands.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
The only reason they need to at least start thinking about a realistic plan to move on from PoE is the in house engine it uses. If PoE used a modern engine it wouldn't be necessary at all.
calm down youngsters..
We are still in beta.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
No reason at all for PoE 2. But they should get the game in to "self-stustaining" mode after act V. They should have 6 or so rotating 13 week leagues. Just rotate them... no need to re-invent a new game every quarter. Just let us play.

Then work on another game all together. Let those that enjoy PoE play it. Yay! Let those that want a new game play that! Yay! Win-win!

We don't need PoE2.

So d1 didn't need a d2 because we could just play d1? Interesting.

Computers were evolving at an astronomical rate. The computers that ran D1 weren't even in the same league as the ones D2 was made for. Now? Not so much. A ten year old computer today isn't a total brick. Back in the 90s? You had to be there.

I was and id say that's categorically false. Technology is advancing at a faster rate than it ever has. Hardware and software both included. PoE already looked kind of old when it came out, it's not looking any younger as the years go by. As others have pointed out a new engine could do wonders.

heh, funny I played both d1 and d2 on the same rig.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 29, 2016, 2:58:59 AM
10 acts and a sequel, that's the ggg plan.
Second-class poe gamer
nope
licensing the game engine versus making your own? if you got capable guys i would always go with the first option:

- no other companies can sabotage your business by increasing the license fees per customer or withdrawing the license at a certain point of time for various reasons

- bugs you discover in the engine can be fixed by you instead of having to wait / pay for fixes of the original distributor

- you got crazy ideas about "wanna have" mechanics that mainstream games (and so their engines) don't support? implement it yourself rather than paying the original distributor to do it

- having your own engine is showing potential supporters that you're a company which got competence and know how and is worth some long time support

downside is: your systems requirements are pretty high for users wanting to play on average settings, poe inofficially needs a i7/gforce780GTX to run properly, other engines start much lower...

---

poe 2? if they don't blast out new content to keep player retention high, revenue will drop to levels which doesn't allow paying some 80+ employees. unlikely the small hard core fan base can cover them up for the 3 years+ needed for a new game.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 29, 2016, 5:56:49 AM
Well, DX11 and multithreading meant to be the PoE2 doesn't it?

IMO, what they need is not a new engine but a man power to upgrade the graphics on current engine.
"
Heli0nix wrote:

snip...

Lots of great stuff in your post, however Chris himself has said that their engine limits them and if other engines would have been cheaper/more available when they started the game they would have most certainly used them over making their own.

However, I'm not against them making their own engine again. Learn from their current engine and rebuild it to be better, and like you said this gives them all the flexibility they need because it's their own engine.

Story wise I think it would be cool to play in another part of Wraeclast history possibly a few hundred years before or after the current story.
S L O W E R
"
vio wrote:

- no other companies can sabotage your business by increasing the license fees per customer or withdrawing the license at a certain point of time for various reasons

You can always sabotage your own company. Look no further than Square Enix and the damage building the Crystal Tools engine did to them. It almost bankrupt the company and put a serious dent in their reputation as a developer. They are only holding on these days because they moved into publishing.

S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info