"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Durentis wrote:
You are currently playing PoE 2.
It's significantly unlike PoE 1.
Aren't you satisfied with PoE 2?
POE has gone downhill since 2.0

You are just standing upside down on your head.
No reason at all for PoE 2. But they should get the game in to "self-stustaining" mode after act V. They should have 6 or so rotating 13 week leagues. Just rotate them... no need to re-invent a new game every quarter. Just let us play.

Then work on another game all together. Let those that enjoy PoE play it. Yay! Let those that want a new game play that! Yay! Win-win!

We don't need PoE2.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
No reason at all for PoE 2. But they should get the game in to "self-stustaining" mode after act V. They should have 6 or so rotating 13 week leagues. Just rotate them... no need to re-invent a new game every quarter. Just let us play.

Then work on another game all together. Let those that enjoy PoE play it. Yay! Let those that want a new game play that! Yay! Win-win!

We don't need PoE2.

So d1 didn't need a d2 because we could just play d1? Interesting.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 28, 2016, 6:57:21 PM
errr... PoE I isn't "ready" until act10.
d:-D*
Fuck no. PoE 1 for lyfe
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

We don't need PoE2.

So d1 didn't need a d2 because we could just play d1? Interesting.

Computers were evolving at an astronomical rate. The computers that ran D1 weren't even in the same league as the ones D2 was made for. Now? Not so much. A ten year old computer today isn't a total brick. Back in the 90s? You had to be there.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
POE3 is coming out 2Q2017.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
New story, new playable characters, better engine, mostly better engine. So many possibilities for PoE 2
S L O W E R
"
New story, new playable characters, better engine, mostly better engine. So many possibilities for PoE 2

New story:

I can see where you come from but it's not that simple :)
Story is .. ignored by the masse. that's the thing. Most of players don't give a shit about it and it's really sad cause the work that has been put here is really nice !

New playable characters:

Already possible to add more like it has been the case for scion. Not sure it's the interest of PoE to see more actualy regarding balancing issues ( wich are not that dramatic atm honestly there has been some really worse period than this one ).

Better engine:

Long toughts and explanations:

What can look better to you doesn't mean it's better at the end :)
GGG is already working hard on evolving their engine.
For some of you guys it looks obvious that CryEngine or anything popular one are " the dream solution " to PoE. It's not.

- Port ( or starting again from 0 in the case of a PoE 2 ) cost a lot of extra work / money over evolving the game itself ( yes. If you focus only on this task and not evolving the game content it will die fast enough.)

- Some PoE mechanics can be hard to port and actual popular engine wouldn't be the dream solution either it would require some insane amount of work for a not so big result in fact.

- It's better to use a product they know and making it evolving over the time if they have people to do that.
This is the case they hired a lot and will probably hiring more; If you see the team size in early of PoE and what it is now the game has all chances to see way better performances in not that long time.
Lot of work has been announced for this year and next one.

- It's better to have a product you know perfectly and you are able to manage yourself than taking the first alternative you see with a google search or heard about.

- Having your own engine and beeing able to make it fit well with all the game needs is a viable solution for the PoE's situation. If they had an engine available for cheap when they started the game and that offered all they needed for such a game like PoE it would has been different possibly.

- Actual business plan clearly can't allow for this luxury or it would probably impact too much others aspect of the game.

This is not Riot or Blizzard this is Grinding Gear Games they are more at a challengers state for now. And they arn't that bad at all they made lot of progress i would even say. Few years ago i don't think i would have said that :)

- To be honest with you i'm able to get a more than decent experience with my two computers ( 6 years on one / 4 months on the other ) and both of them are mid end setup.

Of course there are issues that need solution ASAP but they work on them and personaly i see a big difference patchs after patchs.
On a second note it happen quite often that people report " performances issues " that are more due to really old config / network problems / inabilitie to setup correctly their system or maintain it.
Not saying all performances issues are due to toaster. Just saying it's important avoid going from an extrem to another when pointing all these " problems ".

Think i don't need to add more than that i'm not trying to convince you just saying these argues are too weak to justify a PoE 2 or at least the new engine magic solution is clearly miss understood by many peoples.
Solutions arn't that simple and magic wand doesn't exist IRL.
Be patient :) Big changes are coming slowly but i prefer that than an epic fail.

Short version: With actual argues in this thread i wouldn't see a PoE 2.

Helio

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jul 28, 2016, 11:42:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info