League re-balance/implementation

This is mainly a look at the past few leagues/current league. I don't understand why GGG doesn't rebalance previous league mechanics and put them into the game. It's almost like they release a new patch every 3 months, then take it away.

I can accept the fact that 3 months is probably not enough time to create a league mechanic and test it fully. Which is why we (the players) do so during the 3 months. It's however aggravating that these concepts are thrown away.

Talisman..
I liked the powerful amulets that you could recieve from this league. But the building up of tiers was annoying and tedious. As well as the inventory management of keeping these amulets to turn in.

So either reduce the ammount needed from 5 to 2/3. Or come with a different mechanic. Ditch the trade in shrines completely. Just have talisman mods occasionally spawn on a rare and he will drop a rare/unique talisman amulet. No more white or blue amulets that no one will use. No more hoarding inventory space on all these. Just take the ones that have good mods and use/sell them. Lets get Rigwald back into the game. In order to fight him, instead of needing the highest tier. Either trade 4 different unique talisman amulets to the map device. (I forgot how many their where, but if there isn't 4... make another unique). Or sell some combination of talisman and recieve of map of his domain or w/e. Then also look at the fight itself, does he need to be buffed up or altered in some way. We need more cool mechanic fights that aren't story related.

Perandus..
I really enjoyed finding Cadiro in areas and hoping he would be a bro and help me out. However I thought the coins/perandus monsters themselves sucked.

So an idea would be to have him spawn in place of a master or just randomly. Almost like a Vaal side area. He would spawn a portal to some area related to Perandus/Cadiro. Inside would be a small zone with monsters you have to kill. Killing them all would net you a chest. The chest would drop the same stuff that cadiro would have given. (Obviously drop rates would have to change for alot of items/maybe even make the uniques bound to your account). The chest could also give you maps... an the Perandus Manor. So again like Rigwald, we don't lose this content.

Also we ditch the gold monster of lag. And we don't have to collect/steal/scam people with the coins, just keep it nice and simple. I also didn't want to have coins from perandus and coins from prophecy floating around the game. Too much clutter.

Prophecy..
I'll talk about this because I once again enjoy the concept, I just hope some aspects are looked at for this league and changed moving forward.

Backtracking is just a big no. We already want to move away from the norm/cruel/merc diff, but this league makes us go backwards. Every single prophecy should be changed to not force players to do this. Get players into the endgame and keep them there. To do this, make all prophecy types be able to spawn in any zone.

If you have to kill a specific rare.. then have that specific rare spawn in the zone that you go into.
If it's one of the those storyline prophecies, have them spawn some way in the zone your doing.
If the prophecy is some random encounter in a specific zone.. then either change the encounter so it can spawn anywhere or just delete these... most of them are boring anyway. Killing a wave of skeletons in the crossroads isn't exciting nor rewarding.

Fated Uniques.. these should all be good or desirable items. So keep adding them to the game for uniques that don't see much use, so they get to be used. However change the system for it. Don't force people to equip the item to earn it. Instead have some shrine appear in zones, maybe like the Fated Shrine or something. When you find this, you trade the unique to it and it spawns a portal to fight the boss. Therefore, you don't have to backtrack nor wreck your build by equiping a lousy unique item. The boss will drop the new item for you.

We can even take that system a tad further to affect trading. Maybe some fated uniques require more then 1 copy of the item to be traded. Possibly giving more value to these low level uniques. Make fated uniques have more mods that range from low to high values. Trying to get a perfect version of a fated unique might take several attempts of trading in with the prophecy. Thus increasing the value of these items because they get lost everytime someone wants to try it.

And lastly... don't guarantee a specific unique from the rare monster prohecies. Those items all lose so much value because of this. Let's make things easier to obtain but not destroy trading in the process.

Maybe alter drop rate of silver coins, since the prophecies will be easier/convenient to complete... lets make them rarer to obtain so we are not flooding everyone with this stuff.

I know this was a long post, and I'm sure some of these ideas are good or bad. The point of the thread was to not lose league mechanics just because they didn't work the first time. I am just one person who plays this game and may have spent around 1hr thinking about these 3 leagues. Can't a group of people come up with atleast something to keep this stuff rolling. It's sad to see leagues kind of die off. I feel GGG should take that extra step to fix these leagues that they worked on themselves. We need More content in the game.. not Less.

Last edited by e1337donkey on Jul 27, 2016, 6:25:39 PM
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2016, 8:28:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They're not lost. Chris has stated that they are saving them, and are going to do something with them eventually.

Possible incorporate them into standard for a week or two. I think that was one of his idea's.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
~Eventually~ could be a long time. And this shouldn't be a standard only thing. It should be a game-wide update. The point is to add more content to do in your game. People get burnt out so fast because there is nothing to do end game. Now maybe this new Atlast of Worlds will change that.. sure. But you have already existing concepts missing atm.
Chris said that they'll probably gonna rotate league specific mechanisms in the core game (including Standart AND leagues) like they rotate Zana mods.

So we'll probably gonna loose some stuff like the ghosts to gain talisman or some other stuff.
There is also a high chance that prophecy will get added permanently as it's one of the least intrusive concept they've ever created (you can entirely ignore it if you don't care).
Last edited by IceDeal on Jul 27, 2016, 7:52:07 PM
I realize chris said they are going to rotate these mechanics. There was a time when every league would end and the next league, you would see some part of it remain in the game. Usually in a reduced fashion. (Yes not every league). There is no reason these leagues should be on the back burner until some given time in the future. Neither should they be hiding behind Zana's Mod system.. because she only gives 1 at a time.

I personally don't like how prophecy was implented. Although the idea is great. I just wish they would take some time to adjust some of this and put it in the current game. So it feels like the game is constantly growing and evolving. Lately it hasn't been that way. This game has a high ceiling when it comes to how great this game can be. I wish it would take those steps to reach it.

Think about this for a second.. think about how your playing the game currently. Then add in talisman amulets, add in Rigwald. (Especially for those who didn't get a chance to fight him). Adjust how we get the amulets so its not as annoying. Adjust the Rigwald fight so he feels like another Atziri. Add in an adjusted Cadiro, whether its what I suggested or something else. Wouldn't the game be better or at the very least give you something more to do/work towards. How about all those facebreaker builds that don't have that amulet anymore for crit... or Varunastra (sp) to play with.

Why are we limiting what can and can't be done at a certain time. Especially since it was already released at some point. It takes far less effort/time/resources to adjust something already developed. Some of my suggestions may not fall under this point but it doesn't have to be what I said.. just something.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
This is mainly a look at the past few leagues/current league. I don't understand why GGG doesn't rebalance previous league mechanics and put them into the game. It's almost like they release a new patch every 3 months, then take it away.

"
e1337donkey wrote:
I feel GGG should take that extra step to fix these leagues that they worked on themselves. We need More content in the game.. not Less.

Possibly why:

By rotating content, and not having it all available at once, the game:
1) Doesn't get overcrowded (and overwhelm new players); but more importantly
2) Keeps players seasonally interested -- even if the content isn't new. Flashback leagues.

Some league gimmicks end up in Permanent leagues, anyway.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info