Tell me about your noob stories.

Hey all. Just started the game this league, and I'm really enjoying it, so I figured I might as well post something and participate a bit in the community. Let's start with something easy.

Tell me a story about a really dumb, entertaining thing(s) you did when you were new to the game.

For me, this is like a month and a half ago. Since then I have vendored a Beast Fur Shawl and a Shav's, not realizing how valuable they are (this being before I started using trade at all). I also used an exalted orb I found on a random piece of gear just to see what it would do. Last but not least I got the "from the void" prophecy, completed it, was totally underwhelmed by voidheart (not understanding how powerful bleed/poison mechanics are) and vendored it. Ouch. Looking back I probably missed out on at least 8-10 ex worth of currency due to stupidity.

Anybody have any worse tales of noobiness?
Last bumped on Aug 3, 2016, 8:20:50 PM
When I first started playing the game, I kept going back to the Twilight Strand trying to amass wealth through the power of wisdom scraps >_<
I was extremely upset that facebreakers didn't give my ethereal knives 800% more damage when i was unarmed.

To be fair, that line is still not fixed to accurately depict it's attribute.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Used 2 exalts and the only eternal orb I ever dropped on a pair of gloves that were only worthy of being vendored to begin with. It wasn't until much later that I understood the importance of item levels and affix tiers. I definitely kick myself in the ass over that. In hindsight I should have just vendored the gloves and kept the currency to sell at a much later date when eternals went legacy.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:17:05 PM
i sold a near perfect facebreakers (996) and a few item quantity gems and 119 saffels for peanuts.. got scammed into thinking that the bow at the time, lioneye glare, was worth the 15 ex (5L) when in reality it was 5... i THEN learned what poe trade was and to never, ever use the trade channel in poe... also learned i hate leveling witches and doing minion builds so I haven't touched a witch or minion build since I started this game lol
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
When I first started playing the game, I kept going back to the Twilight Strand trying to amass wealth through the power of wisdom scraps >_<

I admit I laughed at this a bit.

"
Oh no! My fear of having this happen (and my laziness in looking stuff up) led me pretty early on to start stashing the best copy of every unique I find...and still doing it now!

I do the same thing now...bought a totally unnecessary number of stash tabs when they were on sale to accommodate all the incoming junk.

I remember few(2013) things:

-played selffound 2H melee for the first 4-5 months, mostly on HC, never saw maps and made it to merciless like 2 times also never saw 1000DPS :D
-played 2h ST and took a ton of melee physical nodes from the tree
-used physical projectile attack damage on my EK setup.. for 80 levels
d:-D*
When I first started I made a cleave/dual strike duelist. I just grabbed whatever nodes I thought would be neat/helpful. Jeez I think I was excited to hit lvl 60 haha.

I exalted quite a few thigns in CB without knowing what I was doing.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
I thought Bex was a guy... Hence nickname Ben.

Spoiler
HEhe
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info