I will never be good at PoE

wait, I actually forgot about something I wanted to try a long time ago

Romira's banquet = Gain a Power Charge on non-Critical Strike
incinerate = never crit
conviction of power = 25% chance to gain a endurance charge when you get a power charge

so 25% chance to get a endurance charge on hit with incinerate fast hit rate

buid version fucking 4

ascendancy in to following order: divine guidance -> sanctuary of thoughts -> conviction of power -> illuminated devotion
That's...actually quite an interesting idea. I'm rather interested in seeing if that works sometime now. Almost Juggernaut-level endurance charge generation there in some ways, and would definitely make +max Endurance charges work hard for you. Definitely something to keep in mind the next time I need a good Templar, or if I ever get a set of Void Batteries for some unearthly reason.

Anyways.

Orb of Storms can't be triggered - you have to hard-cast it. Same with totems, they can't be triggered either. If you really, truly just do not want to deal with any secondary skills, you can link both to a CWDT gem. That does limit the curse's level and thus effectiveness, and also means the curses are not terribly reliable. You wouldn't need Warlord's Mark for Endurance charges anymore, but you also couldn't really guarantee that it'd be up when you need it.

Anyways Mk. II.

At this point, man? Just go play. If the forums are getting too frustrating, then go build the character and just learn from the school'a hard knocks. I get it. Knocking heads sucks, and that numbers-for-a-name asshole keeps saying shit nobody wants to hear. You've pretty much got what useful advice I have to offer, the rest is mostly just nitpicking. Nits never need to get picked. Go run it, see if it helps. Good luck.
"
1453R wrote:
That's...actually quite an interesting idea. I'm rather interested in seeing if that works sometime now. Almost Juggernaut-level endurance charge generation there in some ways, and would definitely make +max Endurance charges work hard for you. Definitely something to keep in mind the next time I need a good Templar, or if I ever get a set of Void Batteries for some unearthly reason.

Anyways.

Orb of Storms can't be triggered - you have to hard-cast it. Same with totems, they can't be triggered either. If you really, truly just do not want to deal with any secondary skills, you can link both to a CWDT gem. That does limit the curse's level and thus effectiveness, and also means the curses are not terribly reliable. You wouldn't need Warlord's Mark for Endurance charges anymore, but you also couldn't really guarantee that it'd be up when you need it.

Anyways Mk. II.

At this point, man? Just go play. If the forums are getting too frustrating, then go build the character and just learn from the school'a hard knocks. I get it. Knocking heads sucks, and that numbers-for-a-name asshole keeps saying shit nobody wants to hear. You've pretty much got what useful advice I have to offer, the rest is mostly just nitpicking. Nits never need to get picked. Go run it, see if it helps. Good luck.

aw crap, then I'll use what I usually use for ranged triggering, bladefall, I used arc before but it's really limiting in its targets

right, I'll go again for what I usually use, enfeeble, but what about the life and mana leech from warlord? I guess enfeeble is better maybe. Getting charges on hit is far more reliable that charges on kill, don't know why you say that

there you go again man, I never called you an asshole, you're pretty great in fact, helping some random stranger on the internet, not getting anything back in return and having to deal with my shitty attitude. Any meaning behind your name actually?
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Well, it is not long or useless to others who are reading along and learning.

Yes. I am a total noob here and I read the whole thread. 1453R explains things well.
Last edited by Waret on Aug 1, 2016, 1:45:10 PM
Just as a note.

For the Romira's Banquet perma-charges version: you may also want to look at a dirt-cheap amulet nobody else wants: The Aylardex.

Gives 1% Mind Over Matter and 10% mana regen rate per power charge, as well as +1 power charges. Not huge, or something you should mega-prioritize over an amulet with spell damage and life/resists if you can get one, but a nice booster that comes with both life and mana itself. Was digging through the wiki idly theorycrafting a Void Battery version of the Romira Heirophant, and this struck me as being quite useful for a dual-leeching MOM-centric Heirophant build stacking charges all over the place. Good way to make your power charges work for you as well, given that their normal effect (increased crit chance) is sorta totally worthless here.

Obviously dual-wielding Void Batteries with an Aylardex and charges in the tree would be total beast mode, but I don't have ten exalts for that set-up...
"
Coal48 wrote:

easy on the mind and easy to control

-I avoid situational temporary effects that require timing, a good example is "immortal call", it requires endurances charges which have a short lifetime and it as itself a very short duration, so it needs to be used precisely
-the only exception is flasks and I use them as a "panic button", when I lose a lot of health I mash all 5 keys at the same time, I find having to know what specific flask to use at what time too hard to do
-I avoid Vaal skills too since they also require very precise use
-I always go towards "blood magic" because I don't want to pay attention to mana levels and/or use mana flasks, I though several times to use mana as life with "Mind Over matter" while having both life and mana leech but I've never actually made a build

-I do "study" unique items to try and come up with builds but the way usually "professionals" use certain abilities is not the way I would think of using them

my setups usually consists of only this
-1 attack skill
-1 movement skill
-portal gem
-cast when damage taken spell that curse enemies on hit
-auras
-trigger skills if melee

If you're looking for a build to try I'd suggest Tornado shot, very easy to use. It does often go crit though, dunno why you're averse to that. The sound of Tornado shot Crit Shattering an entire pack is so satisfying. If you grab the attack mana leech nodes on the bottom right of the tree you don't need to worry about mana flasks either. Vaal skills on the build are good but not required(situational booster for map boss)

EDIT - Anyhow, I'm caught up on the whole thread now, looks like you're pretty sorted, some good advice has been given, pretty much disregard my suggestion.

Good luck on your build. It looks like a good one.
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Aug 1, 2016, 6:24:20 PM
"
1453R wrote:
Just as a note.

For the Romira's Banquet perma-charges version: you may also want to look at a dirt-cheap amulet nobody else wants: The Aylardex.

Gives 1% Mind Over Matter and 10% mana regen rate per power charge, as well as +1 power charges. Not huge, or something you should mega-prioritize over an amulet with spell damage and life/resists if you can get one, but a nice booster that comes with both life and mana itself. Was digging through the wiki idly theorycrafting a Void Battery version of the Romira Heirophant, and this struck me as being quite useful for a dual-leeching MOM-centric Heirophant build stacking charges all over the place. Good way to make your power charges work for you as well, given that their normal effect (increased crit chance) is sorta totally worthless here.

Obviously dual-wielding Void Batteries with an Aylardex and charges in the tree would be total beast mode, but I don't have ten exalts for that set-up...

right, I was tired of theorycrafting and wanted to just play the game already but obviously I need to finish studying, thanks a lot for highlighting The Aylardex and void battery, they'll work very well with the build (if I can get them of course)

*EDIT

with both the amulet and wand, I could get 5 power charges max

aylardex:
5% damage taken from mana before life (okay)
50% increased mana regen (nice)

void battery:
85% increased spell damage (25 x 5 = 125 - 80 = 45 + 40 = 85) (nice)
10-20% cast speed (nice)
40-50 mana (okay)

for the price of void battery (5ex minimum), I'm sure It's not worth it, I can reach about the same damage and cast speed with a much cheaper wand, VB requires a lot of power charge investment to be good and I just can't with that build

as you said, a rare amulet with life + resist + damage is better than ayy-lard-ex, so unless I find it myself, I won't trade for it
Last edited by Coal48 on Aug 1, 2016, 7:58:54 PM
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
If you're looking for a build to try I'd suggest Tornado shot, very easy to use. It does often go crit though, dunno why you're averse to that. The sound of Tornado shot Crit Shattering an entire pack is so satisfying. If you grab the attack mana leech nodes on the bottom right of the tree you don't need to worry about mana flasks either. Vaal skills on the build are good but not required(situational booster for map boss)

EDIT - Anyhow, I'm caught up on the whole thread now, looks like you're pretty sorted, some good advice has been given, pretty much disregard my suggestion.

Good luck on your build. It looks like a good one.

thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info