Any builds for 4b2r 6l?

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
dudiobugtron: Yes flame totem was my first thought too. I don't know which caster builds use inc/less duration but antilev2 mentioned stormcall so maybe there is some cool stuff i can do with that spell.

inc duration: firestorm
less duration: storm call

firestorm - echo - elemental focus/faster casting - controlled destruction - fire pen - iron will/inc duration would be an excellent setup.

Is inc duration really worth the gem slot? It has no extra damage like less duration has.

Increased Duration acts as "more" damage for spells that benefit from duration. Firestorm benefits immensely.

If a fireball comes down every 0.1 seconds and it lasts for 2 seconds normally, that's 20 fireballs. If you plug in a level 20/0 Inc Duration in there, you get 64% increased duration, meaning the skill lasts for 3.28 seconds. That's a total of 32 fireballs. That's a yield of 60% more damage.
"
Natharias wrote:

Increased Duration acts as "more" damage for spells that benefit from duration. Firestorm benefits immensely.

If a fireball comes down every 0.1 seconds and it lasts for 2 seconds normally, that's 20 fireballs. If you plug in a level 20/0 Inc Duration in there, you get 64% increased duration, meaning the skill lasts for 3.28 seconds. That's a total of 32 fireballs. That's a yield of 60% more damage.

Well explained but can't you just overlap many firestorms by casting the skill repeatedly to get the same effect? It has no cooldown.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 28, 2016, 8:37:17 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Well explained but can't you just overlap many firestorms by casting the skill repeatedly to get the same effect? It has no cooldown.

More of them will be able to overlap if they last for longer.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
raics wrote:
Non-crit ignite Discharge maybe, Firestorm totem, CoMK-something if you want to get exotic.

actually yeah, those were the exact colors for my comk with dory's fist. Icecrash-CoMK-Discharge-Ele Focus-Lightning Pen-Shock Nova.

Also contemplating a cold variation that would use double Call of the Brotherhoods and sub out discharge for ice nova, but you'd need a green for cold pen. Unless you wanted to swap out cold pen for vortex or something.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 29, 2016, 12:11:30 AM
It's a bad chest for life based. It's bad for CI. Not useable for Low life. I'd suggest getting another chest.

Your colors are good for selfcast burning discharge, you could use some nasty 2k armor shield shield with a caster weapon, for example

But maybe a 5link Realm Ender would still deal more damage, that +4 to gem level is a ton of free damage.
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 29, 2016, 9:23:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info