Need help with low flicker DPS

So..

Currently using the below tree: https://goo.gl/uHOvw3

Despite my gear: https://gyazo.com/7501d5bb4e3f45e7b7956225438ca34c

Essentially 31% crit chance on amu, bino, maligaro's gloves

My DPS i stuck at around 4-5k unbuffed. No frenzy/power charges. Using Hatred/assmark blasphemy.

Any clue on how to increase my dps? I am at a loss, i can't figure anything out.

Last edited by doubledu on Jul 26, 2016, 12:35:38 PM
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2016, 1:07:16 PM
You, uh, forgot to link your body armour. You know, the one with flicker strike in it? So we can see your links?

Is your unbuffed damage actually that relevant, though? You seem to have several extra charges. You should more or less be maintaining full charges across a map, right?

The most obvious thing you're missing here is flat phys. Bino's has a great crit chance and thanks to being a dagger has acceptable attacks per second, but its physical damage just isn't that high. If you have stuff like
you'll see huge buffs from that increased base damage.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 26, 2016, 12:36:24 PM
Edit:

Added chest.

I am dumb.
Seeing as you're CI, the links look good. I'm not sure why your DPS is so bad.

Are you... are you sure it's actually that bad?

Flicker strike's tooltip, iirc, shows damage per hit, not per second. So you should multiply the number you see by your attacks per second to get your real DPS (if it says "per hit" or something similar on the tooltip). Multistrike, for instance, actually decreases the visible number of flicker strike's damage per hit even though it increases the DPS.

Regardless, my recommendation is still flat phys on jewelry. It'll make a big difference even if your DPS isn't as bad as you think.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 26, 2016, 12:41:31 PM
Average DPS is 5.6K with Hatred.

Reaches 9.7k on max frenzy power charges.

Some people boast 20k avg hit with flicker...which is why I think I have such a big problem.
> Reaches 9.7k on max frenzy power charges.

> Some people boast 20k avg hit with flicker

People boasting about their DPS usually are doing so with at least their maintainable buffs up, not with "no charges".

So you're halfway there (a) with only 5 links, and (b) with no flat phys on jewelry. You're doing fine. But get that flat phys on jewelry.

(also, there are much better daggers to use than bino's once you get money. The best bino's in the league is literally 2/3 the pdps of the best dagger in the league. You'll probably want to spec out of poison at that point, since you're a trickster, not an assassin. And further, when you're doing these calculations, try to look at actual DPS, not damage per hit--scaling attack speed is valuable, you're not only trying to scale per-hit damage, and looking only at damage per hit neglects attack speed entirely)
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 26, 2016, 12:51:07 PM
"
doubledu wrote:
Average DPS is 5.6K with Hatred.

Reaches 9.7k on max frenzy power charges.

Some people boast 20k avg hit with flicker...which is why I think I have such a big problem.

Well there's your problem. Never compare yourself to people making guides, with perfect rolls and mirrored weapons.

9.7k per hit, assuming 10 attacks per second (seems reasonable for flicker builds like yours) is still almost 100k dps. Pretty good using a 5L, low level gems without quality, and a Bino.
5.35 attacks per second..

Without frenzy.

Or blood rage.
Last edited by doubledu on Jul 26, 2016, 12:54:30 PM
"
doubledu wrote:
5.35 attacks per second..

While I didn't expect you to be at 10 like namcap did, it's worth noting that you should be taking buffs into account for this as well. While the blood dance does nerf your attack speed from frenzy charges (in favor of survivability, mostly), you have an ascendancy point that gives you 20% increased attack speed on using a movement skill. Also blood rage. Both are relevant.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 26, 2016, 12:56:17 PM
Witch AoE cluster and quality melee splash would increase your clear speed (not the number though)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info