To coc or not to coc - that is the question

Sup Guys and Girls (....eee just in case there are some girls playin)

Just wonder what your thoughts are on coc build atm.
I got most of bow coc build gear in my stash in prophecy and was wondering if i should do a coc build or not. My dilemma is this:
- i got 4 other chars in prophecy all on maping level (75+ level)
- coc is getting nerfed next patch, so should i enjoy while it last or wait for the new coc to see if I can build around that.
- to make a build I would need a lot of regrets to respect my assassin shadow to coc, or start with fresh char and waste few days to level it

what you guys think?
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last bumped on Aug 1, 2016, 4:33:46 AM
It will still be usable after the nerf despite all the Chicken Little-ing you will read here post 2.4. The answer depends on your personality. Will you feel regret having not seen CoC at its peak? If all you want to do is experience the play style, I think you can wait till later.
I'd play it safe and give it a shot, there's plenty of time until 2.4 and if in some unlikely case it does indeed get nerfed to unusability you will be sorry for not trying it in all its glory.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 26, 2016, 10:15:01 AM
Do:
-If you don't get BH on needed balance nerfs
-The game just happens to work fine on your machine without FPS death
-You don't care about playing in groups

Don't:
-If you don't want to get spoiled by OP build to only feel the slowing down of a balanced build post nerf
-You're eyes are sensitive from a lot of spells flooding the screen
-If you get sensitive about being excluded from socializing with others in the game
hahaha,

I like the anwesers :)

TBH my only concern is i know how fun it is (i did a ST version way way back). I've seen the coc barrage quill rain build in action so... yeah :P

my pc is rock solid.

I never play in parties

I love when there is so much stuff on my screen that I almost can see what im doing ;)

in conclusion.

I will give it ago, just need like 30ish regrets to respect my shadow (again :P)
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Do yourself a favour and play wand barrage coc - chain - ek - bladefall instead of the stupid bow builds. It's vastly superior. You'll only need to switch chain with GMP for a few bosses without adds. Since they buffed wand implicits, good coc wands are beastly. Absolutely no contest. I realize Mathil and Liftingnerdbro have quill rain coc guides but guess what, they play many different builds to keep players interested, they don't exactly specialize in a single build category. I've lost count of how many coc builds I've tested and I assure you wands are the hardest-hitting coc motherfuckers out there, perhaps with the exception of mirror daggers in standard league.

p.s. 6th gem depends on preference, life leech is the safest, other options are arc, added fire damage, controlled destruction, item rarity. Last time I played this build, I personally used an atziri flask + cwdt - warlord's mark for leech and switched between controlled destruction and item rarity depending on goals.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 26, 2016, 11:58:04 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Do yourself a favour and play wand barrage coc - chain - ek - bladefall instead of the stupid bow builds. It's vastly superior. You'll only need to switch chain with GMP for a few bosses without adds. Since they buffed wand implicits, good coc wands are beastly. Absolutely no contest. I realize Mathil and Liftingnerdbro have quill rain coc guides but guess what, they play many different builds to keep players interested, they don't exactly specialize in a single build category. I've lost count of how many coc builds I've tested and I assure you wands are the hardest-hitting coc motherfuckers out there, perhaps with the exception of mirror daggers in standard league.

p.s. 6th gem depends on preference, life leech is the safest, other options are arc, added fire damage, controlled destruction, item rarity. Last time I played this build, I personally used an atziri flask + cwdt - warlord's mark for leech and switched between controlled destruction and item rarity depending on goals.

Mathil lately looks like he is dyin from boredom while playing PoE.. Coc build is not helping at all. And there is not much he can do, that wont be shit in current meta and wasn't already done.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
eragon1111 wrote:

Mathil lately looks like he is dyin from boredom while playing PoE.. Coc build is not helping at all. And there is not much he can do, that wont be shit in current meta and wasn't already done.

True enough, streamin' ain't easy.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
coc always! i wanna try with this laptop but im afraid of destroy it
my english sux.
Just build it. Judging from Chris's speech and how GGG usually does things, the nerf might not hurt that much after all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info