''Atlas of worlds'' = The expansion

18 Quintilian labs, all planet size.

Man I look forward to august 10th.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
So apparently according to Chris, "Completely change the endgame" means "Hey look, guys, more maps."

Why does anyone let that guy be the spokesman for this lame duck of a game?

I mean, look, it's not confirmed to be just "moar maps, lulz," but come on...Atlas of Worlds? That is literally another way of saying maps.

Anyways, look forward to running Gorge until the heat death of the universe, because even if this crap does end up being marginally different there's no chance in hell that it will be more rewarding, and it sure as fuck won't be fun. If it is, expect it to be crushed in record time (How's that Uber Lab working out for ya?)

Dude. Chris said they were going to change the endgame. Not _remove_ the endgame.

Maps literally are the endgame. Everything up to the alluring abyss and core are maps. Atlas of Worlds means the focus will be _on the maps_. What does that mean? You have no fucking idea. It probably doesn't mean "just add more maps". Chris is probably saying, and I inferred him as saying this from the beginning, that they plan to change how maps work and are played. It's a gameplay mechanics change. Involving maps. Atlas of Worlds.

Seriously, are you 5 years old?
"
"
So apparently according to Chris, "Completely change the endgame" means "Hey look, guys, more maps."

Why does anyone let that guy be the spokesman for this lame duck of a game?

I mean, look, it's not confirmed to be just "moar maps, lulz," but come on...Atlas of Worlds? That is literally another way of saying maps.

Anyways, look forward to running Gorge until the heat death of the universe, because even if this crap does end up being marginally different there's no chance in hell that it will be more rewarding, and it sure as fuck won't be fun. If it is, expect it to be crushed in record time (How's that Uber Lab working out for ya?)

Seriously, are you 5 years old?

exactly what I thought :D
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
if he is holding up the earth and the rock his holding him up.. wtf is holding up the rock ?

rng
I was thinking about the name of the expansion.

"atlas of worlds" - I mean atlas, if you think about its a collection of maps in one book.

So my theory is that the atlas of worlds - will add a way to combine maps, to create a new maps, an "atlas of worlds".
Basically it will be a map, with multiple zone, just like you would be going though zones in acts, but here will be multiple bosses on the way.

If you think about it, it would be beneficial to all, as it will allow us to roll multiple maps combine together with the same affixes, this way you could spend more currency per "atlas" to get the affixes you want, instead of rolling a single map each time.

- tinfoil hat off -

lets wait and see
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Raids!

-MC
-BWL
-AQ etc. etc.

--``--

or sth. like Zul Gururb???
Atlas of Worlds might just be a new way to store maps.
You know, like a currency stash tab, just for maps.
Well, Chris has a new, fancy, interesting signature in the forum these days. Can't really make much sense of it, but it's pretty clear it has to do with maps. And as the map icons "just" got revamped, I'm pretty sure the "maps" in Chris' signature ain't classic maps, but maybe combinations of maps.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Well, Chris has a new, fancy, interesting signature in the forum these days. Can't really make much sense of it, but it's pretty clear it has to do with maps. And as the map icons "just" got revamped, I'm pretty sure the "maps" in Chris' signature ain't classic maps, but maybe combinations of maps.

Would be fucking hilarious if that was ALL that 2.4 was -- a shitty icon update and reshuffling of maps.

:P

At this point I haven't ruled out that option.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 31, 2016, 12:55:30 PM
"
"
Phrazz wrote:

Would be fucking hilarious if that was ALL that 2.4 was -- a shitty icon update and reshuffling of maps.

:P

At this point I haven't ruled out that option.

Damn, "bummed out" would get a whole new meaning.

But I think those icons are combinations of maps, bigger and bader. I hope you can combine four different maps into a new, bigger "world", and that every combination you put in the map device, gives a unique result. Not a unique tile set, as that is impossible, but a unique result in form of bosses, layout and so on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info