''Atlas of worlds'' = The expansion

There will be no more "maps" in the game or "map drops" - they are putting all the map sets onto a teleport landscape/multiple landscapes - similar to the landscapes you pull up on a waypoint that allows you to teleport to certain areas in the game.

The landscapes (worlds) will each have a set of locations (the old maps) you can teleport to, and will have different categories/themes with certain rewards/challenges (i.e. mods) unique to that world.

I think there will be 6 worlds, and Atlas will be the new mapping device in Eternal Lab that let's you access these landscapes ofc.

Using the Atlas will probably cost some currency / new currency orb, and also have some ability to adjust the tier, and maybe have some new features with the expansion.

Sike.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 27, 2016, 7:35:16 PM
"
"
I believe they knew what they were doing here so it's not exactly a surprise anyway from the news video ~ Pause it at 1:58 :x

https://youtu.be/ajVc-uwdJ0Y?t=118

i am just in shock that people actually play with screen shake..
I turned on screen shake after seeing it in the video :)
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
The first definition for 'atlas' is "a bound collection of maps". Inserting that into the spoiled banner text Atlas of Worlds, it would mean:

A bound collection of maps of worlds.

Seems redundant unless we're using our maps as runewords to combine 2-4 in the map device to create brand new worlds (collection of maps --> worlds).

did u ever see that thread in the suggestions forum where the guy had a theory on some system revolving around these big stones you could socket multiple maps into? It was interesting, Im not sure he had a 100% solid concept but there was the start of something great in the ideas I felt. Cant for the life of me remember anything that I could search for to find it tho.

I would be cool if you could socket a master map, and then say 3 secondary maps, then when you run it you get a chain of the 3 secondary maps, but they all take the zone level and mods from the master map. The master map is never actually run, its essentially consumed and what u get to play are the 3 other maps.

I did not see that thread, but this was my idea from months ago:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1653112
"
"
I believe they knew what they were doing here so it's not exactly a surprise anyway from the news video ~ Pause it at 1:58 :x

https://youtu.be/ajVc-uwdJ0Y?t=118

i am just in shock that people actually play with screen shake..

Makes crit builds more satisfying
So an atlas is a book of maps or charts right?

My guess is there will be a new item or items that holds maps and can combine them into larger areas called worlds.
Worlds can be modified like maps but are semi-permanent meaning you can run the same world over and over without having to reroll it or add maps ect. Once you build the world you keep it. I assume the challenge of the expansion is to explore and clear all of the worlds in the game.

Maybe each mod on the world increases the level of the world area by one. So if you want to run high level zones you have to add a ton of mods/currency onto the world but it also gets way more difficult.
Some rarer mods benefit the player while most benefit the enemies.

But who knows
Any speculation on the launch date of the new expansion?
I assume we have one more league on the current expansion right?
"
Flyjum wrote:
So an atlas is a book of maps or charts right?

My guess is there will be a new item or items that holds maps and can combine them into larger areas called worlds.
Worlds can be modified like maps but are semi-permanent meaning you can run the same world over and over without having to reroll it or add maps ect. Once you build the world you keep it. I assume the challenge of the expansion is to explore and clear all of the worlds in the game.

Maybe each mod on the world increases the level of the world area by one. So if you want to run high level zones you have to add a ton of mods/currency onto the world but it also gets way more difficult.
Some rarer mods benefit the player while most benefit the enemies.

But who knows
Any speculation on the launch date of the new expansion?
I assume we have one more league on the current expansion right?

2.4 starts when Prophecy ends.

And I think your idea is really cool. While a new 'permanent' end game would never happen given all of GGG's past decisions (they always want you consuming some kind of item or currency).

But maybe your idea would work if, via lore, these worlds were 'fleeting' - maybe only lasting 24-72 hours. So you pool up your maps, say, 20 of them. You dump them into an atlas, then create a World. This World is much like the one you described, only it's duration is = 1 hour per affix on the maps you used to make it. So 20 six-property maps would yield a unique world (based on the map tilesets) with a duration of 5 days that you can enter, leave, and reset at your leisure just like you would the dried lake. The zone level would be = the average of map zones that you used to create the World.

I'd be pretty down with that.
While on first impression this does look like a map expansion - After all, Atlas was forced to hold up the celestial spheres -

What it really means is "Globe Guys" will be part of the new UI MTX meta end game.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
if he is holding up the earth and the rock his holding him up.. wtf is holding up the rock ?
To do the expansion you must go through the Atlas Labyrinth it's so not exactly like the current Lab just cooler and longer.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
To do the expansion you must go through the Atlas Labyrinth it's so not exactly like the current Lab just cooler and longer.

there is always somebody saying "jehova" at a certain point...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info