Any 2.3 CI Aegis Aurora Build´s out there?

Are they simply not viable in 2.3 anymore or are they too boring/expensive for most people to play since i cant find any updated one´s on the forum?
Last edited by standalone09 on Jul 25, 2016, 6:29:33 PM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2016, 1:37:09 AM
There is no real change that I remember that would make it work any worse than before. If you cant find any updated one its probably just because people are not interested in it.

Do remember that Aegis Aurora doesn't need the big amounts of ES given by CI, as armor is the most limiting part of it and not ES. Going with normal life/low life is easier and more rewarding (the block nodes are almost at the other side of the tree from CI, cheaper gear, more auras, etc.)
Last edited by Adser on Jul 25, 2016, 7:31:09 PM
The most limiting part for me would be the cost of 2 ex for an Aegis Aurora... :( I would love to play around with one... or two... or one for every character just to try it out...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I have some aegis builds on standard, few of them are CI. I would hesitate to recommend them because theyre standard league builds, theyre powerful general purpose mapping characters but some of them are now 3 years old and have been upgrading gear for all that time in a league where mirrored and legacy stuffs exist. I wouldnt be building characters this way without this gear, and I have so many characters in standard that I never make "that one really op build that can do everything", I just maintain a range of things that interest me.

Honestly every aegis build Ive kept going has just got stronger and stronger with every update, as i think most builds have. Its really hard to get block on the tree now for certain build types, but now you just use a Rumis and hit op block levels, esp if youre ci and have 5 utility flask slots to play with.

Occultist // Reave

Dagger & Shield // CI + Aegis Block + Armour

Assassin // CoC Barrage

Wand & Shield // CI + Aegis Block + Armour

Gladiator // Lacerate

1H Sword & Shield // Life + Aegis Block + Armour + Energy Shield

They're viable, but take a massive investment if you want to (passively) cap your block, get some armor, get enough life and then you're left with almost no damage nodes.

So what people do is they forget the whole thing, and make a different build instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info