Let's start a storm? (Russians invading PoE!)

"
markww wrote:
My concern is that there may well be a lot of non English speakers so trade interactions could be almost impossible, may be time for GGG to make some trade improvements...
Don't worry. Trade interactions in PoE are usually like this:

1. open poe.trade
2. find list of items
3. copy PM to some seller
4. Ctrl+V, Enter
5. if no answer, return to p.3
6. "my ho"
7. "t4t"+"t4t"

No language/social skill involved whatsoever.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:09:39 PM
"
LOOZING wrote:
GGG has an answer for you. Get your gratification from trade. Whoopeeeeeee!!!!!!

What has PoE trading got anything to do with MTX. Russian PoE players can trade all they want but at the end of the day if they buy no MTX then Garena Russia has no choice but to close down.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
eragon1111 wrote:
You have to be really close minded to think Garena closes because of one game mtx sales problems... The root cause is a lot more complicate - Garena is not the only company that is leaving Russia. Read some stuff on the internetz to create more valid opinion.. Russia has now big big problems.

If Russia Internet performance sucks then PoE won't play at all there and if Russian real economy sucks then no arpg gamer's have any extra rubles to keep Gerena going then that also means a shutdown. I see it as a combination of Russia Internet is bad and that combined with PoE server/client very poor performance it is a one, two knockout punch.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
markww wrote:
My concern is that there may well be a lot of non English speakers so trade interactions could be almost impossible, may be time for GGG to make some trade improvements...

1. open poe.trade
2. find list of items
4. Ctrl+V, Enter
6. "my ho"
7. "t4t"+"t4t"

How did they trade on Garena servers anyways?

Currently on SG Garena
1. /trade 1
2. spam WTB/WTS whole days
3. finally find a fking seller/buyer
4. scammed/scam most of the time because demand > supply
5. "my ho"
6. "ty" + "ty"
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:
You have to be really close minded to think Garena closes because of one game mtx sales problems... The root cause is a lot more complicate - Garena is not the only company that is leaving Russia. Read some stuff on the internetz to create more valid opinion.. Russia has now big big problems.

If Russia Internet performance sucks then PoE won't play at all there and if Russian real economy sucks then no arpg gamer's have any extra rubles to keep Gerena going then that also means a shutdown. I see it as a combination of Russia Internet is bad and that combined with PoE server/client very poor performance it is a one, two knockout punch.

According to stats Russian internet is as good as a lot of EU countries and better than Australia, and a higher percentage of Russians have a 4m/bit+ connection than Americans
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
markww wrote:

1. open poe.trade
2. find list of items
4. Ctrl+V, Enter
6. "my ho"
7. "t4t"+"t4t"

How did they trade on Garena servers anyways?
Just change "poe.trade" in p.1 to "poep.ru".
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
tough decision of ggg. i wish them good luck and that they stay under the radar.

i would really like to know the reason why garena closes their cis servers. i don't think it's missing revenue, they also close down their heroes of newerth servers (without compensating them for the mtx) which had quite a large user base according to the forums there.

as for the integration of the russian community i have no worries, russians are mostly funny and peaceful when sober and treated respectfully, the multi language issue is not only a russian problem, it also applies when the german version is released and you get the "taktaktaksauerkraut" in chat.

luckily more germans and russians speak english than the other way around.

edit:
as for the microtransaction integration issue from garena i would really appreciate ggg just refunding the points to their accounts and let them buy new mtx. some of the mtx there look horrific.

regarding the influx of items from the cis servers: ggg never really cared for the standard economy as they ever deliberately missed out any serious features to control the economy.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 26, 2016, 4:40:32 AM
"

Very much this. GGG is shit at maintaining their database, so I'm worried that after the migration I'll find that my couple mirrored items and high-end 6Ls will be mysteriously gone. See also: my signature!

oh, an tech expert for databases!

i don't claim to be one but i'm always willing to learn more: what's shitty on their databases?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:

luckily more germans and russians speak english than the other way around.

I wouldn't be so sure. Still, the whole "cyryllic spam problem" isn't a good reason to be so hostile towards RU players. Truth to be told, my eyes hurt everytime I look at global 1, no matter what language ppl speak there.

As for the mtx and fake items, ppl have a tendency to exaggerate everything, so I wouldnt panic over that. Altho it might be a good idea for GGG to post some statistics, just to show what kind of numbers are we talking about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info