Is any Arc build viable for end-game?

"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
So let me clarify. I've never seen a BM build work without making use of reservations (low-life) while using less than near perfect gear. There simply are none. At least not that I'm aware of.

Lots of people pick up BM when they play Explosive Arrow.

Yes i played ziggyd's bm ea build. It was great. Charachter is Corin_Swe
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kompaniet/characters
"
kompaniet wrote:
You passive tree isn't very good. 3 points for practical application and then using eye of chayula.
7 points just for the power charge passive in templar area? At the same time many es nodes are not picked up. Sense?

On charachter Matsakonis (if that is the right one) You have cwdt + arctic armour in shield. Cwdt does not work with arctic armour.

I like your helm link. Both curse on hit and power charge. Nice. I will steal that idea :)

My tree is still "under construction" so you are right, it's not very good atm. Let me explain.
I picked practical application for the strength back when I was in need for strength and that time it was cheaper to go that way. With so many corrections and now that I don't need strength it's cheaper to go through the arcane focus cluster which I'll do it. About the 7 points to power charge: it's 1 power charge + 10% es icnreased from intelligence. Today I got a void battery so 1 extra power charge means 50% crit chance + 25% spell damage + 4% spell damage from instability and with the void battery I'm planning to drop some damage or cast speed and get arcane potency cluster so I thought it was I good idea to go that way. Now the CwDT, of course I know that it doesn't work with arctic armour :D it's just a left over there. It's a spare socket which I'm gonna fill with enlighten(when I got one).
The helm idea was dudiobugtron's and is indeed a really good idea. I got rid of PCoC from arc.

"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
Could you, please, share what were your gem links at that point?

(Arc/Lightning Tendrils) + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Added Lightning Damage + Increased Critical Damage + Life Leech

"
Natharias wrote:
There is a very good ES regen-tank out there.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604

My friend Natharias, what did I say? You can't have the defenses that life has without sacrificing damage or paying a lot. Have you seen the damage on that build? Abysmal.

"
Natharias wrote:
Now an ES build that gets only a meager 10%, which is easy, and gets 10k ES

"A meager 10%", "which is easy", "10k es". How are you gonna do that without sacrificing damage or pay a ton of currency?

Man, I don't know if we really disagree or just talking about a different subject. All-good the things you say but they are not contradicting what I say. ES build are more expensive than life. Are you saying life build and ES builds cost the same? If yes then we trully disagree. If no then that's what I'm saying. 2 of the game's defences are not ballanced and I don't like that. If the situation was more like other RPGs where less defence means more damage then OK. But hardly ES builds making more damage than life builds. I hope they will do something about that.

"
Natharias wrote:
The second one is the exact opposite of what you've been saying. CI, incapable of end-game content? He had no trouble with the traps or Izaro-...

I didn't say CI is incapable of end-game. I asked if arc is incapable of end-game. Of course CI is capable of end-game. CI is beast...and expensive.

"
Natharias wrote:
CI trappers.

Trap/Mine builds. I admit, trap/mine builds are really cheap and really strong. Only they weren't ugly and anti-fun builds :P
Last edited by kalkas on Jul 27, 2016, 4:12:40 PM
Hey kalkas here is a good arc build that snorkle_uk linked for me in another thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628996

Since we are on the topic of incapable. That build one shots all map bosses :)
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 27, 2016, 4:56:23 PM
"
kalkas wrote:
My friend Natharias, what did I say? You can't have the defenses that life has without sacrificing damage or paying a lot. Have you seen the damage on that build? Abysmal.

22+k is abysmal?

LOL!

I'd take 22k raw DPS over any of my character's raw DPSes any day.

"
kalkas wrote:
"A meager 10%", "which is easy", "10k es". How are you gonna do that without sacrificing damage or pay a ton of currency?

I suggest you look at the two builds I linked. The one whom you said had abysmal damage had 15+k ES with 14+% regen.

"
kalkas wrote:
All-good the things you say but they are not contradicting what I say. ES build are more expensive than life. Are you saying life build and ES builds cost the same? If yes then we trully disagree.

You're obviously not reading what I'm posting, then.

I've never said life is cheaper. Quite the opposite. Let me bold it for you just in case you have a handicap:

LIFE IS THE EASIEST THING TO GET RUNNING SINCE YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO GET LIFE EACH TIME YOU LEVEL AND SINCE IT ALLOWS YOU TO STACK ARMOR, EVASION, AND/OR ENERGY SHIELD ON TOP OF YOUR LIFE. The only time you go ES early on is because you're either an experienced player, you're ballsy, or you're just new to the game.

There. Hopefully you just have an eye problem or forgot your glasses.

"
kalkas wrote:
Trap/Mine builds. I admit, trap/mine builds are really cheap and really strong. Only they weren't ugly and anti-fun builds :P

Yet I find traps to be exceptionally fun. Mines I don't care for. But I've never succeeded in making a trap build do half of the damage against single targets as any other of my builds. So I don't stick with them.
"
kompaniet wrote:
Hey kalkas here is a good arc build that snorkle_uk linked for me in another thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628996

Ok, the damage was...unreal. And did you check his tree? He has only defensive passives. Only defensive, yet the damage is epic to say at least. Man, those build I call genius.

"
Natharias wrote:
22+k is abysmal?

Yes, it's adysmal. Too low. The owner of the build himself admits it: "If you are looking for a high damage build, you are looking the wrong place. You'll need to Incinerate for several seconds to wipe out entire packs of monsters."

"
Natharias wrote:
I'd take 22k raw DPS over any of my character's raw DPSes any day.

I don't understand the meaning of this sentence.

"
Natharias wrote:
I suggest you look at the two builds I linked. The one whom you said had abysmal damage had 15+k ES with 14+% regen.

Yes, he has abysmal damage because his ES stats are so high. And let me re-phrase that: Having that high ES stats leaves no passives to use on damage. Needs to spend tons-of-currency. Another quote from the builder: "Requires neither uniques nor any expensive gear to work."
The second build you linked I have to admit. He's doing a 10 times easier lab than me with such little currency. But again, he's a trapper :P kidding of course.

"
Natharias wrote:
I've never said life is cheaper. Quite the opposite. Let me bold it for you just in case you have a handicap:

LIFE IS THE EASIEST THING TO GET RUNNING SINCE YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO GET LIFE EACH TIME YOU LEVEL AND SINCE IT ALLOWS YOU TO STACK ARMOR, EVASION, AND/OR ENERGY SHIELD ON TOP OF YOUR LIFE. The only time you go ES early on is because you're either an experienced player, you're ballsy, or you're just new to the game.

There. Hopefully you just have an eye problem or forgot your glasses.

Yes, I know you never said that, that's why I asked and , thank god, you finally gave me an answer. And let me bold it for you just in case you have a handicap and didn't realize that:

SINCE LIFE IS THE EASIEST THING TO GET RUNNING SINCE YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO GET LIFE EACH TIME YOU LEVEL AND SINCE IT ALLOWS YOU TO STACK ARMOUR, EVASION ADN/OR ENERGY SHIELD ON TOP OF YOUR LIFE THEN THAT MAKES LIFE CHEEEAAAAPEEEEER!!!

There. Hopefully you just have a perception problem or you're just high.

OMG this is so funny!
"
kalkas wrote:
Yes, I know you never said that, that's why I asked and , thank god, you finally gave me an answer.

My first post proves you wrong:

"
Natharias wrote:
So it's a bad thing that not every build can do Blood Magic maps? What about the other mods, like no regen, less recovery, reflect, and other mods meant to counter specific builds.

The lab counters builds that cannot either avoid, mitigate, or regenerate back lost hit points from traps. That's the entire point of traps. If traps don't counter something or pose a threat to something, then they have no purpose.

The problem between life, ES, and CI is the same as the issue with melee attacks, ranged attacks, and spells.

Life is inherent and easy to get going because it is inherent. You can easily stack armor, evasion, and/or ES with life, but it is very difficult to stack armor and/or evasion with ES, and ES is hard to stack in and of itself. This is because of how gearing works in PoE.

0/10 troll. You just embarrassed yourself.

Edit:

Btw, you proved you aren't worth anyone's time. You will forgive me for calling you out in the future to save other people your trouble.
Last edited by Natharias on Jul 27, 2016, 10:48:02 PM
"
Natharias wrote:

I've never said life is cheaper.

"
Natharias wrote:
"
kalkas wrote:
Yes, I know you never said that,

Dear god. Natharias proving himself wrong? To what level of Pettiness Hell has this thread even sunk?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 28, 2016, 12:10:19 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:

ya its a perfectly viable endgame arc build. 7k life with a lightning coil and a saffells frame is a very sturdy all around defense setup, burn prolif is insane at clearing packs and then you 1 shot the boss. Foxtactics is always trying to make a char do as much content with as little effort as possible, he spent months tinkering with that thing. Its one of the more unusual arcs hes come up with over the years.

Im in his guild, he doesnt play standard league so I have our trove of arc gears from the last 2 years of leagues weve run. Lots of coils and cloaks etc, as we did back then. This is my arc build in standard league atm. Its not rly a setup youd advise anyone to follow, its ar+es+life because... why not? that simple really. Shes a pampered little snowflake princess witch who pulls together aspects because she can with absolutely no regard for cost efficiency or even clear speed. But its a more than viable high level mapping character.

Occultist // Arc

Life + Armour + Energy Shield

http://plays.tv/video/56ff513c881be9c922/arc-occult-hybrid

thats a slightly older video now, we got a lvl or 2 since then and a new shield skin (lol), but you get the idea. Thing with arc is its streaky, really low lowend damage, really high highend, when you add crit to that the potential damage range per hit is vast. I love it though personally, my favourite spell.
Sure it's viable, but skill itself probably isn't the best mechanically. I played my templar as Arc, it was a while back tho. Build was life + MoM, non-crit. I had somewhere around 8-9k ehp and 40k dps. It cleared maps ok-ish, but single target was horrendous.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Jul 28, 2016, 2:23:33 AM
"
adghar wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

I've never said life is cheaper.

"
Natharias wrote:
"
kalkas wrote:
Yes, I know you never said that,

Dear god. Natharias proving himself wrong? To what level of Pettiness Hell has this thread even sunk?

Man, it's been like, what, 20 minutes since I read the post? I'm still laughing.

@Natharias
If you only had a bit less rage inside you...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info