Need help with two belts and acquiring them

How much would a Heavy or Leather belt with tier 1 life and armor prefixes, and tier 1 fire/cold/lightning resistances cost?

I had initially assumed that such belts would be available in Standard, but apparently they either don't sell (cause they are kept) or they sell so quickly the times I check none are ever up.
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2016, 12:00:02 AM
"
Natharias wrote:
How much would a Heavy or Leather belt with tier 1 life and armor prefixes, and tier 1 fire/cold/lightning resistances cost?

probably 1 mirror and a 40+ exalt mirror fee, unless you are asking how much it would be to craft one yourself, in which case I have no idea, 100s upon 100s of exalts. If there are none up for mirroring that would suggest no one has actually been crazy enough to find out.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

probably 1 mirror and a 40+ exalt mirror fee, unless you are asking how much it would be to craft one yourself, in which case I have no idea, 100s upon 100s of exalts. If there are none up for mirroring that would suggest no one has actually been crazy enough to find out.

A mirror for a fucking belt with five tier 1 mods?
The owner of a 'fucking belt with five tier 1 mods' (the original, not mirrored) would probably want at least 500ex for it, because he would lose mirror fees for it. As Snorkle said, he would be charging at least 40ex to copy it for someone (plus the Mirror, obviously)
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Last edited by TúrinTurambar on Jul 24, 2016, 5:03:24 PM
T1 rolls are exceedingly rare. Also, belts need to be ilvl 84 to roll T1 res, so this means that the only way to get these belts is from rares and uniques in T15 maps.

Here's some maths to help you understand why you would definitely want to offer mirror services on that belt if you got one.

If you assume that each suffix type has the same likelihood, then the chance of getting a tri-res belt is:
1/220.
(12 suffixes, (12 choose 3) = 220)

If you assume that each tier is equally likely within a suffix type (T1 rolls are probably less likely, but let's pretend they aren't.), then the chance of getting all 3 res rolls to be T1 is:
1/512.
(8 tiers for res, 8^3 = 512).

So on average, you would need to use (220x512) = 112640 Chaos Orbs just to get a belt with three T1 res rolls.

Obviously the chance of also rolling T1 life and Armour is basically zero, so what you would do here is use "Suffixes cannot be changed", then probably scour and exalt until you got a T1 life or armour roll. At that point, you have to decide if you want to go all in - how many exalts do you have? Probably just one more exalt, then mastercraft the missing prefix and be done with it.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I can understand that for a league or hardcore, but for Standard?

Jesus. I might just start playing temporary leagues.
"
Natharias wrote:

I mean, it's "cheaper" but you in a temp league you have to get that currency in a 3-month span while gearing your character to be able to farm for it.

As someone who has told me, anyways, that it takes "10 maps of farming" for you to Chrome your items, not sure if that would be reasonable for you.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
"
Natharias wrote:

I mean, it's "cheaper" but you in a temp league you have to get that currency in a 3-month span while gearing your character to be able to farm for it.

As someone who has told me, anyways, that it takes "10 maps of farming" for you to Chrome your items, not sure if that would be reasonable for you.

You really don't want to start that kind of personal shit buddy.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
"
Natharias wrote:

You really don't want to start that kind of personal shit buddy.

Those are your words though?

I don't really get it. You claim that you are poor, that GGG hates you and gives you poor RNG, that you don't have resources.

So you're gonna tell me, that you're going to a new temp league with no items, and try to afford a 5t1 Belt in that league?

I guess.

If you are in such a bad economic state anyways, learn to lower your expectations.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"

Those are your words though?

I don't really get it. You claim that you are poor, that GGG hates you and gives you poor RNG, that you don't have resources.

So you're gonna tell me, that you're going to a new temp league with no items, and try to afford a 5t1 Belt in that league?

I guess.

If you are in such a bad economic state anyways, learn to lower your expectations.

Oh, really? And where did I say "GGG hates me"?

Oh, wait, I never did.

What I did say, is that GGG has problems and I sometimes hate GGG. I've also gone so far as to claim GGG has a problem with me, but I doubt they actually do. They likely think I'm just one of their worst players.

I also never said I'd go to a temp league and try to get an already impossible item there. I'd love for you to point that out, cause you'd have to make it up. The posts are here for everyone.

What I did say is "fuck that 5 tier-1 mod belt, I may very well start leaguing".

0/10 troll.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info