I kinda did something

Right, if that's the case Spark would have around 50 units/s, and that means we need 100% inc projectile speed for it to hit max range in 1,5s.

I'll test it anyway, I suppose, doesn't hurt to be sure.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 25, 2016, 11:04:32 AM
"
raics wrote:
Right, if that's the case Spark would have around 50 units/s, and that means we need 100% inc projectile speed for it to hit max range in 1,5s.

I'll test it anyway, I suppose, doesn't hurt to be sure.

Yeah, go ahead. That relationship isn't well established at all.
"
I would also not use life leech support gem for such build, but it is your decision, if you feel you need it..

Life leech is in use because of the Eldritch Battery-Mind over Matter-Ghost Reaver combo. Without it I cant sustain my mana costs, since all of my actual mana is reserved

I play mostly selffound (I cant play too much and I dont use trade to make currency so yeah Im poor) and yes my jewelry is rather bad. As soon as I farmed some currency ill see what I can get.

I get 10% projectile speed from the tree and another 20% if I get my hands on a quality spark.
That would be 30% out of 100%. If it isnt too important anymore who cares but ill see if I can get a bit more somewhere.
You should probably try getting your sparks to travel the maximum 150 units, be it through 100% projectile speed, 30% speed + 50% duration or some other combination. By default they travel only half that distance.

You can try winds of change gloves if you don't mind the move speed penalty, those are cheap.

Last edited by raics on Jul 25, 2016, 3:06:24 PM
well as OP said his character suffers now from having too low crit chance. So in this case Id consider crit chance gem to be more important. Sparks hit most of the targets in the first half of their life span anyways.

"
Life leech is in use because of the Eldritch Battery-Mind over Matter-Ghost Reaver combo. Without it I cant sustain my mana costs, since all of my actual mana is reserved

It is your desig, and the chars probably relies on that, what I wanted to say is that support gems are the best sources of damage and coverage so I usually try to avoid using resource management support gems in my main setup
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Interesting, it seems I misunderstood the patch notes. From my testing it seems sparks will disappear after getting more than 150 units from the place they started from (instead of from you like pre-nerf), not after traveling 150 units. If you release them in a small room they will bounce around until they run the full spell duration regardless of the amount of projectile speed and duration.

Also, their base speed does seem to be around 50 units per second, based on frame-by-frame measurements I did on Elreon's hideout tiles.

So, it's good news, no need to bother too much with calculating the optimal amount of projectile speed and duration, just get as much of both as you can easily stack. Overstacking it won't be wasted indoors but it will still be a bit pointless in open areas, also, duration passives aren't a must anymore.

Last edited by raics on Jul 25, 2016, 6:07:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info