Need advice on how to leech back mana for my build

Right now I'm using Eldritch Battery and Zealot's oath to support a 6L skill that costs 77 mana for each attack. I have approx 3 attacks per second. I reserve all my mana with auras (100% of it exactly).
Turns out I need the health regen and I don't want to use EB anymore. There's no way I'll get enough mana regen to support the cost of the skill, so somehow I need to leech the mana. I cannot switch out any of the gems in the 6L for mana leech, the supports are too important. Even if I did use mana leech, missed attacks still wouldn't leech and I would find myself unable to use the ability.
That's my biggest issue. Missing attacks. If I miss an attack I can't leech back any damage so I run out of mana and I can't use my ability. I want to be able to leech mana in a way so that I can always cast my 6l skill even if I miss. Another issue is that I do no physical damage, only elemental.
Anyone super smart here can think of a way that I can spam a 6L 77 cost skill with no mana regen and only elemental damage with less then 100% accuracy?
IGN Sikler
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2016, 12:58:52 PM
What the hell. Which skill has 77 mana cost on a 6l without blood magic? Even cyclone cant be that high.

-get more accuracy if it feels like shit, there is no other way around. In the past 1800 used to be perceived as minimum for endgame, not sure if it is still correct
-get more mana leech
-get more damage
-blood magic is always an option when nothing else works
-vaal clarity is good for boss fights

Oh, one more thing. Try to swap support gems for the alternatives with less %mana multiplier (for example, elemental focus instead of weapon elemental damage)
Last edited by raxleberne on Jul 24, 2016, 9:00:08 AM
Mana potion

"
Resolute Technique is a keystone passive skill that will raise the chance to hit to 100%, ignoring all accuracy and evasion stats of the attacker and defender respectively, at the cost of reducing the attacker's global critical strike chance to 0%.

accuracy bonuses on gear tree

warlord's mark

mana regen from tree
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 24, 2016, 9:31:15 AM
Honest question to those who answered: Do you really think this poster will listen to your suggestions? He's backed himself into a corner with rigid opposition to pretty much any solution.
If yoa reserve 100% of your mana, your only option is blood magic.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
There are quite a few solutions to your problem mate.

-Blood Magic Gem. If you can put it in your 6l it will do the job, and your accuracy doesnt hinder it.

Now the more specific ones :

-If you are using a MELEE skill and can use it/afford it then the Soultaker Unique axe will allow you to keep hitting no matter how much mana you got reserved. Mind you that it will only allow melee attacks to be used so anything else (like warcries, self-cast curses) are still a problem to cast if you have 100% mana reserved.

-Hezmana's 2h Axe allows your every ATTACK skill be supported with blood magic.

-If you are either ranged or melee and you have some extra points to spent the Essence Sap cluster near the ranger area will pretty much allow you to support any ATTACK skill no matter what, cause it scales for both physical and elemental attacks. Note that in order to first use your skill you must have the amount needed (in your case 77mana) unreserved (in other words that notable will do nothing if you have 100% mana reserved).

-Lavianga's Spirit is a unique mana flask from Domination and Nemesis leagues, if you happen to own one or find it through the zana's map mode then it can help you sustain your skill since it gives : Your Skills have no Mana Cost during Flask effect

-Using automated curses (blasphemy, curse on hit, vaal coruptions etc). Warlords mark grants 2% Life AND Mana leech, Poacher's Mark grants Mana On Hit but only with ATTACKS. If your attacks are elemental then both work.

-Picking Reduced mana cost nodes from the tree. You can actually get 51% reduced mana cost from the tree alone, heavily reducing the cost you have to pay to use skills. It requires quite the investment if you are not near those nodes though. Furthermore if you happen to be a Templar you can can reach 101% and 151% reduced mana cost of skills, making eveyrething free.

-Get reduced mana reserved nodes, so that you actually have some mana to spend, you can then use low level clarity with some mana regen from the tree + your gear. It will be hard though since at 77mana per use and almost 3uses per second you need 240mana regen which will be quite hard to get without some decent investment.

Check those at tell me if you find any possible solution. If not im sure im missing something. Have in mind that if you reserve 100% of your mana, mana leech wont do anything cause you dont actually have mana to even use your skill even once.

EDIT : -A combination of the above.

-Using simple mana flasks (you still need to somehow NOT reserve 100% of your mana)

EDIT 2 : Yes ofcourse how could i have forgotten. You can also CRAFT Elreon signature jewellery (rings and amulets) with -8 mana cost of skills being the best roll. It would greatly decrease the cost.

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Jul 24, 2016, 10:56:07 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Honest question to those who answered: Do you really think this poster will listen to your suggestions? He's backed himself into a corner with rigid opposition to pretty much any solution.

Kinda gotta agree there, he sounds pretty unreasonably stubborn for his situation. "I cannot switch out any of the gems in the 6L for mana leech, the supports are too important"... a 6L is never necessary for 99.9% of content, you can afford to swap out a gem.

That being said, swapping it out for mana leech probably isn't the way to go... if you're eating mana that fast, your max leech rate (+natural regen) probably can't keep up, and against single targets it'd be even worse (because you'll be nowhere near your max leech rate against them). Even factoring in a reduced cost by removing a 'weak' support gem for the 100% mana multiplier of mana leech, that'd still be like 60 mana per attack, 180 mana per second, and your max leech rate is probably around 160ish even if you have a lot of intelligence. Better off using blood magic, or possibly a reduced mana support + attack mana leech from the tree (assuming your damage actually is attack damage, and not explosive arrow).

"
raxleberne wrote:
What the hell. Which skill has 77 mana cost on a 6l without blood magic? Even cyclone cant be that high.

The three that pop into my head are E-hit (which seems doubtful, cuz... well, it's E-hit), Flicker (which seems doubtful, cuz he's only at 3 attacks per second... my Marohi flicker goes faster than that), or Explosive Arrow (which seems most likely).

And cyclone's cost isn't really that high on a per-attack basis... it's only a base of like 12. The reason cyclone eats up the mana/life is because of how rapidly it's re-used compared to most attacks.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 24, 2016, 12:04:57 PM
Yeah quitting this game might be the only advice he would accept.
Don't know which of your exiles you are talking about thus I don't know if your build goes anywhere into the bottom of the passive tree but I use the Spirit Leech keystone passive for mana leech and faster mana recharging. If you are really mana starved then you'll have to give up an aura and use Clarity aura.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
There are also ascendancy passives that might help with his situation.

But he really sounds like he's not really going to take any advise. Since he already set his build in stone pretty much.

It's like saying...

"I want to have Chaos Inoculation so I am immune to all chaos damage, but I also want to use EB because I need the mana to use my skills, but I also don't want to die in 1 hit. I also HAVE TO reserve 100% of my mana no matter what. I am not going to change my passive pathing, and I am not going to swap out any items I am already using. And no I also don't want to use warlord's mark because other auras are more dps. My skills are also linked to 6L and none of the gems can be altered, if you guys cant help me then fuck off and don't waste my time".

The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info