lacerate slayer

I'd been using Cleave on my WoE Gladiator, with Dual Strike for bosses, and thought I'd give Lacerate a go. Really didn't like it that much, it just felt weird to use. The sound and visual effects felt like I was waving a piece of paper. The wider arc is much narrower than Cleave, and I also found the single target central arc to be a bit lacklustre, and not much aiming feedback. Not enough AoE for groups, not enough damage for bosses.

Overall, I still prefer Cleave for groups and DS for bosses, and for the most part I can even live with Cleave for everything if I can't be bothered swapping gems.
I've tried sticking Lacerate on my existing characters, and it just felt very underwhelming. However, I put it on a new character that builds a lot of Attack Speed, and Lacerate has felt a lot better. So, speaking only from experience and none from logic or wisdom, you'll need Attack Speed for Lacerate for some reason or another. I'm guessing it's because of the built in speed penalty, which causes more speed to be needed to feel good? I don't know.

The value I have found in Lacerate is pseudo-ranged that can benefit from melee and area modifiers, and doesn't convert phys to elemental. Otherwise, Lacerate will probably feel sub optimal (but still an option if you build attack speed apparently).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 24, 2016, 10:04:02 PM

Not really the best weapon for Lacerate, but it does balance out with more AoE and still getting a decent amount of damage. It is even more amazing using it as Slayer with all the crazy life leech and along with even more AoE from killing.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

So what gem link to setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info