Notes on Pale Council fight. Mostly for myself, partly for others.

Those tomes HURT. No amount of flasks of Grounding will help me there. Just... stay away from them. Away.

Even at 1% Chaos Resistance, 36% with Flask, Eber's degen game is too strong. Pack your Stone Golem and Vitality aura! Run them both, or you, GenericShadowWarrior, will die.

Flask refilling is waaay not good enough with just no-AoE Lacerate. GenericShadowWarrior, you are not a Flaskfinder! You will have to be able to defeat them without relying on your flasks. So, again... BRING YOUR STONE GOLEM AND VITALITY AURA!

Must practice visual recognition of Pale Council members so I can spend less time wondering "where's my target?" and more time winning.

Spoiler
Just beat 'em for the first time! (My first run was a fail. Yes, I could have called someone in to help. No, I do not want to stray from solo play.

Yay me!

Next stop... DEATHLESS!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 23, 2016, 11:43:45 PM
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2016, 1:31:24 PM
The missing ")" in the spoiler somehow REALLY bothers me... where did it go? Did it meat up with ":"? We will never know...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
So how much dps i need to kill them, on PHC,
also, how much life i need, also block ? spell block?

What type of damage they mostly do ?
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
"
Lordemore wrote:
So how much dps i need to kill them, on PHC,
also, how much life i need, also block ? spell block?

The usual answers: as much as you can realistically get.

"
Lordemore wrote:
What type of damage they mostly do ?

All of it. All the damage. Those guys do not play.
As adghar said, the main source of damage in the fight is spike damage from the lightning tome, and degen chaos damage. The main issue with the fight is that you can't tell where the tome is, or where the chaos damage is, or pretty much anything, since the whole screen is just a mess of purple. I have killed them in SC, but I would want to practice a *lot* more before even attempting the fight in HC.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Book and whisper guy do electrical.
Eber does chaos.
Undead chick does cold.
Bow guys does fire maybe some phys.

That is my best guess. The book does some damage, but I think the shocking ground is worse.

Eber seems to use a skill that looks like lightning tendrils, but is chaos. Don't stand in his chaos "trap" either. It looks like Malachai's phys Degen bombs and will hurt.

Don't stand next to the guys while they are in their circles. They attack you but you can't hurt them.

Oi, someone bumped this thread from the semi-dead!

I've tried the fight one more since then, and failed to do it deathless, despite switching to a regen-based setup for the whole fight. To be honest, at 2% chaos resist and on a regen based setup, Eber wasn't a problem. However, the tomes/shocked ground continued to be a problem. I died 2 times in the fight. Once was a pure tome burst that I didn't notice (it wasn't technically a one shot as I saw my life and es at some value between 100 and 0 for maybe 200 ms before I splurfed). The second was totally bs as my flask wasn't working and lag killed me.*

Fourth time's the charm. If and when I accumulate enough keys again, I definitely want to put on a Cannot be Shocked piece of equipment, probably Fairgraves' Tricorne, but then I'll have an issue capping my resists. Maybe Purity of Elements, but that will cut into my defense and/or dps....

*offtopic
yes, for those of you stalking me, this DOES mean I embarrassed myself with a hilariously wrong declaration of my victory over my router in general discussion. Who would have thought going from 80 attached devices to 3 attached devices STILL wouldn't fix your lag problems?

Edit: some things I wanted to say but forgot to. Agree with dudiobugtron on visibility issue - I blame any part of my first death not attributable to l2p to the fact that everything is purple. Also, when I say that tomes are what kills me, I'm including shocked ground in that analysis. Because the tomes are what's spreading the shocked ground, right? All 3 times I've tried so far, I haven't seen any shocked ground that wasn't created by tomes. But I very well could be blinded by bias (and purple). See also: Natharias who says he knows his shit and uses his superior game knowledge to help new players adamantly disagreed with lead game developer Mark_GGG on the visuals of Blade Vortex. If he can't see things as they are, how could I possibly see things ad they are?

Would likely need video evidence or dev confirmation to support my conjecture that Tomes and Shocked Ground are 1 to 1 relationship (IFF) in the Pale Council fight
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Aug 4, 2016, 7:57:36 PM
Go for some Brinerot Whalers. Immunity to shocked ground, which is supposed to be one of the big killers in that fight.

Man, Warbands stuff hasn't been this easy to get in a temp league since the temp league was Warbands. Warbands stuff thick on the ground, twenty-chaos insta-5Ls, piles of updated uniques that actually have a point, bunch of random spice in whatever maps I end up running...I am praying every single day that Navali sticks around post-Prophecy.
"
1453R wrote:
Go for some Brinerot Whalers. Immunity to shocked ground, which is supposed to be one of the big killers in that fight.

Man, Warbands stuff hasn't been this easy to get in a temp league since the temp league was Warbands. Warbands stuff thick on the ground, twenty-chaos insta-5Ls, piles of updated uniques that actually have a point, bunch of random spice in whatever maps I end up running...I am praying every single day that Navali sticks around post-Prophecy.

good idea to bring that warband unique. that and good regen/chaos resist should go along way no?
Can't take credit for the idea, read it in a few folks' build guides as "Way to make the Pale Council fight suck less". I've only ever managed to fight them once, I CANNOT get Navali to give me Feral Flippin' Flammin' Lord prophecies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info