Trial Balloon - Hierophant, Bladefall Mines, Low Life + Zealot's Oath + The Oak

I was thinking of this combination for my next character. Haven't found any builds like this, so thought I would post here for any feedback before I start.

Concept:
Spoiler

- The problem with bladefall mines can be the high mana cost. Solved with Hierophant.
- Take the already high damage of bladefall mines and add MORE damage from Pain Attunement.
- Using a totem to trigger mines can be a little clunky; faster placement and the ability to drop more totems as you advance could be a good quality of life improvement. (I like the idea of using the Hierophant in a way nobody else seems to be using.)
- Run all auras off life to make the most of Mind Over Matter.
- Low life + Zealot's Oath + The Oak could give a regen rate of 13% of 11k, in the area of 1430/sec, which seems crazy tankish.

Skill Tree (Something like this)

Ascendancy Hierophant
- Divine Guidance, Sanctuary of Thought (the mana and ES path)
- Pursuit of Faith, Ritual of Awakening (the totem path)

Bandits = Alira, Oak, kill

Uniques
Helm - Heretic's Veil
Chest - Shavronne's or Solaris
Shield - The Oak
Weapon - Heart Breaker

Gems

Bladefall + Remote Mine Support, Minefield, Trap and Mine Damage, Concentrated Effect, Controlled Destruction*

Detonate Mines + Spell Totem Support, Increased Duration, Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance

Discipline, Clarity + Blood Magic

Temp Chains + Spell Totem (in Heretic's Veil)

Flame Dash

Smoke Mine (for boxes)

There's room for more, I'm not sure what. Boot, Shield and Weapon are empty slots.

* I find Bladefall kills so fast, poison doesn't add much. I've tried it with Bino's + Poison, but didn't feel it cleared any faster. Heart Breaker and Pain Attunement work's like a psuedo eight link.

Thanks for your feedback in advance. A link to a similar build would be cool.
Last edited by Necrobotanist on Jul 22, 2016, 7:19:53 PM
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2016, 12:55:45 AM
- Chaos Inoculation = 1/1 life = 100% life, so no low-life, no pain attunement
- you can't run auras off life if you are CI because you have 1 life and it's non-reservable

Can't use mind over matter with Energy shield.
Mind Over Matter dosen't work with Energy Shield, but only with life.
Chaos Inoculation dosen't work life being low-life. Use the keystone or reserve life and wear a Shavronne's.
Playing Mines without Cleaver Construction, and without that much +% Laying Speed ? It seems a little risky, slow, and dangerous :/

But I like the idea, I'm currently building a Bladefall Miner too x)
- Super Saltyajin God -
I'm planning to use Intuitive Leap to get past CI to the good nodes.

If I understand correctly, the MOM would be behind the ES as a kind of backstop. Actually I'm thinking now it shouldn't be necessary.

I have been playing with mines on a Juggernaut. Volatile Mines makes the mines explode instantly, so Clever Construction is unnecessary.

I am finding a much faster mine laying and clear speed with the Tremor Rod. But then you would loose the regen of Oak. So I'm thinking maybe if you had mine laying speed on a number of gems...
It might seem unintuitive, but do not get mana scaling with sanctuary of thought. Just increase value of int and mana (which you shouldnt need anymore at all though) because it gives flat ES. Here is an explanation that made me pretty salty from GGG.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647563
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Jul 28, 2016, 6:57:23 AM
"
Necrobotanist wrote:
I'm planning to use Intuitive Leap to get past CI to the good nodes.

If I understand correctly, the MOM would be behind the ES as a kind of backstop. Actually I'm thinking now it shouldn't be necessary.

I have been playing with mines on a Juggernaut. Volatile Mines makes the mines explode instantly, so Clever Construction is unnecessary.

I am finding a much faster mine laying and clear speed with the Tremor Rod. But then you would loose the regen of Oak. So I'm thinking maybe if you had mine laying speed on a number of gems...

Intuitive leap doesn't reach those nodes from the mana jewwel socket, I've tried... Well not that last node, the best one
Last edited by Drevvska on Jul 29, 2016, 12:55:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info