How to revive broken economy ?

Standard (not HC) economy is just flooded by items (especially lower tier ones). Because of this most of the stuff becomes worthless. How to fight this and support trade activity?

I have simple solution ...

What´s the biggest difference between standard economy (IRL) and virtual rpg economy?
It´s the process in which all products wear off during time while using.

We can teach smth from the process and add "durability" to the game.

Most of the items (except gems and such) should have 100% durability when dropped but if you die while using it should loose a small amount of the durability.

I suggest to be:

1% durability lost in normal difficulty
2% in cruel
3% in merciless

This depletion should be permanent.
When item reach 0% durability it´s destroyed.
The only exception should be PvP (player vs player fight)
Ah and it won´t affect HC cos you won´t die anyway :)

example:

1. I have godly item (maybe mirrored one) What should I do to prevent this?
2. What should I do with nearly destroyed item ?

1. Don´t get killed too often or never (shouldn´t be problem for a skilled player with godly gear)
2. You can keep it as trophy item in stash, play PvP or sell it to PvPer
or ...
3. You can still fighting while wearing it, item gets destroyed so you need to buy new toy and so on ...

Destroyable items would return fresh air to trade.

It´s a bit controversial solution but would truly work.

What you guyes think about it?
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 22, 2016, 10:47:16 AM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2016, 5:52:11 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Would never happen.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
WORST... IDEA...EVER...

Do you really want players to loose their mirrored, legacy , league only, perfect rolls,ect... ? This would cause the biggest uproar you'll ever see on this forum.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jul 22, 2016, 11:09:11 AM
it will change entire game

----
Vaal orb is a good way to solve(done)
but corrupted items are still there
if those items can be combined then price of items will ↑↑
"
IceDeal wrote:
WORST... IDEA...EVER...

Do you really want players to loose their mirrored, legacy , league only, perfect rolls,ect... ? This would cause the biggest uproar you'll ever see on this forum.

This.

The op think people will want to farm again their mirror+300 exalt to get a new weapon?
Good luck keeping Standard players that way lol...and obviously this thread is about standard, a place people want to collect items, not loose them playing.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jul 22, 2016, 11:28:33 AM
If nothing it would bring fresh air and real challenge to the standard leagues.

"
goetzjam wrote:
Would never happen.

But you know Chris was talking about endgame content that changes everything :)

"
IceDeal wrote:
WORST... IDEA...EVER...

They would keep them as a trophy or for pvp or they shouldn´t die too often it´s simple.

Head_Less - not standard only but about softcore leagues

It would also add more balance to the game (some broken legacy would be for collecting/pvping only).

Btw how many players are in fact playing with trophies in all HC leagues and risk everything in one death? (my suggestion is just very light version of this)

Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 22, 2016, 12:11:29 PM
There is nothing wrong with the economy in standard. You just want to be able to sell worthless items. Gearing up is very cheap unless you want the best and rarest gear.

If a gear sink is needed, maybe they'll bring the 5 for 1 unique prophecy as a permanent mechanic.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Sometimes I feel that people delve so deep into discussions about economy, balance & power, that they forget this is still a video game and is meant to be enjoyable, not a pain in the ass.

@OP - why don't you make an arpg where items get destroyed permanently and see how people like like that?

"

Content changes the challenge and your builds, no ARPG to my knowledge has degradable items over time\uses, maybe d2 had some but you could get around it.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

"

Content changes the challenge and your builds, no ARPG to my knowledge has degradable items over time\uses, maybe d2 had some but you could get around it.

D2 Eth items are degradable (unless zodded or with specific affix) while using (not dying).

stalkingjackal - I would,.. why not, ... got some funds to spare?:)
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 22, 2016, 12:48:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info