I want to make a RF caster - need help

Hi all,

So i never ever done an RF build. I've seen many around over the years but I havent got around to makeing one, until now. Long story short I've made a burning arrow prolif marauder, even tho i like him and all, he is slow, like literally slow due to armor penalties. Also the clear speed could be better.
So i want to reuse the char to do a caster.

My questions are:
What would be a good skill to pair with RF ?
RF will not be my main source of damage - this is meant to be a support for main spell as well as defensive aura if mobs come to close to me.

So thought about it and there are few skills:
Firestormis quite an obvious choice
flameblast - i know it could work but i hate the skill
incinerate - seems logical as well
fireball - eeee..... yeah i know, but i love the good old fireball in the face
lastly flame surge - although its more of a single target spell the deeps it can do its insane (possible boss killer?)

What do u guys think??

oh btw here are the less important bits, like the tree, some gear i want to use ect:
Spoiler

tree i have planned:

gear i would like to use (ignore gems):
Spoiler

possible gem setup (I though about):
Spoiler

firestorm + fire pen + echo/increase aoe - slotted in mace so it gets iron will lvl 30
incinerate + lmp + echo/fire pen - slotted in the mace so it gets iron will lvl 30
fireball - lmp/gmp - echo/fire pen - slotted in the mace so it gets iron will lvl 30
flame surge - fire pen + echo/conc/increase aoe - slotted in the mace so it gets iron will lvl 30

purity of fire and vitality or anger or determination (maybe) - in 2 essence worms rings

RF - aoe - increase burning dmg - elemental focus (maybe, idk :/)

would really appriciate some feedback if I even going in the right direction, what could be changed
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jul 21, 2016, 7:20:29 AM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2016, 9:58:05 AM
I prefer to go pure righteous fire just because if u focus on both u gonna cripple both your spell damage as well as RF damage. If u intend to use kaoms heart + those uniques u mention is gonna be tough to overcap your resists. Incinerate doenst work with spell echo and on fire resistance maps u gonna spent half an hour to kill certain rares. Jewels are extremly good and u didnt pick em . Take elemental overload u dont crit anyway . Take elemental equilibrium if u wanna focus on RF damage or u gonna use flameblast. A solid RF build is gonna be much more better that a hibrid. Anyway best of luck.
"
Caldoni wrote:
I prefer to go pure righteous fire just because if u focus on both u gonna cripple both your spell damage as well as RF damage. If u intend to use kaoms heart + those uniques u mention is gonna be tough to overcap your resists. Incinerate doenst work with spell echo and on fire resistance maps u gonna spent half an hour to kill certain rares. Jewels are extremly good and u didnt pick em . Take elemental overload u dont crit anyway . Take elemental equilibrium if u wanna focus on RF damage or u gonna use flameblast. A solid RF build is gonna be much more better that a hybrid. Anyway best of luck.

thank for the feedback.

Although you are most likely right and RF on its own would be supreme, I do want to make a caster that uses the massive boost RF gives.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Hello fellow Exile,

You can try the Chieftain Strength RF caster build (life base) :
Tree :
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRAecD1gSzBg4Gwwn2C2EMXw0fDc0TpRQgFE0VUBhWGJEZLho4Gj4cpxzOHNwm8ycvJ-0rUC3SMfsy0TWSOtg64TwFPCg8LT38QYdFR0WdUEdTUlOlVkhXDVhjXz9mVGhlaHRo8moeajt2rHwOffV_44IHgpuDX4PMhXuMz48akFWRzpZsmjua4Jy-ns2fy5_fogCmV6ajpwinMK2Nr2yvp7c-uX677byfvWDAZsQVxFjE9sYExq7G2M9-0iHUfNgk2L3ZYdl82mLr7uw47w7vfPAf8i_yQfJF85v2SPno_Ev-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=Rowlav5&characterName=Kanruy

> Lot of life
> High Regen
> Ridiculous amount of damage
> Cheap gear

You will need :
> Rise of the phoenix
> Doon Ceyubiari
> Strength gear
> Alberon's warpath 18%

I play it the way you want RF to be : defensive layout and spell boosting. The synergy comes from increased overdamage with Doon ceyubiari & Iron Will (330% increased damage from gem & weapon) that applies to RF & your spell.

Current links are :
RF - Elemental Focus - Incr AoE - Conc Effect
FireStorm - Iron Will - Faster Casting - Fire Pen - Controlled Destruction

You can also watch zenocide think fire video, he goes through the whole thing from scratch to build.
IGN - Nyakudaren
Cheap Map Drop Seller
I buy your 2 chaos for 1 chaos, I sell 1 chaos for 2 chaos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info