How to slow down the Clear-Speed Meta

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Everyone would play elementalist and slayer.

and use this

and in the end nothing would change
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Everyone would play elementalist and slayer.

and use this

and in the end nothing would change

Well in the end everyone would be forced into those classes and that item, instead of the vast diversity that Ascendancy Classes introduced.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
@Rakiii

I dont think you understand the purpose of investing into links 1 bit at all or the goal of links in PoE in general. Then again I don't think it really matters because GGG would never basically completely ruin the linking system by making support gems worst and by removing the need to invest into links.

Never say never ...

from Q@A: (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1696913)

There has been some discussion on the subreddit recently about the range of effects support gems have, and the limitation of choice when it comes to them. Some argue that in its current state, choosing support gems is primarily a min-maxing of damage multipliers to eke out the most dps. They would prefer little or no damage multipliers on support gems, in favor of only unique effects one had to choose between. what are your thoughts on this, and are you against this large of an overhaul to a core game mechanic?

While this is a noble goal, it would only work if there were enough support gems that affected the skills in interesting, non-damage ways. We have a lot already for some skill types, but less so for others. In addition, a popular way of designing support gems is to penalise the skill in some way but provide a damage boost. Then character who can ignore that penalty can use the support gem as a free damage boost.

The issue you raise about such a large overhaul is a big issue. While we're not scared of changing major systems, every single character in the game would be affected by something as large as this, so we'd absolutely have to know that it's more fun.

The underlined reason alone would be why it wouldn't happen. They have no way and would have no way to know it would be more fun.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I think that the problem in slowing clear speed is that bashing same rare mob for 15 secs is too static and boring, while clearing enemies with all on kill effects and encountering different mobs each screen looks way more interesting and engaging, but in the end it also gets boring because of little challenge, also one shots from mobs to counter clear speed is not a solution.

So basically i believe that fighting mobs should be also made fun, and not just killing them. It could be done with something like injury and debuffing system. I will throw two of examples-

new zombies- after each 10% lost health they have 33% chance to lose a limb or chunk of flesh as a result making them less resilient or less effective in combat.

armored enemies like blackguards could also lose shields after x hits or x% lost health and armor piece or off hand weapon and as a result becoming weaker.

making such mobs, players gets some more interesting combat before killing them, but that's not enough since it will always happen regardless of the player input, so some extended combat system from player's side would be also interesting. Currently there are such debuffs- x% to maim, hinder, taunt, there could be more of them and they also could be conditional. For example- knocking back- when you colide mob to other mob they have 40% chance to receive stun and they lose additional 50% of your hit's damage, in this way you could use living mobs as a weapon and so on.

Maybe after making these changes- making combat as interesting as killing if not more- it wouldn't be hurtful to slow down game speed in sense of game attractivity and enjoyment.
MS cap and make restriction for any MS skill

/thread
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Gaza wrote:
Bring back reflect auras.

A large amount of the current meta is that you can offscreen things with zero risk. Reflect Auras give you something you have to play around, and by reintroducing them, you make it so that people have to actually look out for things.

People keep saying that melee is worthless and bow builds keep getting better... melee can control how many things they kill that are reflecting, bow users can too... if they can see them... force bow builds to be limited to the screen rather than further away.

This is a great idea, finally we found a way to loose another 20-40% of the playerbase! 10/10
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Gaza wrote:

A large amount of the current meta is that you can offscreen things with zero risk. Reflect Auras give you something you have to play around, and by reintroducing them, you make it so that people have to actually look out for things.

People keep saying that melee is worthless and bow builds keep getting better... melee can control how many things they kill that are reflecting, bow users can too... if they can see them... force bow builds to be limited to the screen rather than further away.

This is a great idea, finally we found a way to loose another 20-40% of the playerbase! 10/10

if its 20-40% of playerbase who enjoys mindlessly killing shit at the pace not even d3 goes (well, last time I checked on d3 anyway) and not watching for the very few dangerous situations left in the game, then by golly, I'll be jumping for joy if they leave.

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
MS cap and make restriction for any MS skill

/thread

no MS nerf alone is not enough

MS + MS skills
AOE
Damage in general and more multipliers
Double dipping on most dots
Ascendancy node power

all need to be nerfed

Higher HP mobs
Way of soft capping DPS (reflect works)
More intricate, nonhomogenous damage sources

need to be introduced

and even then, Im not quite sure we'd be in a good place from my viewpoint
"
grepman wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Gaza wrote:

if its 20-40% of playerbase who enjoys mindlessly killing shit at the pace not even d3 goes (well, last time I checked on d3 anyway) and not watching for the very few dangerous situations left in the game, then by golly, I'll be jumping for joy if they leave.

I wonder if you still jump when the servers go offline because there are not enough players left to pay the bills?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:

I wonder if you still jump when the servers go offline because there are not enough players left to pay the bills?

ah we get to the classic 'sell out' argument employed by anyone who supports selling out.

eat while compromising integrity, or starve while not compromising integrity

yeah, my choice is the latter - any day of the week, twice on sunday. rather die with my balls than live with them cut off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info