How to slow down the Clear-Speed Meta

With anything related to slowing clear speed I agree, so +1 for me.
"
welp. you just opened a pandora's box.

reflect won't work anyway. it'll only pigeonhole speedrunners to totem/trap builds.

And chaos damage.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Everyone would play elementalist and slayer.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
One way to slow the meta is to make all enemies release tar :) Remember that Act 1 area that used to have enemies that produced Tar? Everyone loved it!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 21, 2016, 12:29:52 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Only the mindless sheep would herd mindlessly.
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

According to your join dote you weren't even around for the old reflect aura. But surely you know better then people playing this game for many many years.

The old reflect aura doesn't fit with the things added to this game, like farshot, nerfing of ondars, ect.

Bow characters aren't even really the fastest clearspeed anyway. When is the last time you saw a bow gorge speedrun clear? I saw like a 1 min coc shield charge clear last week.

"only the people that don't want to die reflect would play the classes that essentially make you immune to it"

Great fucking logic.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

According to your join dote you weren't even around for the old reflect aura. But surely you know better then people playing this game for many many years.

The old reflect aura doesn't fit with the things added to this game, like farshot, nerfing of ondars, ect.

Bow characters aren't even really the fastest clearspeed anyway. When is the last time you saw a bow gorge speedrun clear? I saw like a 1 min coc shield charge clear last week.

"only the people that don't want to die reflect would play the classes that essentially make you immune to it"

Great fucking logic.

People would be forced to 'think' proper strategy. Just because you have a poor understanding of the game mechanics in PoE, it doesn't mean that the game should be dumbed down mechanically to suit.

The AoE + glass cannon speed meta needs to be toned down. It's time for the return of reflect.
I agree, the clear speed meta is getting quite annoying, Reflect should be turned back into an aura as others have said, so those guys just zooming through as fast as possible without looking at anything can once again one shot themselves on large packs, thus forcing them to slow down a tad and actually look at monster modifiers.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Clueless people commenting on how the reflect aura as a good thing.

Good times.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Clueless people commenting on how the reflect aura as a good thing.

Good times.

Clueless people commenting on how the reflect aura is a bad thing.

Better times.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info