Flameblast shenanigans

I have some qiestions :

1. I love how this build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633639 uses Fortify setup and a lot of curses. Can I somehow effectively utilize same Whirling Blades + Fortify with Flameblast oriented Passive skill tree and Gear like in this guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625901 or I will never be as tanky as aforementioned Tri-Curse build and would not be able to afford closing gap between me and monsters?

2. Is there any other easy Fortify setup solutions for spellcasters?

3. Why in that Tri-Curse guide I linked above author sticked Blasphemy in Heretic's Veil?

4. Can I curse entire screen having my curses as Auras (with Carcass Jack and all passives - aoe should be insane) ?

5. What is most convinient levelling setup for flameblast? Is this still works really well ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhgKjfG9_s

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 1, 2016, 12:13:27 PM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2016, 7:46:54 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

3. Why in that Tri-Curse guide I linked above author sticked Blasphemy in Heretic's Veil?

For the 10% increased curse effectiveness that you get from the 20% quality (the natural level 22 blasphemy has 0 quality), which is always great but is _absolutely critical_ against hard map bosses, who have a "reduced curse effectiveness" modifier that stacks additively, not multiplicatively, against player "increased curse effectiveness" modifiers. If you could somehow hit 60% increased curse effectiveness then bosses would have to deal with exactly 100% of a curse's stated effectiveness.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 18, 2016, 2:45:21 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
2. Is there any other easy Fortify setup solutions for spellcasters?

Champion :)

Also, leap slam if you are using a mace. Also note you can keep a movement skill on your alternate weapon slot.

Maybe also frenzy if you want some charges and are pretty tanky.

"
4. Can I curse entire screen having my curses as Auras (with Carcass Jack and all passives - aoe should be insane) ?

Yeah, pretty much you can do this.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
HikaruYami, thanks for detailed asnwer! Then why use Heretic's Veil at all? It's pretty expensive (7ex last time I checked in Prophecy). Increased AOE from Veil's inherent Blasphemy stacks with Blasphemy gem? Or it's 12% less mana reserved and +2 level of curse gems totally worth it on their own?

How do you personally think, can I invest into curse effectiveness passives and still get insanely powerful Flameblast build with a lot of life at lvl 85 or somewhere at this level?

dudiobugtron, that's pretty informative post.

I want to run Elementalist for crazy damage, so OP permament Fortify is not for me atm. :(

I don't think using Mace will be good for me. Only Daggers or Wands. Preferably just wands. Alternating weapons is good idea but it's inconvinient. Frenzy is great skill but I still have to kick someone's ass with melee weapon and close distance with movement skill, so I will still have to use something like Lightning Warp.

Seems like best option will be using dagger (losing that cast speed bonus unfortunately) and classic setup with Whirling blades. Or just forget about Fortify. In the end of the day, that guy with Cheap Prolif Build took it to 99 lvl in Prophecy Hardcore League without Fortify. He used Cloak of Flames though while I want to use Jack...

Btw is this levelling setup still OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhgKjfG9_s ?

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jul 19, 2016, 3:28:14 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
HikaruYami, thanks for detailed asnwer! Then why use Heretic's Veil at all? It's pretty expensive (7ex last time I checked in Prophecy). Increased AOE from Veil's inherent Blasphemy stacks with Blasphemy gem? Or it's 12% less mana reserved and +2 level of curse gems totally worth it on their own?

How do you personally think, can I invest into curse effectiveness passives and still get insanely powerful Flameblast build with a lot of life at lvl 85 or somewhere at this level?

dudiobugtron, that's pretty informative post.

I want to run Elementalist for crazy damage, so OP permament Fortify is not for me atm. :(

I don't think using Mace will be good for me. Only Daggers or Wands. Preferably just wands. Alternating weapons is good idea but it's inconvinient. Frenzy is great skill but I still have to kick someone's ass with melee weapon and close distance with movement skill, so I will still have to use something like Lightning Warp.

Seems like best option will be using dagger (losing that cast speed bonus unfortunately) and classic setup with Whirling blades. Or just forget about Fortify. In the end of the day, that guy with Cheap Prolif Build took it to 99 lvl in Prophecy Hardcore League without Fortify. He used Cloak of Flames though while I want to use Jack...

Btw is this levelling setup still OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhgKjfG9_s ?

The 12% reduced mana reservation is, by itself, enough to let you run 3 curses, which is amazing. And the +2 to curse gem level is also great, since this build seems primarily occupied with giving you more effective curses.
HF
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jul 30, 2016, 12:38:58 PM
Bumped
Bump.

Elementalist. Atm I am not quite sattisfied with nor my damage nor my suravavability. Probably because gear and gem setup is far from optimal but I feel like standard Life setup will kinda suck compared to top builds desctructive capacity and survavability anyways. Flameblast looks, soulds and works so amazing - I want to make it as powerful as possible? Can I make it as strong as tanky as Coc Discharge and other insane builds?

1. Can i make something wonderful with CI, low life Shavs or even Blood Magic keystone with Flameblast?

2. How I can best utilize double or tri-curse with flameblast or this curse shenanigans are simply excessive?

3. Any awesome Vaal Flameblast builds or how to integrate it into my build? Best skill to get souls in this setup?

4. Other gear ideas for Flameblast with budget of 70 ex?
Not shocked to see 6L Carcass and 500 ES Shield already on this char. Only Level 75, gg.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Bump. 4 major Questions still need answers.

Saranghaeyo_, I keep my character's profiles open just for your reaction. xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info