Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
Demonoz wrote:

Trials for Uber lab..
I simply have no idea how a SSF player can stomic getting these without some serious RNG involved. They should have a mechanic where at the very least the more Trials you run the higher chances the ones you still have missing gain more chance to spawn.. Up to 100 after a certain threshold.

Actually that's already the case, though in a far smaller manner then it should be.
The spawn-rate of unfinished trials is higher then that of already finished ones, which doesn't solve the issue about those you haven't run still spawning as long as you're in the progress to try and unlock the lab.
This leads to situations where people reach lvl 90 and are uber-elder viable at times before the lab is unlocked... which is a bit ridiculous.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
Kulze wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

Trials for Uber lab..
I simply have no idea how a SSF player can stomic getting these without some serious RNG involved. They should have a mechanic where at the very least the more Trials you run the higher chances the ones you still have missing gain more chance to spawn.. Up to 100 after a certain threshold.

Actually that's already the case, though in a far smaller manner then it should be.
The spawn-rate of unfinished trials is higher then that of already finished ones, which doesn't solve the issue about those you haven't run still spawning as long as you're in the progress to try and unlock the lab.
This leads to situations where people reach lvl 90 and are uber-elder viable at times before the lab is unlocked... which is a bit ridiculous.

If that's the case this must have been changed since Abyss League if so. Abyss League was the last league i tried to self find all 6 trials and after nearly 50 Keys farmed or Trials done and hit level 91 and i was still missing one trial and just give up and hit up 820. Since then however every league i simply hit maps, Go straight to 820, and get all 6 within about 15-20 mins and just dont even bother. Before Abyss i always tried to self find my trials and typically would hit between 20-30 keys and again just give up on the last 1 to 2 trials. I think it was Essence League i hit 30 Keys and still needed 2 trials. Its definitely something that needs more none the less.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 17, 2019, 2:42:15 PM
GGG, you need to better address this issue of the horrible Labyrinth content being forced on people that don't like this horrible content. I've run out of space in the opening post. There is a 50,000 character limit per post. I initially hit that limit years ago. I separated the two lists and put the account name list on a Google site. I hit the 50,000 character limit again as the thread list kept growing and moved most of the lead up text to the thread list to the same Google site. Well, we've hit the 50,000 character limit again and I now have to delete the thread names from the oldest threads as I add new threads to the list. This is getting sadder.

GGG, how about you just fix this issue? Perhaps it is something that you could plan in say the big 4.0 release? I'm sure there is some great content being planned that would serve as a nice challenge for the ascendancy points reward? Please consider something along those lines. Thank you!

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
They thought about this and almost did it. Then they decided to just sell mtx instead. "We're in the money!"
So I guess it was announced at ExileCon that ascendancy points would no longer be locked behind the unliked (by many) lab content. See thread LAB 4.0 - I hear its gone.

This is great news!

That means I can officially retire from keeping the list in the opening post of this thread up to date. Good thing because the list of threads complaining about labyrinth has gotten so long it no longer fits within the 50,000 character limit for a post.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
That means I can officially retire from keeping the list in the opening post of this thread up to date.

Did i miss something, so players will be able to get OLD ascendancies through NEW ways? If not, i cant see how the problems with labyrinth can be considered as solved. And what about enchants? You mean they will not add additional problems, but all old problems will persist. If so, you cant retire.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Nov 21, 2019, 3:12:25 PM
boooooo the lab is so trivial to unlock, All i can say is *clap* now we'll have more mostly dead content bloat because people couldn't handle one of the easiest endgame battles in POE.

also pffffffffffffff at saying you have to go to 820 to finish trials or that you'll reach level 90 before you do like... you serious? I can't take that seriously that is either due to inexperience or is a complete fabrication for dramatic effect.

I will finish them in a day by myself without any global 820 or asking my friends/guild to help me.. in fact its become as of blight league EASIER than it has ever been to target farm these trials.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Nov 21, 2019, 3:41:21 PM
"

also pffffffffffffff at saying you have to go to 820 to finish trials or that you'll reach level 90 before you do like... you serious? I can't take that seriously that is either due to inexperience or is a complete fabrication for dramatic effect.

No, it's called unlimited RNG. That's the main reason why usually mechanics as implemented in PoE have a trigger attached which guarantees the occurence of any specific mechanic which is mandatory for progression.
PoE lacks that.

It's the same as rolling a mirror-item, or getting that juicy watcher's eye from uber-elder. It's rare... but not impossible.

In all the leagues I had the common thing was to get all labs after roughly 30-50 spawned trials, the common thing.
My worst one though... was 316 trials until I found the last one, which is fairly ridiculous. It was at lvl 94 as much as I can remember, faaaaar too late into the game. And reminding you, that was after the adjustments on how trials were spawned to make it easier overall. It was back in Betrayal-league.

"

I will finish them in a day by myself without any global 820 or asking my friends/guild to help me.. in fact its become as of blight league EASIER than it has ever been to target farm these trials.

You never got fucked by RNG in any way, eh? Must be the enlightened one. Maybe your personal luck-stat is really high? Who knows? Should go an play at the lottery.

Nobody says it's the common way it goes, it's actually quite out of the ordinary. The issue is that it CAN and DOES happen at times while such things SHOULDN'T. Much like someone running 50+ maps without getting the right adjacent map (Despite the 33% drop-chance from bosses and increased rate for adjacent map-drops in general) or not seeing a T3 corruption room at Alva for 100+ temples. All unlikely, all can happen.

The case though is that any form of unlimited RNG poses an issue, while over time you'll guaranteed move towards the middle of the statistic... at any single given time you can be far, faaaaar outside of the medium.

That's why usually a limiter is implemented, something like a counter in the background which guarantees a trial which hasn't been seen after 10 others have been spawned, or guaranteeing the appearance of a specific room in Alva after 10+ temples didn't even see T1 of it, or dropping a specific map if the last 50 maps weren't that one despite being in the pool. All of those mechanics needs some sort of guaranteed limitation, otherwise you'll always have a few people mentioning the extraordinary situations they struggled with.
This goes especially with a game like PoE where the amount of different RNG-based mechanics is so plenty that one will sooner or later simply fuck you over.

And that's what people want (reasonably) fixed.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
Kulze wrote:
"

You never got fucked by RNG in any way, eh? Must be the enlightened one. Maybe your personal luck-stat is really high? Who knows? Should go an play at the lottery.

ok ok! sometimes its taken more than a single day and i'd be a fool at this point to not give in to the fact that i have been extremely lucky regarding lab trials, I have in many other ways felt the cold shoulder of the RNG tho.

And wow 316 trials in betrayal? that's some perspective... I'd probably be in here with my pitchfork if i had gone through that.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Nov 23, 2019, 12:06:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info