Have a question about trading?

Why trading in POE don't be like automatic.
Like if I want to sell this thing I just set to sell it and then who want just give the currency. Let the system check for the security.
I think about this because I always AFK when other p.m. me for buying thing.
Do you have any idea?
Last bumped on Jul 18, 2016, 9:45:06 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
puttimeth wrote:
Why trading in POE don't be like automatic.

never

"
puttimeth wrote:
I think about this because I always AFK when other p.m. me for buying thing.

copy paste whipher from poe.trade for a lot of ppl, make trade with first to respond, If you don't buy very rare-expensive item, beying should take more than 3 minutes

Anyway, I think GGG should make AFK people to appear as AFK not online, And poe.trae should give these ppl yellow dot, not green.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 17, 2016, 7:23:10 AM
The game is primarily about acquiring items. If they made it too easy to do, the game would stop being fun for the treasure hunters. Also, since there's no way for items to leave the game, the volume of items dumped onto a system would be vast. Really vast. The reason PoEtrade is able to handle it is because most players don't want to bother listing items. It's not worth their effort. Remove that effort and you ruin the game.
Shags i feel like u are always present on forum , do you ever sleep ? ^^
IGN : Sir_Big
Last edited by Achilion on Jul 17, 2016, 8:11:42 AM
"
Achilion wrote:
Shags i feel like u are always present on forum , do you ever sleep ? ^^

Not much. I'm on summer time... so very little to do with teaching. One class... only nine students. My typical workload is at least six times what I have now. One reason I tend to squat the forum is that I can't play for long periods without a break or I start to get vertigo. Playing for an hour will take me out for the rest of the day. Playing for two and I'm pretty much wasted. So I have to play in short bursts with breaks. What do do on a break? Squat the forum. Pet the cat. Dunno. Pretty bored really.
Trading in PoE isn't automatic because it requires cross-server communication, which is slow and buggy and sometimes leads to item-duplication in the case of one of the servers having an error.

This isn't so much of a problem with the guild stash, but with trades it could end up with some really un-ideal consequences.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
If you want really quick currency for items, just take your stuff to Nessa. Or the dozen or so other NPC 'traders' :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info