Summoner Templar

Last edited by _Cybergod_ on Feb 19, 2013, 7:12:20 PM
Playing a summoner templar myself, with lightning damage to support my minions. Great fun, and works quite well from my experience. I don't have chaos inoculation though, can't comment much on that - but if you also take Ghost reaver, how do you expect to get proper leech life if you're using lightning damage spells? The Life gain on hit support gem doesn't work with spells for one, and the life leech you can get from gear is for physical damage.

Also (and this applies to all builds really) don't aim for a build using all 111 points, you won't get there.
The 111 Have no doubt I won't get there it just puts it out there. SO life leech doesn't work with spells. That kinda sucks but it frees up a route that I don't have to go. Now Zealots Oath will work with whatever Items I am wearing that have Health Regen properties on them right?
Last edited by _Cybergod_ on Feb 19, 2013, 7:01:37 PM
Life regen properties from gear sohuld work just fine with Zealot's oath.
I was hoping that was the case. Thanks for the info. Going to drop Whipsers of doom. Will keep Hex master though.
I like this build a lot, I just have one question

Why lightning damage when going minion instability? Why not go for fire damage passive talents to help it out? Or would it not effect the 33% fire dmg from a minion?
"
steve75382 wrote:
I like this build a lot, I just have one question

Why lightning damage when going minion instability? Why not go for fire damage passive talents to help it out? Or would it not effect the 33% fire dmg from a minion?

Nope, %fire dmg nodes won't increase Minion Instability damage. Even if it did, your minions would still benefit a lot more from the shock effects that your lightning damage will apply.
Can you explain more about this shock build stuff? What gems and etc are used specifically? And gear?
What type of gear are you favoring for a build like this?
"
steve75382 wrote:
Can you explain more about this shock build stuff? What gems and etc are used specifically? And gear?

I went with Spark, linked to Fork and Elemental Proliferation. Works shockingly well (*crickets chirp...*) The Arc skill has a higher shock chance built in than the other lightning skills, even more so if you get %quality on it, so that should - theory - work fine as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info