PoEBuilder Master Thread [UPDATED 08/20/2014]

Thanks for the suggestions!

Regarding 1) Cancellation of Passive Nodes. This is a great feature. It is super annoying to have to undo nodes in your build, especially if you accidentally click a node and it automatically allocates a bunch of things for you that you did not intend. Unfortunately, it's a little tough to implement, so we are going to wait until we have some of our better features implemented first.

Regarding 2) Blank slate items. That is the exact feature that we are working on right now. We want to allow players to build an item from scratch and see how that item affects their character's effective health and dps. One of the key problems we are trying to solve is with the UI. There are just so many options available when customizing an item from scratch, it can be overwhelming and completely unintuitive.

Hopefully our take on the Item Builder will be good enough to get things going. Once people can customize items AND the passive tree, it will be a lot easier to plan out a build, as you say.

Thanks for checking out the site!
"
tks2103 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions!

Regarding 1) Cancellation of Passive Nodes. This is a great feature. It is super annoying to have to undo nodes in your build, especially if you accidentally click a node and it automatically allocates a bunch of things for you that you did not intend. Unfortunately, it's a little tough to implement, so we are going to wait until we have some of our better features implemented first.

Regarding 2) Blank slate items. That is the exact feature that we are working on right now. We want to allow players to build an item from scratch and see how that item affects their character's effective health and dps. One of the key problems we are trying to solve is with the UI. There are just so many options available when customizing an item from scratch, it can be overwhelming and completely unintuitive.

Hopefully our take on the Item Builder will be good enough to get things going. Once people can customize items AND the passive tree, it will be a lot easier to plan out a build, as you say.

Thanks for checking out the site!

That's awesome! Through #2, people can now fine tune their builds during mid to early late game, not some static builds at around lvl 30, 70, and 85+ only. I still sometimes surprise myself how much a small, unwanted mod on an item could affect my gameplay.

Good luck guys!

EDIT: Suggestion, I think the interface used by the shop indexer is intuitive for adding mods to the blank slate items you are working on.
Last edited by ArtificialDream on Sep 22, 2013, 12:22:57 PM
Very nice site. I'll be following it for sure :D
Good memories from closed beta: http://imgur.com/D2eSfYL - Damn fine chest.
May nullsFaith from closed beta safely rest in GGG's backups ;)
what is the "Seven" temp node in the middle of the passiv tree ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:

I noticed that a while ago. It was not present about a month ago. I have no explanation for it.

It is in the data for sure, however.

I could get rid of it, but no one seems to mind it too much.
"
null03 wrote:
Very nice site. I'll be following it for sure :D
"
tks2103 wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

I noticed that a while ago. It was not present about a month ago. I have no explanation for it.

It is in the data for sure, however.

I could get rid of it, but no one seems to mind it too much.

Could it be an hypothetical seventh class for the release ? ;x
IGN TylordRampage
Hey, hopefully this is still being developed. I have a question that is driving me nuts with it.

How can I add skills (gems) to test dps? The only way I can see is already have the gems on my character when I import his gear but this obviously doesn't help when trying to make a totally different build.
We're working on adding skill gems right now. It's a super difficult change that requires a lot of testing and a bunch of new UI. Sorry for the delay.

We've also halted any bug fixing until that new feature is out. So if you are having trouble with an existing build, we won't be getting to it until after custom gems have launched.
"
tks2103 wrote:
We're working on adding skill gems right now. It's a super difficult change that requires a lot of testing and a bunch of new UI. Sorry for the delay.

We've also halted any bug fixing until that new feature is out. So if you are having trouble with an existing build, we won't be getting to it until after custom gems have launched.

Cool site, gj!
Wish you gl with site.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info