Life is over... Pokemon Go is out..

I just got home from playing Pokemon go started at 11pm and ended 5:45 am LOL... I sneaked into neighbors yard, found a park never knew existed... Holy shit great way to excercise.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jul 11, 2016, 5:28:38 AM
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2016, 1:52:04 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/10/pokemon-go-armed-robbers-dead-body

"Stringer added that police believe the suspects used the phone app, which directs users to capture imaginary creatures superimposed onto the real world, to tempt players into secluded areas where they could be easily robbed. At a certain level in the game, he noted, players can congregate at local landmarks to join teams and battle."

"Pokémon Go warns players to keep aware of their surroundings during their virtual treasure hunt, but after only a few days since its release it has already led people into a string of bizarre incidents. People have ended up in hospitals after chasing nonexistent animals into hazardous spots, and schools, a state agency and Australian police have warned people not to break the law or endanger themselves while “Pokemoning”. The game has also led wanderers to at least one home misidentified as a church, a venue the app considers a public space."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/07/10/pokemon-go-about-to-surpass-twitter-in-daily-active-users/#7c8983885174

https://www.similarweb.com/blog/pokemon-go
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 11, 2016, 6:15:00 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
I just got home from playing Pokemon go started at 11pm and ended 5:45 am LOL... I sneaked into neighbors yard, found a park never knew existed... Holy shit great way to excercise.

So far, a little girl found a cadaver in the forest, a little boy was hit, and another was stabbed because he was late at night in the wrong neigborhood.
Its a shitty game with no fighting wild pokemon or other trainers. This game will fall flat soon enough. How long will it take people to collect 150 pokemon by throwing balls at them?
^There's only 150 in this game?

I think the main games passed 700 already
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 11, 2016, 11:05:17 AM
"
Disrupted wrote:
^There's only 150 in this game?

I think the main games passed 700 already

Yes...only the first 150, they didnt even add Mew. The game will die, fast. Right now its all hype because of 1 reason: Pokemon in the "real" world. That is the sole hype around it. IF they dont add actual battles soon i can tell they will see dropping player numbers.
Funny thing is that battles are not a thing because Nintendo doesnt want the free phone game to steal their payed for game boy games player numbers.
It's the most addictive thing i have seen in a long time. It packs power big time, it just spawned a powerful thought into the global consciousness.

You realize how epic this is? I have rarely seen anything this next level.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
It's the most addictive thing i have seen in a long time. It packs power big time, it just spawned a powerful thought into the global consciousness.

You realize how epic this is? I have rarely seen anything this next level.

Yeah, and soon other companies will latch on and we got tons of look alike games that use the same idea.
I'm off today can't wait to head to the park. My feet are bit sore... Anyways great app for sedentary people. I came across three people whom I thought were jogging actually playing the game lol. Lmao was looking out my window saw my neighbor playing... Says bulbasaur is near but can't find the bastard...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
I'm off today can't wait to head to the park. My feet are bit sore... Anyways great app for sedentary people. I came across three people whom I thought were jogging actually playing the game lol. Lmao was looking out my window saw my neighbor playing... Says bulbasaur is near but can't find the bastard...

Its on the other persons phone, not yours...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info