What game/s are you playing currently?

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

I went straight from Divinity: Original Sin to Pillars of Eternity. PoEt has a lot MORE writing, but I think it often turns into needless text overflow. I found Divinity much more engaging because they delivered the story without turning it into a novel, but they also provided novel-level detail in the extraneous text you could seek out if you wanted to.

The gameplay in Divinity is by far the best I've ever seen in a turn based RPG, although they have updated many times since I played so I don't know if the current state of the game matches my experience. I consider Divinity the first game in the genre to surpass Baldur's Gate 2.

Div:Os is so good man. Can't wait until 2 comes out.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Last edited by Einkil on Jul 10, 2016, 2:31:35 PM
Playing Evolve Stage 2 right now on steam. The re-release of the game as a f2p game has been amazing. The 24 hour peak of players is double the amount of players at release. I SERIOUSLY suggest everyone to check it out, as most of the game was completely reworked.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Einkil wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

I went straight from Divinity: Original Sin to Pillars of Eternity. PoEt has a lot MORE writing, but I think it often turns into needless text overflow. I found Divinity much more engaging because they delivered the story without turning it into a novel, but they also provided novel-level detail in the extraneous text you could seek out if you wanted to.

The gameplay in Divinity is by far the best I've ever seen in a turn based RPG, although they have updated many times since I played so I don't know if the current state of the game matches my experience. I consider Divinity the first game in the genre to surpass Baldur's Gate 2.

Div:Os is so good man. Can't wait until 2 comes out.

Same. I still have the same files so when i buy it i can keep playing. I play on the hardest difficulty. Which one are you playing on?
Darkest Dungeon
I haven't played D:OS in a while, but my general opinion of the game is quite good. Its main problem was general lack of balance in character creation (the double AP talent is nuts) and the difficulty curve quickly loses its early-game polish and becomes ridiculously easy (although not entirely boring). Both of these seemed to me to be relatively low-budget to fix; hopefully they've done so. Outside of that, pretty much everything is a joy - soundtrack, core combat mechanics, early game difficulty curve, and most especially its level design (if you're thinking "level design matters in cRPGs?" then seriously, get the game, see how important it is).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 10, 2016, 9:00:26 PM
I only play one game at a time. Soon to be Grim Dawn I think. It's bought and paid for like 20 other games in my steam account unplayed.

PS TY D3 for making all my games free the rest of my life. Original Inferno will always be remembered as the best ever in my eyes.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 10, 2016, 9:20:40 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
Darkest Dungeon

I wanna make an indie game called Dankest Dungeon. In it, you are a gang member trying to start and maintain multiple suburban grow ops while acquiring territory and brokering deals with other outfits as well as fighting off rivals and the narcs.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 10, 2016, 9:26:09 PM
"

Same. I still have the same files so when i buy it i can keep playing. I play on the hardest difficulty. Which one are you playing on?

I haven't played it since I binged it with a friend a week after it came out, but IIRC it was the one below the hardest difficulty. It's been awhile.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I haven't played D:OS in a while, but my general opinion of the game is quite good. Its main problem was general lack of balance in character creation (the double AP talent is nuts) and the difficulty curve quickly loses its early-game polish and becomes ridiculously easy (although not entirely boring). Both of these seemed to me to be relatively low-budget to fix; hopefully they've done so. Outside of that, pretty much everything is a joy - soundtrack, core combat mechanics, early game difficulty curve, and most especially its level design (if you're thinking "level design matters in cRPGs?" then seriously, get the game, see how important it is).

I agree on all points except difficulty. I felt the difficulty was fine through the majority of the game, until my friend hit high level stealth stuff and trivialized a lot of things. We didn't minmax at all or really plan out builds so maybe that attributed to the difficulty. I felt there were enough fights that engaged me and my friend enough.
Hopefully they fix some of the balance issues though.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
I guess it's fair to attribute late-game cakewalk to character-creation imbalance, which just gets more extreme with more min/max levels. Still, I feel that a game with multiple difficulty modes should tune its highest difficulty to a substantial degree of min/max, and D:OS wasn't even close there, for at least the latter 3/4 of the game. If Normal difficulty is better tuned, that's nice to hear.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 10, 2016, 10:01:01 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
Darkest Dungeon

I wanna make an indie game called Dankest Dungeon. In it, you are a gang member trying to start and maintain multiple suburban grow ops while acquiring territory and brokering deals with other outfits as well as fighting off rivals and the narcs.

Sounds like my IRL...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info