The scammers and the unique strongbox

So, we all know there are scammers everywhere (the world we live in) but I've had a few trying to scam me lately in my quest to get unique strongbox challenge. No, none have been successful, but it's not what I call fun.

For those of you that have done this ill advised challenge (I told them it was stupid; no one finds unique strongboxes and this was the one I KNEW would be a bitch), how did you do it?

Don't talk about that prophecy with the boxes in lieu of monsters; I've done it twice; last night I ran best gorge EVER with it btw. Found 8 maps (a few equal to or 2 greater) and a binos and belly.

Tips?
Censored.
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 6:52:39 PM
I've already found two by chance (Deshret's and Ashes), and my usual co-op partner found one too (Mutewind). Also found a Strange Barrel this league. Now, to some extent that is just luck, but GGG did improve Unique Strongbox rates with Prophecy. Seems to be a pretty decent improvement, considering I found exactly one Unique box prior to Prophecy...

/global 820 is probably your best bet if you want to complete it on (relatively) short notice. If you have anyone you regularly speak to, tell them you still want the challenge - they might find one. Another simple improvement to your odds: bring Chances.
Yeah, I've been chancing the whites, and while I agree that they DID improve chances, the ones I find are, sadly, not on the list (strange barrel ain't).

LOL moment for me in normal grand arena; excited to find the Kaom strongbox and I didn't bother to check to see if it was on list. What a pain! And then when I finally, after bugging out of fight ten times to refill flasks which sucked at the time, cleared the damned thing, I find out it IS NOT on the list!

GRRRRRR

Shame on GGG for not making this challenge ANY strongbox.
Censored.
I think I found 5 of the new unique boxes so far. I found most in regular play. I found one using Monstrous Treasure out of maybe six times getting the prophecy.

If you're trying to rush it, chances and scours help. Make sure you only chance boxes that can only turn into one of the new uniques. Run as many Monstrous Treasures as you can. Two is just scratching the surface.
Last edited by Jennik on Jul 1, 2016, 2:57:56 PM
Right. I'm on it. More monstrous treasure for me.

The problem with 820 is that they seem to be laboring under the delusion that everyone in the party gets credit and I thought we were all aware by now that it is only the one that actually opens it (assuming the monsters that spawn all die when they are in the party, of course).

I have seen several people getting people to join up in their party while they open the strongbox. WHY? Useless. And if you try to tell them any different they will argue with you and tell you everyone gets credit. I wish I was wrong and they were right but ... if wishes were fishes, etc.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Jul 1, 2016, 6:51:48 PM
I got mine through the Monstrous Treasures prophecy. Once you enter the map and it identifies the prophecy go straight back to your stash, load up on Scouring and Chance orbs and then try your luck!

My strategy was any box (that was the right base and could possibly be one of the new uniques) would get the chance treatment, except if it was already a rare box. So a white box get's a chance orb, a blue box get ID'd, scoured then chanced.

Second time with the Monstrous Treasure prophecy, running through a Wharf map I managed to get lucky.
Congrats! May your luck rub off on me a little.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info