Pale court bosses and mechanics

Looking for some information about the bosses/damage types in the pale court. I play on PrHC and do not wish to get killed in there, but I do wanna tackle those bosses since I got a couple key sets and really want to get a bow for my fun TS assassin.

I'd like to know which boss does what type of damage and what other things to look out for during the fight. For example that book that spawns - do I destroy that book quickly or try stay away from it? (it looks like it is a vaal lightning trap). Also, what kind damage is that thing that falls from the roof (looks like dark arrows), and finally what type of pots should I take with me that help survive.

Currently I got 2 chars that could technically do it. If someone would be kind enuff and look at my chars' setup and tell me which one has a better chance. While I was gathering keys I was doing the step V on both chars and they could both do it very easily and quickly. But I kinda have this feeling that when I kill them at the end of the chain they're much easier. Also all 4 together is another problem.

The EQ/AW jugg:
"

For my defenses I have decent chaos resist at +10. I can switch my dps gloves to a hp/chaos res one which would easily jump me to ~6200 hp and between +30-40 chaos resist. He also has decent dmg at around 30k buffed. Can also do double cursing (enfeeble/temp chains) if that helps even more - but then I'd lose the voidheart ring for the fight.

My other char is a flame totem chief:
"

Higher max resists at 80/79/79 and also has +10 chaos resist. I can throw on a more defensive belt with lots of hp and more chaos resist. Somehow he feels a bit tankier than my jugg. Less damage though at 14k and I tend to use 1 decoy and 1 flame for tough fights.
Last bumped on Jul 12, 2016, 1:10:18 PM
"
teketoria wrote:
Can also do double cursing (enfeeble/temp chains) if that helps even more - but then I'd lose the voidheart ring for the fight.

Without anything to support the Poison/Bleed it's unimpressive regardless. You won't miss it.
(punch Voll for 75% of his Life, watch him lose less than 5% to the Psn/Bleed. SO OP)

---------
During the fight, only one of the Council members will be active at any given time. When the active Council member loses 25% of their Life, it will cycle to the next person.

I don't have much experience fighting the Council, but here's my findings so far:

Inya, the Unbearable Whispers, is incredibly lethal. Tons of Shocked Ground, and highly devastating (but very slow-moving) Ball Lightnings. I've done the fight two-person a couple times, and twice my co-op partner instantly vanished when Inya activated. That's 8k Life and I think 78% Lightning Resist. I was at maybe Cleave-range and took roughly 5k Damage to my 75% Light Res. If Inya is not active at the time, keep your distance.
After that initial nuke happens, Inya is a lot more bearable (HEH). Long-range Ball Lightnings aren't that dangerous. Distance and Lightning Resist/Topaz Flasks are real good.

Similarly, the Plaguemaw can stack up a lot of Chaos Damage rapidly, if you don't circle him enough. He'll throw Essence Drain (purple projectiles), drop Desecrated Ground (purple tentaclemess), and cast something akin to Lightning Tendrils stacking Chaos Damage instead. But yeah, circling makes him mostly harmless, especially with good Chaos Resist and some Regen.

Yriel, the Feral Lord, can drop Blast Rains that keep going for a while. They have the ebony effect, and I sometimes found myself underestimating their AoE. On their own, the Blast Rains aren't dangerous, but it does add up if something else is also punching you.
This is the black stuff that falls from the ceiling - it'll be Physical for sure, but I don't know if it deals Elemental Damage on top.

Frankly I never noticed much about the Unbreathing Queen. Kill her shit as it spawns, kill her.

Other people probably have more to add I imagine, I tend to miss what's going on.. The books for example? No clue! Information processing disorder and all that :p
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 1, 2016, 11:17:17 AM
The fight is not all that difficult. I would say it is easier than Izaro in merciless. The bosses do not all attack at once, they become vulnerable/invulnerable in stages and never more than 1 at a time. Decoy totem is certainly helpful and that is what I used. My resists were 75% and -60% chaos and I was able to do it without deaths on a self cast bladefall necromancer witch several times. I did die twice in 1 fight but it was on purpose to test if the bosses would switch vulnerability so I could get the bow to drop which didn't work.

I would say use the totem character if you feel it can do decent aoe damage. I felt that the bosses weren't the main threat as much as the amount of minions and other effects that pop up which was easily avoided by the use of my decoy totem. I just positioned myself away from the totem and the active boss at the time.

It sounds like either of your characters could do it. I know earthquake will make short work of all the minions and you'd just have to dodge boss attacks unless you slot a decoy totem on there.

Whatever you decide, good luck and I hope you get the reach.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Easier than normal Atziri, definitely easier than uber lab Izaro, about on par w/uber Argus I'd say though a radically different fight. I guess it's designed to have at least one of them lethal to your character. They are counting on non capped res (which I sure as hell would hope is not an issue at this point even w/out HC) and inability to use flasks or move defensively.

Good luck with the bow! I can't seem to get one.
Censored.
Inya's Volatile Tomes are incredibly dangerous. Shock immunity source is advised, along with improved maximum lightning res.

Eber the Plaguemaw can do considerable chaos damage against negative chaos resistance.

If you can stay away from them and keep moving, I doubt you'll have any problems.

Is there any reflect machanism there?

Also is it just a bossfight or you have to get to them first trough the map, what is the map level?
I didn't notice any Reflect.

It's just an arena with the four bosses, on the large side of 'a screen's worth'. The Councilmembers spawn some stuff to refill Flasks from, nothing too serious.
All right, thanks
Hope I won't get lagg from the mtx blast rain as I even get a 2000ms frame time lagg even from my own arctic portal these days..
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 1, 2016, 4:00:34 PM
i think i encountered reflect twice.. i insta died when trying to attack something in the bottom corner.. nothing else explains the instant death more than reflect.. no spell or things were near me when i shot at apparent reflect dude

im gonna have to try this fight again.. i got help then a reach dropped.. woot woot
POE is life. POE is ♥.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info