Where is the Charan now

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
the fate of those who get too invested into something. best thing i ever did in regards to poe is stop caring as much.

treat it for what it is , not what it was supposed to be. perfect is impossible for a reason.

I disagree. If I spend money on something I want what it was supposed to be.

Do you buy a defective coffee maker from walmart and go, well ill just appreciate it for what it is; a broken coffee maker. Because perfect is impossible?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
the fate of those who get too invested into something. best thing i ever did in regards to poe is stop caring as much.

treat it for what it is , not what it was supposed to be. perfect is impossible for a reason.

I disagree. If I spend money on something I want what it was supposed to be.

Do you buy a defective coffee maker from walmart and go, well ill just appreciate it for what it is; a broken coffee maker. Because perfect is impossible?

do you buy the promise of a coffee maker whos specs and plans haven’t even been fully written out yet or do you buy a finished product?

there is a rather considerable difference to be had there. you purchased poe with the potential for it to be something.

you did not purchase it as a finished fully fleshed out product. shit changes you can either let every little thing bug the crap out of you and be miserable or you can take it for what it is.

poe will live on regardless of if you stay or leave and it will live on regardless of if you poison yourself with negativity and longing for some ideal game that simply wont exist.

The only thing being hurt is the person letting it all get to them. We all saw what letting it get to you does to someone. this very thread is a tangible testament to it

I am glad for charan, the life style he developed around this game was clearly not healthy... for anyone.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 13, 2016, 10:18:49 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
you purchased poe with the potential for it to be something

That's what developers of this game yet exploit. You are an example that it works. Yet it makes sense, according to their POV. According to the customer's one, a product has a certain value, in the best case corresponding to its quality. And he pays for this certain quality, not for the blind expectations of quality.

What you speak about applies to games at the very early stages of their development, a.k.a. alpha/beta. That's when you pay for expectation. As long as these titles are removed, it's supposed to have a finished product. With certain (and improving) quality.

I've also paid my dues, approximately the price of AAA title. But won't throw a single dime on this game anymore, before there's the quality factor. I don't buy imaginary expectations out of officially released game. Count me as server load at the moment.

Speaking this way, P2P games are much more fair in the financial aspect. Nowadays there's even an option to return them if you are unhappy with the quality. Makes sense in an overflooded market.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
I've also paid my dues, approximately the price of AAA title.

try playing wow for 3 years for the price of a AAA title.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
torturo wrote:

You can play D3 for 3 years for the price of a AAA title. kek
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
torturo wrote:

You can play D3 for 3 years for the price of a AAA title. kek

true, didn't know there is a difference between d3 and wow when it comes to monthly costs. you only have to additionally purchase every xpac although there was just one afaik.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:

true, didn't know there is a difference between d3 and wow when it comes to monthly costs. you only have to additionally purchase every xpac although there was just one afaik.

d3 xpac = 20$

poe mtx helmet = 25$

lol ok

E: for a normal game's lifespan poe model seemed fair nowadays it feels like a fleecing tbh.
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 14, 2016, 1:56:09 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
vio wrote:

d3 xpac = 20$

poe mtx helmet = 25$

lol ok

E: for a normal game's lifespan poe model seemed fair nowadays it feels like a fleecing tbh.

Poe: Shadow Wings - $2.50
D3: Mercy Wings - $40-60

Poe: Game and Xpacs - Free
D3: Game and Xpac - ~$80 at release (~$40 now)
Poe: 1100 Hours and counting
D3: 30 hours and counting
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
now now dont turn this into a poe vs d3 dick measuring contest. we already have plenty of those

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info