Can't kill bosses efficiently

DISCLAIMER: i posted this in the shadow thread first - but i just realized that the class specific threads are where people show-off their builds, and its not the place to find "gameplay help"

Thanks for clicking on my thread, hopefully you have the time and the insight to provide me with the help i need. Thanks.

My guy is doing well at clearing packs. He is clearing them very fast, doing Merci Dried Lake is a breeze. FrostBlade CoC with Frostbolt is insane for clearing large groups.

However, Single Target (ST) boss damage is abysmal.

I have a 4L free in my gear to slot suitable ST skill gems into.

Build details below:

Tree

Skills
Spoiler

Movement (2L): Whirling Blades + Fortify
AOE (5L): Frost Blades + Multistrike + CoC + LMP + FrostBolt
Aura (2L & 3L): Blasphemy + Assassins Mark & Herald of Ice + Ice Bite + Culling Strike
Defense (2L & 1L): CWDT + Ice Golem & Arctic Armour

ST: ?!?!?!?!?!?

Gear
Spoiler

I have tried several ST combinations that did not work to my satisfaction:
Double Strike + CoC + Multistrike + (Bladefall or Frostbolt or Freezing Pulse).
Viperstrike + Rapid Decay + Void Manipulation + Faster Attacks (poison stacking)

Last bumped on Jun 29, 2016, 9:59:19 PM
maybe something like cyclone+CoC+BV+EK? maybe switch your HoI 3L for a hatred unlinked?
Once upon a time I've tested various melee skills for Cast on Crit activation.Absolutely top league are:

1) Cyclone - 2 hits per spin,works the best against packs,grants stun immunity while attacking,allows to move during attacks,and has godly synergy with Trickster - Walk the Aether ascendancy keystone.Against single target is a bit hard to use.

2) Molten Strike - 1-4 hits per attack,works better than cyclone against single target due to greater number of possible hits - it has synergy when supported by Greater Multiple Projectiles (4 additional hits) or Multistrike (12 hits),though the last support requires very high crit chance.It has also godlike synergy to Life/Mana on hit.

Nothing is a match for these.

Next,spell setup.It's good to have two different spells linked,as check if anyone will be cast is preformed independently - so either you can cast one,both or none.66% of winning result compared to having just one spell,as it'd be 50% chance of success.

About spell setup,lastly they introduced pretty nice physical spell Bladefall and Blade Vortex.There is good guide about such character in the Shadow section guide.

If you however wish to have elemental spells then think about Discharge which is insane if you can constantly generate charges for it.If you don't,try Shock Nova + Frost Nova/Vortex.

Support/defensive skill setup is also to completely redesign...well,it'd be easier to just check my MasterBLB character (the one which uses Tabula Rasa) - with such shitty gear I managed to easily go to act 3 cruel,and had no problems with bosses.

If you have option to reset your passive tree do so,as it is far from being optimal.
Last edited by MasterBLB on Jun 29, 2016, 5:26:23 PM
True... molten strike is a good option. If you are going MS, you would want to link it with CoC and flame surge as your high crit chance will give you a good likelihood of ignite from the molten strike... The 4th slot could be pretty much any high dmg spell.
So i have solved this problem by increasing spell damage.. I strongly suggest a shield with spell crit and spell damage... Also try to get a dagger with both.

And after trying many primary skills, Spectral throw is far the best: U have pierce + return (hits the same target twice = doubling dmg output) for free and the synergy with multi proj. drop the multistrike for a second spell. if u get 3 ele spells (in a 6L) ele equilibrium dramatically scales ur damage up. Furthermore it reduces the need for accuracy (more is still better, for the second crit roll) because: " enemies can be hit by more than one projectile in the same salvo. However, the 0.3s cooldown on hits is applied per attack, not per projectile," so if one copy does not hit, a second one can hit.

Another nice tactical option is: throw daggers backwards and rush with whirling blades through mobs. Ur flying daggers will follow and u unleash pandemonium behind you :D

Downside: u need some projectile speed to have some range, so get some winds of change (10-20 ch atm). With 60-70% proj speed the delay between action and dmg output is greatly reduced too.

Dont underestimate spell crit. With assassin (ascendancy shadow class) i could get to 94.1% spell crit and capped primary and sometimes i dont see the boss, cause it just dies with the mobs around him :)

Pm me ingame for demontration ;)

P.S: Give dodge a try ;) especially with the atziri boots. here is my suggestion for ur tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQMeBX0FtQceDkgQkhEvEZYWvxmKH0Ei6iM2I_Yk_SaVKgsrCizhLVUwcTB8MgEyMjY9OkJFfEcGSVFLeE2SUUdTEFVLXfJeRWHiYqxjQ2SdbIxtbHBScFZ9dYnTjAuMNo19jb-P-pAbkvOVLpcGl5eaE5smnaqkeKxmshm0OLk-uXy748HVwzrEos3qz3rQ0NN-1CPYdtvU3aje-OUZ51TndOjW6f7rY-v17LDw1fId8uH66_v1_rr_3g==

Havent used blasphemy yet, but CoC can cast curses too. I do it with cyclone + CoC + PcoC + Assassins Mark (+ice nova, when u get a corrupted item with CoC or assassnins mark on it). U can maintain ur power charges pretty easy this way.
IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
Last edited by keeper190786 on Jun 29, 2016, 10:15:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info