Endgame trials and league merge

Since trials are now account-wide, what happens to progress with endgame trials when prophecy league ends? If I've completed all of the trials in prophecy but none in standard, will I be able to do endgame labyrinth in standard without finding all of the trials again?
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2016, 12:29:36 PM
Well, they said 'once per difficulty and league' so that would mean they won't merge, unless I missed something. Probably not such a big deal, if you play standard it isn't so unreasonable to complete all challenges for it once and never again.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The "once per league" could just mean that you have to re-do the trials in every new league. If they don't merge it can lead into a situation where someone who started a character in prophecy and wants to continue playing it in standard will have to do the trials again on the same character. Honestly I wouldn't even mind if the trials were deterministically accessible like the normal trials, and it was fun enough to find them in maps while leveling a new character, but having to find them again on a level 90+ character will be annoying.
"
raics wrote:
Well, they said 'once per difficulty and league' so that would mean they won't merge, unless I missed something. Probably not such a big deal, if you play standard it isn't so unreasonable to complete all challenges for it once and never again.

I started mapping at 68. Found my the 6th trial (after 17 found) at level 87. This is all running Tier 1-4 maps that give little to no exp which means I ran hundreds of maps. I hope that's not what they intend to do and that the merge will carry the progress of trials. There is no way I am farming it again on Standard. Master's progress carries, I don't see why trials wouldn't.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
raics wrote:

I started mapping at 68. Found my the 6th trial (after 17 found) at level 87. This is all running Tier 1-4 maps that give little to no exp which means I ran hundreds of maps. I hope that's not what they intend to do and that the merge will carry the progress of trials. There is no way I am farming it again on Standard. Master's progress carries, I don't see why trials wouldn't.

2.4 Notes: We've found that players love Lab. As a result, we've decided not to merge the progress for the end-game trials from temmporary leagued to permanent leagues. This helps keep the end-game mapping experience fresh.

Jk

:>
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
"
Namcap wrote:
"
raics wrote:

2.4 Notes: We've found that players love Lab. As a result, we've decided not to merge the progress for the end-game trials from temmporary leagued to permanent leagues. This helps keep the end-game mapping experience fresh.

Jk

:>

I like the lab. I hate the RNG of trials. The trials themselves aren't bad, but I just wish I would run into them more often. If someone isn't running the lab they can just skip the trials. It's like when I run into a Catarina master mission. I don't have time to find your totem pole Catarina. Just raise your zombies and find it yourself. Damn hipster artists.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
raics wrote:

I just passed 88 and still have two trials missing :).
It would be nice if they where a bit more frequent, that's for sure.
"
Namcap wrote:
I like the lab. I hate the RNG of trials. The trials themselves aren't bad, but I just wish I would run into them more often. If someone isn't running the lab they can just skip the trials. It's like when I run into a Catarina master mission. I don't have time to find your totem pole Catarina. Just raise your zombies and find it yourself. Damn hipster artists.

Yeah. I've had the Dream Trial prop for two days now and still haven't gotten it to proc yet, which is kind of frustrating. Had to use 820 to find the last two I needed early in the league.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
databeaver wrote:
The "once per league" could just mean that you have to re-do the trials in every new league. If they don't merge it can lead into a situation where someone who started a character in prophecy and wants to continue playing it in standard will have to do the trials again on the same character.

Very much this. I don't think GGG hates new players enough to do that. If I didn't already have Standard characters, I would want to murder someone if my current chars got migrated to standard and suddenly *lost* access to the uber lab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info