Herald of Thunder suddenly not active?

I am playing a Firestorm witch and use Herald of Thunder to apply curses. The last days I notice my Herald of Thunder is sometimes suddenly not active anymore while I am doing a map. Cannot be I turn it off myself because I always change the skill on that specific skill button after turning it on. It never happenend before with other chars when I used Herald of Thunder. Is this a bug or just something I don't know=
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2017, 11:43:25 AM
Are you sure you didn't just accidentally right-click on the icon in the upper left corner? It's an easy thing to happen in battle and turns heralds and auras off.
Right clicking the icons turns off skills? Lol, I never noticed that one. So maybe it is the cause. Then I just wonder why this never happened to me with antother char before.
Other thing that could be causing it would be weapon switch, if your Herald is linked in weapon/shield slot
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Cosmetics also turn off skills. (Reclaiming/Applying MTX)
If you don't have enough of whatever attribute, but are getting it from an item, that could also be it. Make sure your weapon/shield(etc) aren't giving you just enough stats that when you switch to secondary, you red an item.
KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
Sure not item stats or weapon switch. Only possible is the first answer with right clicking on icon since my firestorm is on right mouse button and I have to cast far away (safe distance) from myself. This would explain why it didn't happen on other chars before.
It is happening to me as well!! looks like my herald of thunder doesn't work at all.
I also use it to apply curses... but doesn't work for some reason. If I replace it with firestorm.. it works pretty fine,...
Herald of Thunder can only Hit enemies when you kill a Shocked enemy. Are you capable of applying Shock with your Skills? Crits might be able to push the flat added Damage enough against white enemies, but you need some serious multipliers, it's easier with additional flat Lightning Damage.

Also, your issue is entirely unrelated to this thread..
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 25, 2017, 6:31:59 AM
It doesn't look like you have any way of shocking mobs. The herald itself cannot shock. If you aren't killing mobs that are shocked, the herald will never proc. The small amount of damage that HoT adds to your spells is not what applies curses. The lightning bolts that randomly strike nearby mobs when you proc it by killing shocked enemies, that is what applies linked curses.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info