Blood of Corruption awareness thread

So the current patch has 6-man Gorge/Plateau speedruns as the primary means of leveling characters. During these runs, with characters one-shotting mostly every monster, I've noticed the overwhelming majority of deaths resulting from "environmental" elemental damage:

- bearers
- volatile blood
- strongboxes (ice nova, dd)
- elemental reflect (occasionally)

The solution to all of this is Gluttony of Elements, which is "Vaal Purity of Elements", an aura that makes all elemental damage heal you and your party instead. You get access to this by equipping the amulet Blood of Corruption.

The skill has a high soul cost, but the pace of killing in these speedruns is really high so it can have a decent uptime. Someone else is almost guaranteed to run your usual speedclear vaal skill (Haste) anyway.

Since you cannot support this skill with gems, it is best used by builds that spec into duration nodes on their tree: summoners, Blade Vortex, Spark, Fire/Icestorm, support characters etc. Juggernauts can curse themselves with Temporal Chains for an extended duration. There's also the jewel Atziri's Reign that can be swapped in, despite the name this is still a Vaal skill.

If you run such a build, I think you serve your group (and yourself) best by running this amulet instead of your default damage amulet. On HC, it's almost a no-brainer in my eyes.

Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 11:37:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info