Can someone explain to me why Bino's + Southbound gloves for Poison Bladefall Trappers?

I'm a bit lost on why you need the poison proliferation of Bino's when Bladefall hits pretty much everything. I could maybe see it with Bear Trap since that skills damage is epic and the poison would take it's damage from that. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 10:10:32 PM
The proliferation will cause you to safely offscreen things. Poison can't be reflected, and I don't think Proliferated Poison will hit you with Corrupted Blood either, so it's a safe way to offscreen. TBH I doubt you NEED it, but it's an option.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
The proliferation will cause you to safely offscreen things. Poison can't be reflected, and I don't think Proliferated Poison will hit you with Corrupted Blood either, so it's a safe way to offscreen. TBH I doubt you NEED it, but it's an option.

It just seems like a waste to me when used with Bladefall. I've read it's proliferation range isn't that big. I'm just wondering why so many Bladefall builds use it. I feel like I'm missing a mechanic or something.
"
safety2nd wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:

It just seems like a waste to me when used with Bladefall. I've read it's proliferation range isn't that big. I'm just wondering why so many Bladefall builds use it. I feel like I'm missing a mechanic or something.

Perhaps what you're missing is the fact that poison stacks. From Bino's wiki page:

"
Poison effect spreads the largest Poison stack on an enemy to enemies around it and is stackable. This means that if you have three poisoned enemies each with two stacks all standing close together and you kill two, their largest poison stack on each slain enemy will spread to the third enemy, so the enemy will now have four poison stacks.

Basically, Bino's lets you scale poison stacks off pack size. I have no personal experience, but I imagine this can be very powerful against rares or uniques who are surrounded by lots of trash.
That would actually make more sense. I HAD forgotten poison stacks. Isn't it the only thing that does? Hm. I might actually need to try a Bino's build, see how well that goes.

- Sheepster
Suszterpatt, that is a great explanation of it thank you. Still makes me wonder how it compared to Obliteration's explosion mechanic. That also creates a chain reaction much like Facebreaker's + Infernal Blow. However not every time.

Maybe it's just where I am in the game right now but my Poison Bladefall trap oneshots just about most packs. I feel like with the Bino's combo it might be more worth my time to use Bear Trap for scaling it's crazy phys damage. Then I won't need an attack for multi and one for single target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info