The best Shield for Tanking Atziri?

Hi I die to Atziri
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 11:55:06 AM
saffell's frame. Atziri's damage comes from Spells, not Attacks (so you can start blocking them with Saffell's), and on top of that it's elemental so the + max resistances are great.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 27, 2016, 9:57:04 AM
I think her Spear attack is still Physical, so if you're using Saffel's make sure to have a bleeding pot for sure.

Otherwise Rise of the Phoenix is a good choice, especially if you can dodge the Lightning attacks.

Of course if you have the "100% of Block Chance applies to Spell Block" then any shield would do at all really. "The Oak" from Prophecy League isn't bad, 1% life Regen isn't that much but it gives you a fair chunk of free regen between phases.
"
Zephryl wrote:
I think her Spear attack is still Physical, so if you're using Saffel's make sure to have a bleeding pot for sure.

Otherwise Rise of the Phoenix is a good choice, especially if you can dodge the Lightning attacks.

Of course if you have the "100% of Block Chance applies to Spell Block" then any shield would do at all really. "The Oak" from Prophecy League isn't bad, 1% life Regen isn't that much but it gives you a fair chunk of free regen between phases.

75% spell block doesn't help if you die in one hit to her spells. He asked only about shields, not other defenses (which is why I haven't mentioned purity of fire and purity of lightning until this parenthetical, which both also combo great with saffell's if you're trying only to not die and don't care as much about actually dealing damage), so saffell's frame is by far the most valuable tool in the quest to not die in one hit to her (her puncture spear is kind of weak; my low life SRS witch can tank the uber version without blinking)
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 27, 2016, 11:46:01 AM
^ hey I notice her spear is trash, I have kings guard and my mjolner and volls devo procs like a machine gun. So her physical bleed can't really do me anything from what I have seen atleast I don't think so its never been an issue from what I see.

So I guess saffels is the best way to go.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info