Fated Connections

No, that doesn't use jewelers orbs, technically.
It just pays jewelers orbs to make the bench do it for you. I could use a coin to open a beer bottle, or I could pay someone to do it, yet in the latter case I don#t use the coin on the beer bottle.

Of course, that's really just semantics, as I have no idea how this prophecy is supposed to work.
It's just how I read this one.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
viperesque wrote:
Edit: from a little googling, it sounds like the way the prophecy works is that it just makes the next time you hit 6s with a jeweler's orb also 6l the iten. That would support the above.

This is correct. The prophecy works by forcing you to use jeweller's orbs to naturally roll a 6s; when you do so, it will become 6L.

Also, unless you have some really valuable armour that you want to 6L as soon as possible, you're better off selling Fated Connections like I did. It actually goes for a little over the price of vorici's guaranteed 6-link (10ex, when 1ex can get you 160 fusings)... unintuitive I know....
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 27, 2016, 1:55:50 PM
For me using the 5L version of this prophecy it takes one Jew. to create a 5 socket 5 linked item instantly. It does not require a master bench or anything else. The only think I'm wondering is are you sure the item level is high enough to support the 6L? If so it should work just like the 5L version and 1 click to create the 6L item.
IGN: Fourist
Last edited by Fourist on Jun 27, 2016, 2:21:57 PM
It's not an instant 1 shot. The fated connections prophecy makes it so the next time you would roll a 6 socket using a jeweler, it just makes them connected automatically. Some people report it taking 100-300 jewelers. Which, when compared to 1/1200+ FUSINGS for a 6-link, it's still immensely worth it. You can also get 10ex easily fort he prophecy and likely buy a 6L of whatever you're trying to link and still make a profit.

-Mead
"
Fourist wrote:
For me using the 5L version of this prophecy it takes one Jew. to create a 5 socket 5 linked item instantly. It does not require a master bench or anything else. The only think I'm wondering is are you sure the item level is high enough to support the 6L? If so it should work just like the 5L version and 1 click to create the 6L item.

Incorrect. Very incorrect. You make these claims without looking at the wording at all.

"You will create a fully-linked five-socket item with a single Jeweller's Orb."

"You will create a fully-linked six-socket item using only Jeweller's Orbs."

See the difference? Imbue the difference into your soul. And then stop spounting nonsense.
"
"
Fourist wrote:

Incorrect. Very incorrect. You make these claims without looking at the wording at all.

See the difference? Imbue the difference into your soul. And then stop spounting nonsense.

I didnt claim I was 100% right, I was just trying to share my experience with the 5L version. I have not been lucky enough to get the 6L one so I did not realize the wording was different!
IGN: Fourist
Last edited by Fourist on Jun 27, 2016, 4:07:22 PM
"
Also, unless you have some really valuable armour that you want to 6L as soon as possible, you're better off selling Fated Connections like I did. It actually goes for a little over the price of vorici's guaranteed 6-link (10ex, when 1ex can get you 160 fusings)... unintuitive I know....

I think completing one of the two 'fated connections' prophecies is also part of a challenge. So I can see why it might go for a little more than its normal value.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
"
Fourist wrote:

Yes, I have seen similar claims like this many times. People just are so incorrect. It is like they are not looking at the wording at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info