Cut-Throat League? Is this going to be like waiting for DIablo 3's pvp

"
ZasZ314 wrote:
"
Arrogant wrote:
"
TheScientist wrote:

No game is ever fully polished on release, saying its in open beta is just a safe way of saying were gonna release it now.

Sorry no.
Alpha is a group of very trusted people who get access to a very buggy client.
Closed Beta is a very rough still buggy period.
Open beta is: we believe we have most of the systems worked out and now need a larger quantity of TESTERS to ensure that we can test high load but we still plan to make MASSIVE changes to the game. There is a release planned in the moderate to far future which will be the game with 4 acts.

This is Beta. It is not a release

Sorry no.

I love PoE and GGG both, and they can call it Open Beta all they want, but for all intents and purposes this game is released. If all they were looking for in this Open Beta was more testers to stress their systems, they wouldn't have implemented their final business model and launched the transaction store. Now that we are out of the kickstarter/fundraising phase, and people are paying for cosmetic microtransactions, the game is released. Period.

Any statement GGG makes with respect to "releasing" the game, will be purely ceremonial in nature. They will keep releasing acts and additional content well into the future, will they call Act 5 and Act 6 the release of a new game? No...it's a content patch. When they announce PoE as officially released, we will keep playing the game like we have been for months/years.

But regardless of whether GGG sees it that way, they should. Because now that they have launched the online store, they need to cater to their playerbase in order to keep people playing and buying their microtransactions. That includes cut-throat players, no matter how small that playerbase might be.

Maybe it's not cost-effective to implement a permanent cut-throat league, based on how many players would use it. But if that's the case, GGG should communicate that information instead of keeping people in the dark about cut-throat when they are very open in communication about many other features for the game.

Yes you are right.

Can we get a official response from a Dev on the date this will be released. Also the length of the league.

Please make it permanent as anything else would of been false advertising. They advertised this league different before launch last month. I remember before the game was released the first thing I noticed was this so called Cutthroat league, not this so called race cutthroat 1 week thing which is just terrible.

False advertising does not go over well anymore, especially in the business world.

Also the bottom line is we are waiting too long already. Their is a fine line between patience and immoral behavior coming from GGG's end.
Last edited by TheScientist on Feb 19, 2013, 9:59:39 PM
"immoral behavior coming from GGG's end"

What? It is their game, they will release what they want to release when they want to release it. In the mean time please endure playing their game for absolutely no cost. Those rapscallions!

What false advertising? They said cutthroat would be added at a later date.

Continue discussing whatever you like but sometimes the hyperbole gets excessive.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Feb 19, 2013, 10:33:42 PM
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"immoral behavior coming from GGG's end"

What? It is their game, they will release what they want to release when they want to release it. In the mean time please endure playing their game for absolutely no cost. Those rapscallions!

What false advertising? They said cutthroat would be added at a later date.

Continue discussing whatever you like but sometimes the hyperbole gets excessive.

This. OP... dude... this is Beta. Don't make me get the broom out.
IGN: Mibuwolf
"
TheScientist wrote:

Yes you are right.

Can we get a official response from a Dev on the date this will be released. Also the length of the league.

Please make it permanent as anything else would of been false advertising. They advertised this league different before launch last month. I remember before the game was released the first thing I noticed was this so called Cutthroat league, not this so called race cutthroat 1 week thing which is just terrible.

False advertising does not go over well anymore, especially in the business world.

Also the bottom line is we are waiting too long already. Their is a fine line between patience and immoral behavior coming from GGG's end.

There is no false advertising...I never saw a date from them posted, like there was one for D3's PvP. For someone who has the screen name scientist, you sure aren't using the scientific method to figure anything out
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
10/10

Thread title is epic!
consider that maintaning such a league would require a lot of effort ... its not just releasing theres bugfixing, balancing and stuff

I think theyr hands are already pretty full right now
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
The two people that wanted this have already moved on.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
TheScientist wrote:

This is turning out to be like waiting for Diablo 3's pvp.

Unless GGG starts bragging about it, charges everyone $60 bucks for the game, makes people wait 8+ months just to tell everyone it "NOT FUN" to scrap the whole idea...

Then NO it won't be like waitng for D3 pvps.

Derp.
Listen guys.

I honestly have no idea what and why your defending GGG.

In no shape or form am I attacking this company. In fact, I am pleased with this game. All I am asking for is a response from the Dev team concerning the release date of CutThroat league.

Also this league needs to be permanent. If they fail to do this then this game will uterly turn out to be another 'normal' game which fails to create that whole 10 year ongoing experience that Diablo 2 has done.

I mean honestly, for a game that rips off everything Diablo 2 related, they should at least know that real pvpers need this to happen asap as playing on hardcore league is getting super boring. 'omg u ninja'd my loot!'.....

so boring seriously.

ok but on a serious note. All i want to know is if this league will be like 1 week long 'aka a race' or if it will be maybe a 6 month duration like the standard d2 ladder.

If the Dev's say that it will only be a short duration league then fine, I will go play hardcore. But I do not want to waste time in a league that I am unsure I am going to play. Their needs to be some information released on the matter. I would be more then happy to start building my economy in hardcore, sad of course, but still would settle for even that.

That is how much I like this game.
Last edited by TheScientist on Feb 20, 2013, 12:27:07 PM
"
TheScientist wrote:
Can this just be released already.

I dont want to wait for something that their is no point waiting for. The game is fine just release the league so players can build their economy ect.

Dont want to waste time in hardcore anymore since I know where Im gonna play.

This is turning out to be like waiting for Diablo 3's pvp.
No, because this game is still in beta, and you didn't pay $60 for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info